2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

12 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Ah okay. If we draft a corner I'd rather him be someone who can play opposite Slay as the #2. I'd feel fine sliding Maddox back into the slot, which hopefully we do.

I feel like maddox hasn't improved at all since his rookie year. We need 3 new cb's (hopefully we don't draft one until round 2 though).

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I feel like maddox hasn't improved at all since his rookie year. We need 3 new cb's (hopefully we don't draft one until round 2 though).

I agree. But I'd feel fine with him inside. On a side note, apparently Jalen Mills had a solid year. How do we feel about bringing him back?

1 minute ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Anyone else feel like Howie will try to trade up with Miami for Sewell or Trade back for a haul of picks and then get a D-Lineman to replace DB/BG .

It will depend on what kind of compensation we get for Wentz,  but I don't see us trading up for Sewell or really anybody at all. Trade down could definitely happen. 

6 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Anyone else feel like Howie will try to trade up with Miami for Sewell or Trade back for a haul of picks and then get a D-Lineman to replace DB/BG .

If they trade up it'll because the dealt Wentz and trade up to get the QB they want

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If they trade up it'll because the dealt Wentz and trade up to get the QB they want

Yeah the only way they trade up is if they decide they want a QB. If not, the prospect at 6 will be just as talented as the one or two players selected before then.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Kwity Paye really does seem like such a Howie move. “You know us, we believe in building through the trenches.”

I said this from the start - it's 100% a Howie move, so get ready for it. 

Chase, Surtain and even Micah on the board.

"The Philadelphia Eagles select, Kwitty Paye, DL, Michigan"

Every other war room:

NOV19-We-Are-Laughing-Eyman.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

The only hope we have of trading back is if Fields or Wilson are still there. If the 2 of them go in the top 5 then we're not going to have many suitors who are looking to move. 

12 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I see McShay has us taking Parsons. I'd be fine with that I guess. But we really really need another wideout and corner in the worst way. Who can start in 2021. We need a legit safety too. Damn.

that pick will annoy me all offseason because we know it wont happen

17 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I see McShay has us taking Parsons. I'd be fine with that I guess. But we really really need another wideout and corner in the worst way. Who can start in 2021. We need a legit safety too. Damn.

McShay? Might as well ask a drunk rodeo clown who the Eagles will pick 

41 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The Eagles are not picking a LB in the first round if the current regime is still in place. Not happening.

I think it’s possible, plenty of avenues of thought that jive with Howie.

After trying to take players from places that don’t produce top NFL talent and getting burnt. Like TCU/Stanford WRs, Washington St, North Dakota QB....maybe he goes for one of the more historical alley oops as a Penn State LB. especially one who fits the modern game so well and has a tremendous athletic profile.

The new DC could really push for it, Howie either through self evaluation or a “hey do this or else” from Lurie. Howie might try to listen to the coaches more. I don’t it but it’s definitely a valid criticism that he doesn’t account for the scheme very well or seemingly ask the coaches.

Also if the locker room / building has a certain level of Toxicity, maybe he overvalues “try hard” or culture guys. Wouldn’t be the first time, and he always has valued that to a dumb degree. Micah, Surtain and Smith all fit that bill.

I’d be shocked if they did it. But a reactionary guy like Howie. Faced with years of draft failures....maybe he just tries for par and get a win for once so he won’t get the axe come years end.