2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

There isn't that next level edge prospect but Paye and Rousseau are probably worth it in the after pick 5 range. Which we will probably be in.

Chase is that next level guy at WR and Smith, Surtain and Farley are arguably that as well. If any of those guys are there, it's gotta be them. We have nothing, and next to nothing at WR and CB. DE at least we have guys under team control in Barnett and Sweat. BG maybe a couple more years. CB2 is absolutely barren and Slay isn't getting any younger.

4 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'd take Fields. He was the unanimous #2 overall pick for a year, then had some bad games and that changed dramatically, and unjustifiably in my opinion. He has the pedigree and all the tools. I'm dead set against a QB though unless we get an extra first from trading Wentz.

I think we might take a QB but I really don't think Howie and Doug deserve a second chance at taking one.

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

Chase is that next level guy at WR and Smith, Surtain and Farley are arguably that as well. If any of those guys are there, it's gotta be them. We have nothing, and next to nothing at WR and CB. DE at least we have guys under team control in Barnett and Sweat. BG maybe a couple more years. CB2 is absolutely barren and Slay isn't getting any younger.

Chase I probably agree with but Smith is small and Surtain might be slow. So I don't think either of them is a perfect prospect.

Just now, Danger said:

Honestly what I expect is we get a conditional pick from Indy that ranges from a 4th to a 2nd. Or something to that degree.

He needs to go to a place that will promise him they won't draft another QB in the first 3 rounds during the duration of his contract, or he will mentally take a chokeslam from the top of the hell in a cell.

Just now, ninjapirate said:

Chase I probably agree with but Smith is small and Surtain might be slow. So I don't think either of them is a perfect prospect.

Yeah I think Farley is prob a better pro prospect than Surtain given his athleticism. Chase is my #1 overall guy for us though. He's an X-WR who should be a target hog.

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think Surtain is more of a top 20 guy. I prefer Farley. Surtain isn't in that Okudah/Lattimore/Jaire Alexander tier, imo, but he could change my mind once I study his footwork more. Farley is a specimen. I hope he's been training his butt off.

We aren't getting Fields people. Zach Wilson or Trey Lance. One of those 2 could be our next QB. We aren't picking 2nd, and I doubt he (Fields) makes it past Atlanta if the Jets pass on him.

Edited by Jeezla

27 minutes ago, Danger said:

Say both us and Cincinnati lose, is there some way they're Strength of Schedule can push us past them from this week?

RXCR0m8.png

Yes, it will involve a ton of games though, so not anything I'd want to calculate manually. Just wait for them to update it 😂

32 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

There isn't that next level edge prospect but Paye and Rousseau are probably worth it in the after pick 5 range. Which we will probably be in.

Agreed. I love the day two depth of this edge class more than the top

37 minutes ago, Danger said:

Say both us and Cincinnati lose, is there some way they're Strength of Schedule can push us past them from this week?

RXCR0m8.png

Not very likely, a rough look at it.

Bengals

• Baltimore (playing this week)
  • L.A. CHARGERS
  • Miami
  • Cleveland/Pittsburgh
  • Indianapolis / JACKSONVILLE
  • TENNESSEE / Houston
  •  N.Y. GIANTS  /  DALLAS
  • Philadelphia/Washington

Eagles

• Washington (playing this week)
  • Green Bay
  • New Orleans
  • LA Rams  / Arizona
  • Cincinnati/Baltimore
  • San Francisco  / Seattle
  • Pittsburgh / Browns
  • Giants/ Dallas

Essentially it's Green Bay & Saints (us) vs Chargers & Dolphins (Cincy).
Our only real shot is them somehow winning, and they are down 17 at the half. Phins are getting blown out by Buffalo too.  Chargers have a shot with the Chiefs resting players.
But both the Saints and Packers need to win for the #1 seed, so they will be going for it. We'd need one of them to be upset.

There is a lot more math goes into it, but that's the broad strokes. 

Obviously higher pick the better, but Bengals probably take Sewell and they historically don't make trades. So they aren't the worst team to go ahead of us.
Looks like the Falcons are gonna get blown out, so we'll lose the ability to be a trade partner for that 3rd Qb with them ahead of us.
Right now I think we gotta hope the Texans win and we lose. Gives us #5 with Sewell and the 3 Qbs likely going ahead of us. With the slight chance the Jets just keep Darnold.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Jets going with Darnold will set the draft on fire. 

Yeah it probably lands Fields or Wilson in our lap at 5. They'd go Chase or Surtain if that was the case maybe?
Would be a big decision. Do you trade down a couple and take Farley, Smith, Parsons? Do you stand pat and get that other top guy at a position of need or do you just take the QB?
Would make things way more interesting for sure.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah it probably lands Fields or Wilson in our lap at 5. They'd go Chase or Surtain if that was the case maybe?
Would be a big decision. Do you trade down a couple and take Farley, Smith, Parsons? Do you stand pat and get that other top guy at a position of need or do you just take the QB?
Would make things way more interesting for sure.

Fields looked really freaking good vs CLEMSON I will say. If he drops, you have to consider it but no shot he does. Take Surtain or Chase/Smith... See if we can trade Wentz for a first or multiple picks & go defense if we go WR in the first.