2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'd be cool with Surtain or Farley at 6 as well. Could probably trade down a few for at least one of them. Trade down for Waddle would be fine too. Additionally, I'm not that against taking one of the QBs (Fields, Wilson, Lance) at any point really. I think Hurts has some promise and deserves a fair shot, but I'm always intrigued by a new face of the franchise.

I don't know enough about Farley but Surtain is intriguing with a trade down. I'm big on Fields and Wilson(someone here put me on to him)..  but I also wanna give Hurts a real shot with a Stud WR this year. Waddle is cool with a trade down also imo. I'd be upset at 6 taking him due to value only

23 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

As a WR, what are Pitts elite traits? Speed? Nope. Route running? Nope. He's a gret TE prospect, but I don't love him as a WR, unless we're tossing up jump balls left and right. I dunno. I'm conflicted with him, because there is no real comparison besides maybe Claypool, but Claypool is probably 2" shorter and a lot faster. Maybe a slower Vincent Jackson, rip.

I think the staff would be pretty good for the same reason we'd be good for Chase. Lots of attention and experience on this staff with the wideouts. If you can really push either one to develop their routes and footwork more, they could be great pieces of the team for 8+ years. They have looked great without it in college, with that both would be hard to erase as a defense. 

Would prefer Chase if we get the choice, but Pitts is a fine fallback if we have to make the pick.
Best case for Pitts to me would be Panthers love Lance and outbid the Broncos to swap with us and we get him at #8 + at least a 3rd rounder or a player in return.

1 minute ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I don't know enough about Farley but Surtain is intriguing with a trade down. I'm big on Fields and Wilson(someone here put me on to him)..  but I also wanna give Hurts a real shot with a Stud WR this year. Waddle is cool with a trade down also imo. I'd be upset at 6 taking him due to value only

I like Farley and Surtain, but yeah they both fell a bit after you watch them enough.
I think both will be solid players, but #6 is a gamble with better players and value on the board.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Yeah I wanna give Hurts a shot but man, I feel like these QB prospects will be far superior to the ones next year, and who knows maybe for a while. Just feel like we need to maybe get one if we really love him. Wilson, Fields or Lance.

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah I wanna give Hurts a shot but man, I feel like these QB prospects will be far superior to the ones next year, and who knows maybe for a while. Just feel like we need to maybe get one if we really love him. Wilson, Fields or Lance.

I agree with the QB prospects too in the future years but there's always guys that come out of nowhere. Not that we should be banking on that though. 

Lance looks great but scared to double dip at north Dakota. No reason outside of that though. Feel like we got lucky going that route the first time. Ignoring last year and the previous injuries ofc. Outside of those two Wentz looked great. Can we really get lucky twice? 

10 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

The QB prospects next year are fine. People say the same thing every year and there's always an abundance of quarterbacks available the following year. 

Next year you have - Rattler, Howell, Slovis, Daniels x2, Ridder - then you have the guys that could make the jump in Corral, Jurkeovec, Jones, Purdy, Crum and Strong.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Trevor Lawrence is really good but other than him you can find similar level QBs in every draft. 

20 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I'm probably the only person that isn't convinced Trevor Lawrence will be great

He has tools but I have to see how he's utilized in Jax. I envision a PA heavy system with Darrell Bevell. 

I'm convinced he's a great prospect, but I'm never convinced any QB will be automatically become great.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

#6, Ertz, Colts 2nd round pick from Wentz trade, Derek Barnett. Would that be enough for #2 (Zach Wilson)? Would you hate it? Would the Jets laugh at the offer?

Not really up on Wilson too much.

I'd probably say no just because of how bad the team is.

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

#6, Ertz, Colts 2nd round pick from Wentz trade, Derek Barnett. Would that be enough for #2 (Zach Wilson)? Would you hate it? Would the Jets laugh at the offer?

I don't think it's terrible, probably need some more even normally, but the QB premium there kinda raises the price.