2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't think we're getting the pick to begin with. We should probably focus on round 2 cb's, aka Greg Newsome II or bust.

Yeah at this point I’m not feeling confident about it either.

Maybe a pick swap to move up there. Like a swap with our 2nd and a 2022 first. Essentially a 1st and a 3rd for Wentz with that.

10 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Sounds about right, maybe even a little optimistic.

Our best chance would be Lance and Fields light it up in pre-draft and go 3, 4. And then the Bengals go OT.

It's all about whether the Dolphins get a trade at 3. They are the most like likely to take Chase.

Falcons are a real interesting wild card at 4, value doesn't really line up with what they need the most. They could get their future QB, if they are trynna trade Julio they could take Chase or they could take Sewell and the the Bengals might be tempted to take Chase at that point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It's all about whether the Dolphins get a trade at 3. They are the most like likely to take Chase.

Falcons are a real interesting wild card at 4, value doesn't really line up with what they need the most. They could get their future QB, if they are trynna trade Julio they could take Chase or they could take Sewell and the the Bengals might be tempted to take Chase at that point. 

The best case scenario for us is that one of these EDGE prospects - Paye, Phillips or Roseau explode at the combine and someone ahead of us takes them or someone desperate for EDGE help moves up and takes them. 

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

The best case scenario for us is that one of these EDGE prospects - Paye, Phillips or Roseau explode at the combine and someone ahead of us takes them or someone desperate for EDGE help moves up and takes them. 

Any other top guys help, but would be quite the jump, no? Like are more than one of those guys going top 15 for most people now? It’s edge so I can see the rise happening.

Outside the QBs, another good bet would be like Slater showing well athletically.

16 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Any other top guys help, but would be quite the jump, no? Like are more than one of those guys going top 15 for most people now? It’s edge so I can see the rise happening.

Outside the QBs, another good bet would be like Slater showing well athletically.

Ferrell going way above the projection comes to mind. 

Also, Slater or AVT testing good should also help, given the need for offensive line all around the NFL. 

Edited by Scalamania

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Ferrell going way above the projection comes to mind. 

Also, Slater or AVT testing good should also help, given the need for offensive line all around the NFL. 

Yeah, Paye with his background will probably be romanticized by so me rebuilding team. I don't hate him as a player, just like not gonna take him at the top of this draft. Phillips' concussions probably keep him out of that draft process bump. 

Though now that I think of it if he does well it would potentially make the Broncos and Panthers' spots look more appealing to the Phins and Falcons. Like if they could get a bunch of picks and know that Waddle, one of the OTs or Paye would be there could help get one more QB to go in front of us.

Alim McNeill said his favorite player to watch is Fletcher Cox and said he models his game after him how he attacks and strikes and destroys linemen. Said that’s how he wanted his game to be and said he was able to get that some his junior year (this past Covid season) like throwing guys around but made sure to note how it wasn’t quite on Fletch’s level. Would love for Cox to mentor him and then pass the torch. He seems like a smart kid and you see his athleticism and explosiveness on the field. The potential is there for him to be really good. We likely gotta get rid of Malik Jackson with a post June 1st designation. Does that make DT a huge need? No. But, Cox is getting older and McNeill definitely has the upside to turn into a guy who would be on those first round redrafts they always do. I think it’s worth it if he’s on the board in the 3rd.

But, if McNeill is gone or we wanna wait a little later on maybe on day 3 to address DT we could look at this guy Milton Williams out of LA Tech. Fran was hyping him up on the Journey to the Draft podcast. He’s listed on their website at 278 Lbs, but Fran said he’s up to 290 now. He even said he reminds him a lot of Malik Jackson because of the versatility, first step quickness and powerful hands. Said that he’s one of the most interesting interior players in this class which has been crapped on for being a bad interior class.

8 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Alim McNeill said his favorite player to watch is Fletcher Cox and said he models his game after him how he attacks and strikes and destroys linemen. Said that’s how he wanted his game to be and said he was able to get that some his junior year (this past Covid season) like throwing guys around but made sure to note how it wasn’t quite on Fletch’s level. Would love for Cox to mentor him and then pass the torch. He seems like a smart kid and you see his athleticism and explosiveness on the field. The potential is there for him to be really good. We likely gotta get rid of Malik Jackson with a post June 1st designation. Does that make DT a huge need? No. But, Cox is getting older and McNeill definitely has the upside to turn into a guy who would be on those first round redrafts they always do. I think it’s worth it if he’s on the board in the 3rd.

Have a professed my love for McNeil on here yet? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If Chase is gone. I think I might be onboard with taking Pitts. Guy isn’t just a tight end. He’s just an offensive monster. 

If Chase is gone, I’ve been open to it.

Take BPA, we might be the best place for Pitts coaching staff wise. 

38 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If Chase is gone. I think I might be onboard with taking Pitts. Guy isn’t just a tight end. He’s just an offensive monster. 

Pitts will probably be the best player on the board at 6. Drafting a TE that high is worrisome though with Goedert on the team... but Pitts is going to be a monster. 

9 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Pitts will probably be the best player on the board at 6. Drafting a TE that high is worrisome though with Goedert on the team... but Pitts is going to be a monster. 

But he’s not a true TE. He’s an offensive weapon with an elite skill set. Is there anything this team needs more than that?