2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I hear where you’re going with it, but we have valued WR in the past to an extent. One much smaller than the trenches, but one much bigger than LB.

Also, if we fall to like 8-10, then I highly doubt Parsons is on the board. He might not even be there at 6 or 7.

Yeah I don’t think it’s even a very probably thing. Just a chance. It’s more to do with the prospect and Howie’s insecurities (internal and external) than anything.

We’d need to drop to like 8, and the top 7 go

Lawrence/Fields/Sewell/Wilson/Chase/Surtain/Smith.

In that situation I could see a Howie on his last straw go with Parsons over next tier prospects like Farley or Waddle.

I could also see a new GM, if we are so lucky, go with him in that situation to really hit on their first pick.

The only other thing I could see affecting it is if we somehow get 3 or 4 and trade down. That’d give Howie/new GM more freedom to take a more luxury pick in Parsons if they got an extra 2nd and more in their back pocket.

Howie has always had preferences but bends to certain guys. We reportedly were pretty intent on Kuechly in 2012 and were gonna go  McCaffrey in 2017 before the Panthers took him too. Both are positions they’ve said they don’t value and have yet to show much value in....but was willing to bend for the right kinda guy. 

Just exploring the possibilities. I’m very much on the Surtain or WR train. But feels great knowing if 3 QBs go top 10 we are guaranteed pretty damn good player, even if we do something stupid like win tomorrow.

I think Jim not being back does make a pick like Parsons more likely. I mean there are real scenarios that the defense coordinator will actually need a good linebacker to run his scheme.

But the eagles will just promote burke and he'll have the 3rd bottom 5 scoring defense of his DC career.

Edited by ninjapirate

34 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Justin Fields looked pretty good friday night.

Looked like crap against northwestern, kinda like Trask vs Oklahoma. Zach didn't look great against coastal Carolina either though, and that's the only ranked team he played. Then again, Hebert looked terrible in several games, so who knows what that really means. 

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Looked like crap against northwestern, kinda like Trask vs Oklahoma. Zach didn't look great against coastal Carolina either though, and that's the only ranked team he played. Then again, Hebert looked terrible in several games, so who knows what that really means. 

Just kind of crappy we have to be talking about QB prospects again. 

We should give hurts a year chance before we take one top 5. We need to get younger and clearing Wentz opens up much needed capspace. The way Howie can make deals I can see him doing very little year 1 and year 2 we should be great on cap space when we have a rookie Qb salary. If we can get allen Robinson in free agency, and a better number 2 I think it’ll fix our offensive problems. Our OLINE coming back is huge. Trade Ertz and Wentz and see if we can get a 2 for Dillard. 

8 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

We should give hurts a year chance before we take one top 5. We need to get younger and clearing Wentz opens up much needed capspace. The way Howie can make deals I can see him doing very little year 1 and year 2 we should be great on cap space when we have a rookie Qb salary. If we can get allen Robinson in free agency, and a better number 2 I think it’ll fix our offensive problems. Our OLINE coming back is huge. Trade Ertz and Wentz and see if we can get a 2 for Dillard. 

Howie hasn't made a good deal in like 3 years. We can't afford Allen Robinson. Dillard ain't getting us a 2nd. The guys coming back on our OL are all over 30 and injury prone, besides Dillard, who is young, injury prone, and probably sucks.

Edited by Jeezla

15 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Howie hasn't made a good deal in like 3 years. We can't afford Allen Robinson. Dillard ain't getting us a 2nd. The guys coming back on our OL are all over 30 and injury prone, besides Dillard, who is young, injury prone, and probably sucks.

I actually feel great about the offensive line in the short and long term. Mailata, Seumalo, Driscoll and Herbig are all either starter or backup/spot start quality pieces. Dillard is at least that too. Brooks and Johnson I think both will at least play for at another 3-4 years. Offensive line is definitely the least of our issues and is a major strength in my eyes. I'd use all picks on non-trench players if the board falls that way even a little bit.