2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

He was an awesome route runner. He was making people look silly as a rookie.
Every year Hopkins has 1000 yards he also had over 125 targets. You wouldnt want hopkins?
jerry Rice never went over 1000 yards without at least 125 targets either

Exactly my point, is that what Sirianni needs for his offense? One WR getting 125 targets? 

And cmon the Rice stats were a different era + they weren’t tracking targets until he was already 30 yrs old. Late 80s he avg 18y/catch GOAT

18 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think we should take two corners with 2 of our top 5 picks. Need one to definitely stick since Slay is here only 2 more years maximum. We have zero young CBs worthy of even being slightly considered for the future.

I would even be mad if we went CB/CB in rounds 2/3. 

Are we knocking guys for getting large targets?

Looking over the stats of some of the best players in the league 125 targets really isn't ridiculous. Saying "you only look good because you get targeted a lot" is kind of dumb when factoring in 40 times or not.

Justin Jefferson saw 125 targets this year.

Keenan Allen saw 147.

Stefon Diggs saw 166.

Three very different receivers. When you're good, you get targeted. 

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Exactly my point, is that what Sirianni needs for his offense? One WR getting 125 targets? 

And cmon the Rice stats were a different era + they weren’t tracking targets until he was already 30 yrs old. Late 80s he avg 18y/catch GOAT

Have you seen the rest of this WR corps? If they added Chase, I'd be like "throw to that guy and the TE and the rest of those hacks are there just in case" 

13 hours ago, Jlash said:

Are we knocking guys for getting large targets?

Looking over the stats of some of the best players in the league 125 targets really isn't ridiculous. Saying "you only look good because you get targeted a lot" is kind of dumb when factoring in 40 times or not.

Justin Jefferson saw 125 targets this year.

Keenan Allen saw 147.

Stefon Diggs saw 166.

Three very different receivers. When you're good, you get targeted. 

Nobody was, wrong argument

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

i eventually start trading back up when offered but even then I somehow make like 15 selections

Been doing the double dip of trading with the Panthers or Broncos, and then trading with the Niners, Pats or Bears all coming up for QBs. 

Usually can get one of the corners at #12/#15, Parsons, or that starts the area where Howie can reach on an edge.
Plus a ton of picks.

15 Parsons LB

37 Asante Samuel Jr CB

69 Jabril Cox LB

Future picks acquired NE 1st, and 3 3rds from other teams. We'd have tons of ammo to go get our QB next year if Hurts sucks

I don't know many people outside of the top 100 so my other picks probably sucked bad. Doubt we'd take two LBs but I didn't like anyone that was left at 69. 

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh