Saints sign Jameis Winston

11sanchez11

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I mean I think it's very possible he is better than last year based on the fact that he got his eyes fixed as well.

So...only 29 picks if he's starting?  ;)

Good move by the Saints but I will be very surprised if he's ever more than a backup or desperation move by another team. As someone else said, 5 yrs in and he still makes so many dumb moves/throws.

36 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So... this season? xD

Taysom is a special player with a unique skill set. I think you’re really underselling him here.

36 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

His draft position shouldn't matter. PSU used Stevens the same way you guys use Hill (with less Wing T formations).

My point was if he’s a good enough player to come in and replace what Taysom right away, I don’t think he falls to the 7th.

Using a player the same way as another doesn’t mean they’ll do it as well.

• Like 2

lot of fragile QB teams this season.

I think I'd rather have Jameis sitting in the barn then have to trade midseason(while in contention) for someone possibly worse. 

pretty low risk; unless we're worried about Fitzmagic occurring 

19 minutes ago, Dome said:

Taysom is a special player with a unique skill set. I think you’re really underselling him here.

My point was if he’s a good enough player to come in and replace what Taysom right away, I don’t think he falls to the 7th.

Using a player the same way as another doesn’t mean they’ll do it as well.

I would add current Taysom compared with 2 years ago Taysom is night and day difference. He has significantly improved in several areas of his game with receiving being the biggest aspect he's improved upon. I don't expect Stevens to be able to jump right in and do the things Hill does, but he's got similar athletic traits and hopefully like Hill we can develop him as a our gadget player for the future even if he isn't quite as good

19 minutes ago, Drained said:

Should be noted Jameis took less money at the Saints and had offers from other teams

Should be noted Jameis agent made sure everybody knew he took less money with the Saints than the imaginary offers from other teams as part of maintaining the illusion that he had some control over his destiny. Calling it a smart choice was icing on the cake as his agent aims to remake his image from a guy who makes dumbass decisions. Pretty typical press release and super nice of Ian Rapoport to help out, I'm sure his back will be properly scratched too

At the end of the day, the former 1st overall pick in the draft took a small deal to be the 3rd string QB behind Brees and Hill.
The rest is just fluffery.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Should be noted Jameis agent made sure everybody knew he took less money with the Saints than the imaginary offers from other teams as part of maintaining the illusion that he had some control over his destiny. Calling it a smart choice was icing on the cake as his agent aims to remake his image from a guy who makes dumbass decisions. Pretty typical press release and super nice of Ian Rapoport to help out, I'm sure his back will be properly scratched too

At the end of the day, the former 1st overall pick in the draft took a small deal to be the 3rd string QB behind Brees and Hill.

highly doubt hes the third stringer here

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Winston will backup Brees. 

• Like 1