2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

34 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Speaking of bad takes. Wake up this morning to find draft twitter dorks talking about how Chase is probably WR5-6 in this class because DB's aren't afraid to play him close to the LOS. Not that he gets jammed, or he gets rerouted, just that DB's tend to play him close. That's the knock. Guy said Toney and Tamorrion Terry were rated higher for him. Wild to me. He uses 3 or 4 clips from the Auburn game where DB's lined up close. He had 8 catches for 123 yards that game. 

Taking the year off is gonna get all those guys nitpicked to death. They just keep rewatching the same film and end up making up new things to see.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Scalamania said:

...and the cherry on top of that is that there's posters out there who had Jefferson ranked as the 10th best receiver in this class. 

lol who?

I was probably the biggest advocate of Reagor over Jefferson and I had JJ like one spot behind him and still a back half of the first round as far as value. I didn't see anyone really having Jefferson as the 10th best and if they did I'm not sure what they were watching in college.

16 hours ago, Danger said:
17 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Here is mine:

6. Ja'Marr Chase WR

38. Jaelan Phillips DE

70. Chazz Surratt LB

148. Reed Blankenship S

152. Robert Rochell CB

186. Ronnie Bell WR

220. Naquan Jones DT

229. Elijah Mitchell RB

253. Camryn Bynum CB

Expand  

Again, like all the others posted, I really like the first 3 picks, but the rest are pretty meh.

I like all the picks.

Blankenship is great value in the 5th. Rochell is a FCS guy with upside and could go higher than that depending what he does at the senior bowl and combine. Good chance he's not even there. He's gonna kill the combine. Ronnie Bell would be a fun slot with great YAC ability and be an upgrade over Greg Ward going forward for sure. Can't say I've watched much of Mitchell and am going more based on what I've heard about Naquan (don't think he played most of this year cause of COVID), but I like both their fits as depth guys, especially Mitchell who has nice hands out of the backfield, good power, great production, and can be a good #2 behind Sanders. Camryn Bynum is a guy from my city that has played a lot at Cal and despite not having great speed he has really good technique with ball skills. Could be a steal if he's there for the last pick in the draft. I think he's definitely gonna go round 6-7 unless he kills the Senior Bowl which he was recently called up to earlier this month.

14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I like all the picks.

Blankenship is great value in the 5th. Rochell is a FCS guy with upside and could go higher than that depending what he does at the senior bowl and combine. Good chance he's not even there. He's gonna kill the combine. Ronnie Bell would be a fun slot with great YAC ability and be an upgrade over Greg Ward going forward for sure. Can't say I've watched much of Mitchell and am going more based on what I've heard about Naquan (don't think he played most of this year cause of COVID), but I like both their fits as depth guys, especially Mitchell who has nice hands out of the backfield, good power, great production, and can be a good #2 behind Sanders. Camryn Bynum is a guy from my city that has played a lot at Cal and despite not having great speed he has really good technique with ball skills. Could be a steal if he's there for the last pick in the draft. I think he's definitely gonna go round 6-7 unless he kills the Senior Bowl which he was recently called up to earlier this month.

"give me your best mock"

"Only the people I like in the late rounds are good."

here is my no trade TDN mock.

6. Jamarr Chase WR LSU

38. Eric Stokes CB Georgia

70. Josh Myers Center Ohio St. 

148. Whop Philyor WR Indiana

152. Tyree Gillespie S Mizzou

186. Jaret Patterson RB Buffalo

220. Tarron Jackson EDGE Coastal Carolina 

229. Robert Cooper DT FSU

255. Ben Patrula OT Boston College 

Kind of hard with no coaching staff to make later picks. I don't even know what scheme to fit guys into.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Wonder what scared him off or he really wants that first round draft pick to his name. Being a second round pick is super sweet , I would of entered the draft lol

Maybe he wants to win a national championship after coming up short and thinks he can improve his stock which looked like it sat at early 2nd or so. I could see him moving into the middle of next years first. But that isn’t a big leap really. 

34 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This makes me more on the WR at 6 bandwagon. One less good WR option will likely fall to the 2nd 

Yep!! Unless the Eagles are taking a QB it should probably be WR. You need to make life easier on Jalen going into his second year and a broken Carson if the plan is to keep him.

I also feel like as fans we deserve a chance to finally get the top 10/15 type of WR prospect. Like I liked Reagor and still do but I had him as a back half of the first round like maybe 20th to early 2nd at where I thought he should go. When we drafted Agholor I didn’t like him as much. He was more like an early to mid 2nd round talent. I guess we got Maclin in recent years? Fred Ex before that lol.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy