2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

4 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Surtain is still my top choice based off need... I need to do more work on Smith & Chase. Smith seems like a glider on his route running. It's not as crisp/sudden as Jefferson but shoot the guy gets open & catches everything.

Yeah as dope as it'd be to get a top WR, we have no corners..it's the way bigger need.
Though Chase and Smith are perhaps better gambles and sorta BPA if the 3 of them are there when we pick.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Surtain is still my top choice based off need... I need to do more work on Smith & Chase. Smith seems like a glider on his route running. It's not as crisp/sudden as Jefferson but shoot the guy gets open & catches everything.

I'll be honest I haven't watched much of any of these guys. Just basing it off of team need and the unanimity of the prospects. I think all 4 are pretty safe bets though from what I've read thus far. Here in a couple weeks I'll be on TDN like every day reading up on guys then grinding tape on YouTube.

I’m wouldn’t pen Maddox in the slot just yet...I’m not betting on Maddox bouncing back to the slot and playing well after the year he had outside. He’s shown he can’t run with guys and he can’t compete with bigger guys 

I would love to see LeBlanc back and healthy. And if not let them all compete. I think this staff pens guys in spots without really having them compete. 

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think we can’t lose between Chase or Smith if we go WR. Both of these guys are studs.

I think Chase, Smith and Waddle are all good, and Top 20 players, but I definitely think Chase is the best bet.

17 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Olave looking good with the second round pick... Surtain & then Olave...

IDK why, never been a fan of OSU wide receivers. Terry has done good things, but they really seem to just be meh IMO. The only other decent one to come to mind in recent memory is Santonio Holmes.

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

IDK why, never been a fan of OSU wide receivers. Terry has done good things, but they really seem to just be meh IMO. The only other decent one to come to mind in recent memory is Santonio Holmes.

They've been doing a solid job finding and coaching guys up recently. Hartline seems to do a solid job teaching them up. I'm sure he'll get a shot at a head coaching job at some point soon. 

5 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I’m wouldn’t pen Maddox in the slot just yet...I’m not betting on Maddox bouncing back to the slot and playing well after the year he had outside. He’s shown he can’t run with guys and he can’t compete with bigger guys 

I would love to see LeBlanc back and healthy. And if not let them all compete. I think this staff pens guys in spots without really having them compete. 

I like leblanc too. I'd prefer a competition there in the slot. He and Maddox have their exclusive strengths. This staff's biggest weakness might be their loyalty to certain players starting roles. It's literally ridiculous and is a reason for firing IMO.

19 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I like leblanc too. I'd prefer a competition there in the slot. He and Maddox have their exclusive strengths. This staff's biggest weakness might be their loyalty to certain players starting roles. It's literally ridiculous and is a reason for firing IMO.

Leblanc is a free agent and I doubt we can even afford to bring him back.