2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

13 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

What mid-late round QB do you guys want if we dont try to upgrade early? I wouldn't mind a Kellen Mond in round 5. 

Mond seems like the go to guy, yeah. He did well at the Senior Bowl right? Might have to get him in the 4th somehow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

15 Parsons LB

37 Asante Samuel Jr CB

69 Jabril Cox LB

Future picks acquired NE 1st, and 3 3rds from other teams. We'd have tons of ammo to go get our QB next year if Hurts sucks

I don't know many people outside of the top 100 so my other picks probably sucked bad. Doubt we'd take two LBs but I didn't like anyone that was left at 69. 

I know Howie has botched the draft a lot, but I really do believe that he will put us in a position to find that franchise QB. There will be contingency plans for every scenario IMO. If we roll with Hurts and he balls out surrounded by resources we would've normally spent on a QB, it's his team. If we roll with Hurts and he sucks, Howie will move Heaven and earth to get a top QB prospect next year. If he doesn't believe in Hurts at all, we'll pick one at 6 or move up this year. Either way, he's obsessed with finding that long term guy and I trust that he'll exhaust all options to find him. I do trust in Howie to pursue and clamp down that next guy.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I wonder if I'm down on Fields because the only Ohio St games I saw last year were his 3 worst and the clemson game.

That could be a reason. I think he'll be a good QB in the NFL. Can make all the throws , has a cannon and pretty damn tough. That clemson game was an example of when it all clicks. The alabama game Sermon got knocked out on the first snap , Fields was really feeling his previous injury , and Bama just were flat out better in every phase. I can't speak on the other games because I'm not sure which you're talking about. 

Fields has been a guy I fell in love with since that netflix show way before OSU. Kid just draws you in. He'd fit in perfect here. 

1 minute ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

That could be a reason. I think he'll be a good QB in the NFL. Can make all the throws , has a cannon and pretty damn tough. That clemson game was an example of when it all clicks. The alabama game Sermon got knocked out on the first snap , Fields was really feeling his previous injury , and Bama just were flat out better in every phase. I can't speak on the other games because I'm not sure which you're talking about. 

Fields has been a guy I fell in love with since that netflix show way before OSU. Kid just draws you in. He'd fit in perfect here. 

He had some clunkers against northwestern and indiana too.

10 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

QB1

Thanks, I'll check it out.

I'm not out on taking one of these guys, just want to make sure it's worth it and they are the right dude.
I do like that Fields and Lance have boom potential.
I'd rather just chill with Hurts for a year than buy on the wrong guy. Would rather just build out the team.

My one worry is because of COVID they aren't going to able to do quite as much background work and get as much intel on them as they might in other years. 

How can we make sure to not repeat the same mistakes they did with Carson?

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Thanks, I'll check it out.

I'm not out on taking one of these guys, just want to make sure it's worth it and they are the right dude.
I do like that Fields and Lance have boom potential.
I'd rather just chill with Hurts for a year than buy on the wrong guy. Would rather just build out the team.

My one worry is because of COVID they aren't going to able to do quite as much background work and get as much intel on them as they might in other years. 

How can we make sure to not repeat the same mistakes they did with Carson?

When making our selection, we can't go into it assuming everybody has the weak mental makeup of a Carson Wentz. I'm literally cool with drafting any of Wilson, Fields, Lance or rolling with Hurts alone. I just want an answer at QB. We need to figure this out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

When making our selection, we can't go into it assuming everybody has the weak mental makeup of a Carson Wentz. I'm literally cool with drafting any of Wilson, Fields, Lance or rolling with Hurts alone. I just want an answer at QB. We need to figure this out.

I dont think howie drafts a small school QB ever again so I think Lance is off the table.

6 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I dont think howie drafts a small school QB ever again so I think Lance is off the table.

Imagine dumping Wentz then taking a kid from the same exact small school to take his place? Media heads would need to bring spare pants to work.

6 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

QB1 was really cool on netflix. Rattler was on it too. One of Next year's possible top qb too. 

Yeah prob my favorite show on Netflix. Rattler really rubbed me the wrong way on there. Cocky bad attitude IMO. Actively rooted against him this past season lol