2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'll take the vacuum approach since there was an ungodly amount of configurations that they all had to go through. If 5 or 6 of them can stay healthy and play together, I think you'd see that sack/pressure total dip dramatically. Also, let's not act like Carson did them any favors with the 20 or so sacks he created himself, along with Hurts being a rookie and not knowing how to navigate a pocket.

Yep. Carson was responsible for a lot of sacks. Most of the issues were with players like Peters, Pryor, Brown, and Opeta. Hopefully all those guys are gone next year. Kelce retiring would hurt but oline is in decent shape heading into next season, especially compared to other position groups. Assuming everyone makes it to the season healthy a line of Mailata-Herbig-Seumalo-Brooks-Lane is pretty good. Then they have potential with Dillard, Driscoll, and maybe even Prince as backups. 

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Would the Bengals take Parsons at 5? They took Logan Wilson in the 2nd, but I dont't think he was anything special.

I think they could. Think they'll be in on Sewell and Surtain way more though. As well as maybe just getting Chase to reunite with Burrow.

11 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think they could. Think they'll be in on Sewell and Surtain way more though. As well as maybe just getting Chase to reunite with Burrow.

Sewell should go 3rd to Miami, but maybe they take a WR and then go OL at 18

Edited by Jeezla

39 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Sewell should go 3rd to Miami, but maybe they take a WR and then go OL at 18

Could also be a spot they trade out of, like if the Panthers or Broncos wanted to slide in front of Atlanta it'd  make sense to milk that BoB gift even more.
Though unlike us they aren't good with everyone on the board...no real need for them to add Surtain or Farley in the top 10. But even at 9 they could take Waddle or one of those OTs.

9. Patrick Surtain II CB Alabama (Starter #2 CB)

***Traded W/ Denver for #9 and #40 ( They traded up for a QB )

37. Pat Freiermuth TE Penn State (Ertz Replacement)

40. Dylan Moses LB Alabama (Starter)

70. Quincy Roche EDGE Miami (FL) (Barnett Replacement)

133. Alec Lindstrom OC Boston College (Kelce Replacement)

144. Ar'Darius Washington S TCU (Depth / Possible Starter)

*Traded 139 and future 7th for # 144 and #188 (Day 3 Trades)

164. Tyler Vrabel OT Boston College (Depth / Project)

188. Lorenzo Neal DT Purdue (Malik Jackson Replacement / Project)

196. T.J. Vasher WR Texas Tech (Project)

All Trades Offered to me, Tried to keep it most realistic. PFN Mock Draft SIM

What y'all think 

22 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

9. Patrick Surtain II CB Alabama (Starter #2 CB)

***Traded W/ Denver for #9 and #40 ( They traded up for a QB )

37. Pat Freiermuth TE Penn State (Ertz Replacement)

40. Dylan Moses LB Alabama (Starter)

70. Quincy Roche EDGE Miami (FL) (Barnett Replacement)

133. Alec Lindstrom OC Boston College (Kelce Replacement)

144. Ar'Darius Washington S TCU (Depth / Possible Starter)

*Traded 139 and future 7th for # 144 and #188 (Day 3 Trades)

164. Tyler Vrabel OT Boston College (Depth / Project)

188. Lorenzo Neal DT Purdue (Malik Jackson Replacement / Project)

196. T.J. Vasher WR Texas Tech (Project)

All Trades Offered to me, Tried to keep it most realistic. PFN Mock Draft SIM

What y'all think 

Like Surtain, love getting him at 9...it's unlikely but certainly possible if there are a ton of QBs in the top 8.

I assumed you are trading Ertz too? But drafting a TE to replace Ertz that high is a very Howie esque Galaxy Brain move.

Kind eh on Moses...need to watch him more but would rather a more  notable athlete.

I'm glad we are collecting the legacy bloodlines for some sort of blood sacrifice to the Football Gods to fix Carson. 
Might I suggest to be safe we take Asante Jr in the second and a 7th round flyer on Cooper Manning...he's only a couple years older at 46 and can't play but should be good for our needs.

Jamar chase has great body control something we need from a number 1. Somebody who can stop on a dime to get those easy 20 yard catches. Something I noticed is jalen is horrible at that. When he’s trying to catch a back shoulder catch he like jumps backwards and tries to cradle the ball and makes it so much harder on himself when he should just stop and gather himself. I think he needs to lose some weight and get some quickness back, his 40 time is reflecting on his gameplay. He did say he gained weight. 

Edited by DeSean Jackson

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Any strong opinions one way or the other on Smith vs Chase? They both seem like pretty stellar prospects to me. If we are set on going WR or BPA and have them back to back on our board, I really hope Cincy takes 1 so we don't have to choose, because we'd obviously pick the wrong one.

Not personally at this point,

Chase doesn’t quite “wow” athletically as someone ranked so high normally would if they weren’t very tall. Seen people complain about his effort on blocking, but have heard differing opinions there...without watching ever snap it’s hard to say. I’ve seen people cherry-pick plays to say he cares and the opposite.

Smith obviously needs to add mass to his team at some point in the NFL.

But it’s very nit-picky. They both are hard working guys, but go about it differently. Smith as a quieter slightly more “team” guy probably will speak to Howie.

6 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Any strong opinions one way or the other on Smith vs Chase? They both seem like pretty stellar prospects to me. If we are set on going WR or BPA and have them back to back on our board, I really hope Cincy takes 1 so we don't have to choose, because we'd obviously pick the wrong one.

I’m hoping Chase, smith was arguably the 3rd best wideout on his team last year and chase was the best when he had justin Jefferson on the same team who just had the best rookie season. Chase has that rare body control you want in a number one. Multiple Dbs said he was the hardest player to cover in college. He’s about two years younger then smith and he went off the way he did when he was only 19... he has sneaky speed and always seems to know how to get open deep with how he runs his routes. He has hopkins and michael thomas back shoulder stop on a dime ability. 

7 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I like Chase more. He is more the prototype of a true #1but I’m not turning my nose up at either of them.

I refuse to get caught up in draft narrative street in either of these guys like I did with Jefferson. Coming out of the season I liked Jefferson and I let the narrative he was a slot only sway me. Nope sir, trusting what I see on Chase and Smith 

7 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Smith just has "it". Similar to Jefferson, the guy just makes insane plays and . I think he is going to be better than Chase but I think they both will be very good and I don't have a super strong opinion either way. I'd be surprised if they both don't succeed in the NFL.