2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Nothing is out of his realm of stupidity

He gets wrapped up in the wrong things when taking players but I wouldnt say he is stupid. 

Like when he says the coaching staff wanted reagor last year i actually believe him because Aaron Moorehead used to play with Jalens dad and already knew Jalen. i do think Reagor should look better this year though because Sirianni will probably be a huge help to him.

7 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

He gets wrapped up in the wrong things when taking players but I wouldnt say he is stupid. 

Like when he says the coaching staff wanted reagor last year i actually believe him because Aaron Moorehead used to play with Jalens dad and already knew Jalen. i do think Reagor should look better this year though because Sirianni will probably be a huge help to him.

I think every receiver we have will look better under this regime. Ditto for the secondary.

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

On Solak’s draft podcast, he had the Eagles trade back to 9 so the Broncos snipped the Lions for a QB and the Eagles picked Pitts and I didn’t hate it.....

He is a fantastic prospect but almost feels like a waste of resources unless we are full committed to 12 going forward which I’m not convinced we are. I read somewhere Sirianni is an 11 guy who was forced into 12 with the Colts due to personnel which means he is flexible so I like that. 

11 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

On Solak’s draft podcast, he had the Eagles trade back to 9 so the Broncos snipped the Lions for a QB and the Eagles picked Pitts and I didn’t hate it.....

Honestly I have more faith in Pitts being a stud than Smith and maybe Chase, but yeah I think it would have to involve a trade back. If one of Chase or Smith are on the board at 6 I can’t see us not going receiver though.

11 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'd hate it. It's basically just a lateral move from Ertz. Our offense doesn't really improve. Trade down and take Waddle.

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

He is a fantastic prospect but almost feels like a waste of resources unless we are full committed to 12 going forward which I’m not convinced we are. I read somewhere Sirianni is an 11 guy who was forced into 12 with the Colts due to personnel which means he is flexible so I like that. 

The thing is Pitts is basically like a big WR. Goedert would be mainly just the inline TE. Pitts would move around a lot depending on what teams throw at us. He’s a pretty ridiculous weapon and was the main reason I would tune into Florida games. His 2nd contract would match up perfectly with whatever extension we sign Goedert to as well. Just like Chase his production for his age is wild. He’s about two whole years younger than De’Vonta Smith. I’d be happy to add any of them to our offense though.

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'd hate it. It's basically just a lateral move from Ertz. Our offense doesn't really improve. Trade down and take Waddle.

I’ll take any of them man. If we come out anywhere from like 6-12 with one of those guys. I’m giving the first round an A!

Dane Brugler has Pitts and the top 3 WRs all in the top 8 of his early draft board:

3. Ja’Marr Chase, WR1, LSU (6-0, 210)

Chase is extremely talented after the catch and with the ball in the air, exemplifying the “my ball” attitude to consistently win the catch point (plays like a smaller Larry Fitzgerald). He appears very natural with his route movements but needs to do a better job making every route look the same off the line of scrimmage.

5. Kyle Pitts, TE1, Florida (6-6, 240)

Described as a “unicorn” by the Florida coaching staff, Pitts is what a twitchy big man looks like, using his natural reflexes, flexible movements and athletic ball skills to be a cheat code as a pass-catcher. Although he lacks the body power to convincingly sustain or drive block, he is willing and competitive to contribute as a blocker, but he should be evaluated more as a weapon than a traditional tight end.

7. DeVonta Smith, WR2, Alabama (6-0, 172)

Despite a frail build and average stopwatch speed, Smith is natural in everything he does, finding space, finishing catches and not going down easy (he is tougher and more competitive than most 225-pound receivers). The Alabama coaches used him across the formation and routinely highlighted him as having the best hands on the team, accounting for only seven drops on 268 catchable targets in his career.

8. Jaylen Waddle, WR3, Alabama (5-10, 182)

With his natural speed and burst, Waddle is dangerous before and after the catch, showing the creativity, competitiveness and separation skills to stress defenses in different ways (responsible for four receptions of 75-plus yards in his career). While still a work-in-progress with several details of the position, he showed clear maturation with his route construction and ball skills in 2020.

Don't really disagree with his order either and I think you could make an argument for each as the best receiving weapon in this draft.