2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

9 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Oh like the time a couple years ago Rasul Douglas was a top 7 corner at the end of the year only to go on to not be any good at all?

He was never a top 7 corner playing meaningful snaps besides like 2 games. Herbig has over 800 snaps and allowed only 2 sacks and is only 22 years old. I don’t know what you’re missing but he was not the issue, Pryor and peters was. 

One thing I think we can all agree on is that the offensive line is in great shape moving forward. There are zero resources that need to be spent there with how many young guys played and played well there when forced into extensive action. As long as we don't set another record for starting combinations within the unit, we should have one of the best top to bottom for the next few years.

20 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

One thing I think we can all agree on is that the offensive line is in great shape moving forward. There are zero resources that need to be spent there with how many young guys played and played well there when forced into extensive action. As long as we don't set another record for starting combinations within the unit, we should have one of the best top to bottom for the next few years.

Well all things considered, and Brooks coming back makes it way better. But I think spending like a third on an IOL who can play center or just an outright center could be in the cards.

If Kelce doesn’t retire this year he will probably the year after that. 

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Well all things considered, and Brooks coming back makes it way better. But I think spending like a third on an IOL who can play center or just an outright center could be in the cards.

Agreed, somewhat to help shore up IOL for when Kelce leaves. If he's out this season I expect Seumalo to slide in and Herbig to man LG. Should be a good unit overall with Driscoll and Dillard battling for RT heir apparent. And then a drafted guy to learn behind Brooks alongside Prince.

But man, I wouldn't be mad if Sewell fell in our laps

1 minute ago, T-rade said:

Agreed, somewhat to help shore up IOL for when Kelce leaves. If he's out this season I expect Seumalo to slide in and Herbig to man LG. Should be a good unit overall with Driscoll and Dillard battling for RT heir apparent. And then a drafted guy to learn behind Brooks alongside Prince.

But man, I wouldn't be mad if Sewell fell in our laps

Sewell has some position versatility, so yeah it could work.
Depends if they really are out on Dillard

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Sewell has some position versatility, so yeah it could work.
Depends if they really are out on Dillard

Howie is still expecting JJAW to take a step this coming offseason, so I doubt they give up on Dillard

21 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah a center is the only spot I'd be okay with spending a pick since nobody but Kelce has gotten legitimate reps there for a long time. 

6 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

The dude was an anchor in pass protection. Maybe he can't sustain this level of play in the future, but I think you are underrating just how good he has been this season. 

He's been impressive and is definitely a part of the plan moving forward. The only path I see for him is at LG with Seumalo sliding to C if Kelce retires. With that being said, I definitely wouldn't just hand Herbig the LG job without competition. Maybe Herbig vs. Driscoll for LG?

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

He's been impressive and is definitely a part of the plan moving forward. The only path I see for him is at LG with Seumalo sliding to C if Kelce retires. With that being said, I definitely wouldn't just hand Herbig the LG job without competition. Maybe Herbig vs. Driscoll for LG?

For sure, and if Herbig is a backup next year then I think that just shows the interior line is in really good shape.