2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

With Schwartz gone, I'd be even more excited for a Parsons pick. If we get like a Todd Wash...someone who will scheme and use all of what Micah does well he could be a defensive MVP caliber player.

If we lose the game and are picking 3-6 I'd still go Surtain, Chase, Smith...but if they were gone or we trade back a little and get Parsons...would be sweet.

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

With Schwartz gone, I'd be even more excited for a Parsons pick. If we get like a Todd Wash...someone who will scheme and use all of what Micah does well he could be a defensive MVP caliber player.

If we lose the game and are picking 3-6 I'd still go Surtain, Chase, Smith...but if they were gone or we trade back a little and get Parsons...would be sweet.

See here is the thing.... Howie is still our GM and unless that changes there is no way we take a LB high in the first round.

4 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Give me Devonta Smith. Kid has a chance to be special.

I would be ok with Parsons, Surtain, or Chase as well.

It depends where we are drafting. I wouldn’t mind taking Smith in the top half of the first round, but if we are selecting like 4th or 5th? No thanks. If we can get a team that wants Wilson or Lance to trade up to our spot and we can move back a bit and still pick Smith, then I’m more than happy to do that.

I like Sewell a lot and he’s a blue chip talent, but I really want to see Mailata become a solid to very good left tackle for us and I think he is definitely capable of that. Don’t have as much faith in Dillard, but not ready to give up on him either. We really can’t move Lane the next 2 years. Just gotta hope he stays healthy. Not in love with the top of this draft overall though. My ideal scenario is a solid to very good haul for hopefully Zach Wilson at 4 or 5 from some team. Can’t say who I would pick after the trade down, because it’s too early to say how far that might be and who would be there, but I think that would definitely be the best option for us. I know you guys want Parsons or a top receiver, but neither would be as good as a nice haul. Now, the only argument I could see for wanting to stay inside the top 5 and not trade back is you think Howie is more likely to mess up the first rounder in that case. While that may be true you can’t be sure we take one of the receivers you want or Parsons there. I would argue if Howie is GM the odds are that you don’t get either.  Eagles just haven’t valued LB under him and he took a first round WR last year and 3 total. Plus, we found Fulgham and while he’s just a depth receiver he still factors into the equation as he’s under contract next year for dirt cheap. I’d say if we get a receiver it’s more likely it’s a slot to replace Greg Ward who is an exclusive rights free agent (ERFA). That means we could bring him back next year on the minimum, but aren’t likely to keep him around after 2021, so we would want someone to challenge him this year and step in next year. I know this isn’t what some of you want to hear, but I definitely think it’s something you should realize and/or consider going into this off-season.

I wanna do mocks and see other people’s mocks, but it’s kinda pointless to do it until after tomorrow’s games when the draft order for non-playoff teams will be set in stone. We are gonna abuse those mock simulators once that happens though lol.

It’s just too bad our cap situation is so messed up, because the mock off-seasons won’t be interesting at all for free agency. It’s gonna be more about how we cut dead weight and still useful players to get under the cap. Hopefully we don’t have to do much restructuring. I really wanna avoid that as much as possible.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I wanna do mocks and see other people’s mocks, but it’s kinda pointless to do it until after tomorrow’s games when the draft order for non-playoff teams will be set in stone. We are gonna abuse those mock simulators once that happens though lol.

It’s just too bad our cap situation is so messed up, because the mock off-seasons won’t be interesting at all for free agency. It’s gonna be more about how we cut dead weight and still useful players to get under the cap. Hopefully we don’t have to do much restructuring. I really wanna avoid that as much as possible.

I was trying to do a mock offseason and I honestly didn't even know how I would be able to get under the cap with cuts and trades and restructures. the stupid phantom years on contracts to extend signing bonus' makes it hard.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

I was trying to do a mock offseason and I honestly didn't even know how I would be able to get under the cap with cuts and trades and restructures. the stupid phantom years on contracts to extend signing bonus' makes it hard.

Yeah, as much credit as Howie gets for being some cap guru he kinda shot us in the foot with all the restructures and kicking the can down the road. Not saying Howie didn’t deserve some of the credit he received for trades, contracts, etc. But, looking back in hindsight it wasn’t all that pretty. Some of his bad moves I saw at the time and blame him for like the Alshon restructure. I thought the Wentz extension was good at the time even if we got a regression season after the 2017 breakout. I liked that we got ahead of it and got him on what would be a solid value by the time Dallas paid Prescott. But, I couldn’t predict what would happen in 2020 and neither could Howie, so I don’t blame him for that. All moves need some context when looking back in hindsight. I didn’t like us doing so many restructures at the time though. I kind of let it go without much criticism cause I thought we had a real window for the next 3 years to win another Super Bowl... *sigh*

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, as much credit as Howie gets for being some cap guru he kinda shot us in the foot with all the restructures and kicking the can down the road. Not saying Howie didn’t deserve some of the credit he received for trades, contracts, etc. But, looking back in hindsight it wasn’t all that pretty. Some of his bad moves I saw at the time and blame him for like the Alshon restructure. I thought the Wentz extension was good at the time even if we got a regression season after the 2017 breakout. I liked that we got ahead of it and got him on what would be a solid value by the time Dallas paid Prescott. But, I couldn’t predict what would happen in 2020 and neither could Howie, so I don’t blame him for that. All moves need some context when looking back in hindsight. I didn’t like us doing so many restructures at the time though. I kind of let it go without much criticism cause I thought we had a real window for the next 3 years to win another Super Bowl... *sigh*

honestly i dont think there was ever going to be a situation where this wasnt the year the bubble would burst.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

honestly i dont think there was ever going to be a situation where this wasnt the year the bubble would burst.

The only way it wouldn’t have is if we stayed healthy and Wentz was great. Neither happened though sadly. But, yeah looking back I was dumb to be as hyped as I was for this season even if those two things happened.

25 minutes ago, Danger said:

Gut feeling we take on Greg Rosseau tbh.

That’s my initial thought as well and I don’t think I would be a fan. 😞

Need to watch more of his film from last year since he didn’t play this year, but a lot of people who have seen much more of him than me that I trust don’t really rank him that high. Some don’t even have him as the best edge rusher on his own team and not a top 2 or 3 edge rushers in this class. I think he should probably be at least #3 for sure just cause of his tools and ceiling, but yeah.

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

See here is the thing.... Howie is still our GM and unless that changes there is no way we take a LB high in the first round.

Ehh I think Howie’s key thing is overcorrection and defensiveness. He always seems to get fixated on fixing his most perceived oversight first and foremost. WR still is probably that, but not drafting star players is also up there. I think drafting a “sure” star like Parsons supersedes any bias against LBs.

I don’t think it’s likely, especially if we stay top 6. But if we drop from a win, Chase and Surtain are gone (which could still be the case at 6) it could happen.

38 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Ehh I think Howie’s key thing is overcorrection and defensiveness. He always seems to get fixated on fixing his most perceived oversight first and foremost. WR still is probably that, but not drafting star players is also up there. I think drafting a “sure” star like Parsons supersedes any bias against LBs.

I don’t think it’s likely, especially if we stay top 6. But if we drop from a win, Chase and Surtain are gone (which could still be the case at 6) it could happen.

I hear where you’re going with it, but we have valued WR in the past to an extent. One much smaller than the trenches, but one much bigger than LB.

Also, if we fall to like 8-10, then I highly doubt Parsons is on the board. He might not even be there at 6 or 7.