2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

The early 2nd round is a decent time to take an EDGE rusher, maybe sometime in the 4th, but outside of that. Yikes, incredibly lackluster.

Would be great if we could get one of Smith/Chase, a CB at 20/21 and then an edge at 37. At that early 3rd go BPA at LB or Safety.

• Like 1

Very happy to see Trevon Moehrig and Jabril Cox consistently mocked to us. If we can somehow end up with those two, Chase or Smith, and like Samuel Jr if we trade Wentz, I'd be stoked. 6) Chase/Smith, 20)/21) Samuel Jr./Moehrig, 38) Samuel Jr/Moehrig, 70) Cox, is like my dream draft.

13 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Very happy to see Trevon Moehrig and Jabril Cox consistently mocked to us. If we can somehow end up with those two, Chase or Smith, and like Samuel Jr if we trade Wentz, I'd be stoked. 6) Chase/Smith, 20)/21) Samuel Jr./Moehrig, 38) Samuel Jr/Moehrig, 70) Cox, is like my dream draft.

Slightly better options should be there at 20/21 for corner, but I'd be happy with them at that 2nd round pick.

Positionally it'd be awesome to hit on Wr / CB / LB / S in the first 70 picks if we have that extra pick.

Just now, Kiltman said:

Slightly better options should be there at 20/21, but I'd be happy with them at that 2nd round pick.

Positionally it'd be awesome to hit on Wr / CB / LB / S in the first 70 picks if we have that extra pick.

Was thinking the same thing about 20/21. Those are the four positions I really want to prioritize though. Wouldn't be mad about an EDGE either. IOL if you twist my arm hard enough.

If we somehow con a first for Wentz and Chase is gone. I would not hate it if it fell like this.

6. Surtain or Farley

20. Bateman

38. Moerhig or an EDGE or even Freiermouth if we just want to load up on offense. 

That would be awesome but knowing Howie we'll get like the 15th best WR, another DT and another cog in the QB factory that nobody wants. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If we somehow con a first for Wentz and Chase is gone. I would not hate it if it fell like this.

6. Surtain or Farley

20. Bateman

38. Moerhig or an EDGE or even Freiermouth if we just want to load up on offense. 

That would be awesome but knowing Howie we'll get like the 15th best WR, another DT and another cog in the QB factory that nobody wants. 

If that's how the board fell and Smith was gone too, I'd probably do a trade down because some QB would be there at #6
Doubtful the Lions would take a Corner so if we could move down to the Panthers or Broncos spot we could get one of those two CBs + something extra. Hard to say obviously without knowing how this QB market shakes out.

But can't be mad walking away with those guys.

21 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I don't really see it with Moehrig. Paris Ford definitely better, imo. I'd probably take Cisco over him too.

Paris Ford is Karl Joseph with much better instincts in coverage, and better hips. I'm surprised more of you don't like him a lot. He could be bigger and might only run 4.5, but that's his only negatives. Dude makes plays in the run and passing game.

I also have an affinity for Pitt Panthers. Guys from Pitt hit big time. Shady. Aaron Donald. Larry Fitz. Revis. Marino. Tyler Boyd is a top 5 slot WR. brian O'Niell was one of the better RT's in the NFL this year. Avonte Maddox sucks tho, but that's what we get for drafting a guy who never started outside in college.

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:
1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

would be great if we could get pick 20/21.

It looks like a great part of the draft, lots of ways they could go. 

I don't think we're getting the pick to begin with. We should probably focus on round 2 cb's, aka Greg Newsome II or bust.

Edited by Jeezla

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I think the chance of Ja'Marr Chase being available at #6 is about 35%

Sounds about right, maybe even a little optimistic.

Our best chance would be Lance and Fields light it up in pre-draft and go 3, 4. And then the Bengals go OT.