2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I think it’s possible, plenty of avenues of thought that jive with Howie.

After trying to take players from places that don’t produce top NFL talent and getting burnt. Like TCU/Stanford WRs, Washington St, North Dakota QB....maybe he goes for one of the more historical alley oops as a Penn State LB. especially one who fits the modern game so well and has a tremendous athletic profile.

The new DC could really push for it, Howie either through self evaluation or a “hey do this or else” from Lurie. Howie might try to listen to the coaches more. I don’t it but it’s definitely a valid criticism that he doesn’t account for the scheme very well or seemingly ask the coaches.

Also if the locker room / building has a certain level of Toxicity, maybe he overvalues “try hard” or culture guys. Wouldn’t be the first time, and he always has valued that to a dumb degree. Micah, Surtain and Smith all fit that bill.

I’d be shocked if they did it. But a reactionary guy like Howie. Faced with years of draft failures....maybe he just tries for par and get a win for once so he won’t get the axe come years end.

I think it will depend on who the defensive coordinator ends up being. Like if we just promote Burke(gross) I doubt they even sniff a linebacker early.

33 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I think it will depend on who the defensive coordinator ends up being. Like if we just promote Burke(gross) I doubt they even sniff a linebacker early.

Why is that gross? The defensive line was beast this year under him. And he’s been a d coordinator before. Not saying he should get it but if he does I don’t see why that is gross.....

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Why is that gross? The defensive line was beast this year under him. And he’s been a d coordinator before. Not saying he should get it but if he does I don’t see why that is gross.....

I'm assuming he's thinking like me and wants someone new in here. I don't think promoting from within, for either coordinator spot, is going to change anything. 

27 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't know if he's any good since I haven't watched him, but Master Teague III just sounds like a guy who will be a good RB.

I wasn't to impressed with him , might be a good backup tho imo. I only watch OSU so they're the only guys I know really well. Sermon on the other hand looks so legit. Smaller sample size but omfg he looks pretty awesome

When he first came to OSU I thought the same thing about his name

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

49 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I wasn't to impressed with him , might be a good backup tho imo. I only watch OSU so they're the only guys I know really well. Sermon on the other hand looks so legit. Smaller sample size but omfg he looks pretty awesome

When he first came to OSU I thought the same thing about his name

I'm not crazy about Sermon's contact balance. I live/work in buckeye country and my buddies aren't too crazy about Sermon.

9 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

He was the DC for two bottom 5 units and had never coached DL before this year so obviously he didn't help them do anything.

23 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm not crazy about Sermon's contact balance. I live/work in buckeye country and my buddies aren't too crazy about Sermon.

How can they not be. These last two games really showed his growth compared to his previous years. Dude just had 330 rushing against NW and another 190 on Clemson .

He was good at Oklahoma too. 

You don't break Eddie George's single game rushing by mistake especially when it's over 300 yards rushing the record

7 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

How can they not be. These last two games really showed his growth compared to his previous years. Dude just had 330 rushing against NW and another 190 on Clemson .

He was good at Oklahoma too. 

You don't break Eddie George's single game rushing by mistake especially when it's over 300 yards rushing the record

I agree 100%. I'm not sure how you can watch Sermons last five games and say to yourself "that guys not that impressive". 

• Like 1

Somebody posted this thread to laugh at Van S's craziness and behold. I found this beauty of a take. As a fellow pre-draft Reagor lover, I bring you this 😀

On 6/3/2019 at 3:36 PM, Jeezla said:

I like Jalen Reagor. Looks like Stefon Diggs mixed with Terry McLaurin.

• Like 1