Post Draft Big Picture Bears Thoughts

dll2000

You watch that game and you think how could you ever pay Dak top dollar?  He had some nice throws, but he had some awful ones.

A lot like MT really in that sense.  

When Dak has good protection, he is good.  When bad protection he looks awful.  

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

You watch that game and you think how could you ever pay Dak top dollar?  He had some nice throws, but he had some awful ones.

A lot like MT really in that sense.  

When Dak has good protection, he is good.  When bad protection he looks awful.  

65% 4900 yards, 30 TDs, 11 INTs

That is hard to find, even with good supporting talent.

Just now, WindyCity said:

65% 4900 yards, 30 TDs, 11 INTs

That is hard to find, even with good supporting talent.

Yeah, but when you actually watch the games it tells a different story.  Ones I have watched anyway.  

One of those cases when stats can be a bit misleading.  Not saying it is all garbage, but the actual play doesn’t seem to match the numbers.  

I guess when and how you make the throws and score the TDs matters.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Yeah, but when you actually watch the games it tells a different story.  Ones I have watched anyway.  

One of those cases when stats can be a bit misleading.  Not saying it is all garbage, but the actual play doesn’t seem to match the numbers.  

I guess when and how you make the throws and score the TDs matters.  

Ehh, he's good, he's just not really, really good. He's gonna get paid like he's really, really good because QBs kind of hold the owners hostage, money-wise.

I was wrong about Dak. There were some pretty troubling signs the season before last, and it looked to me like he was going to crash and burn. He came back and was pretty solid, though. (Solid, not spectacular.) 

2 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I have a new criteria for QBs. If I can watch their games and look at their stats and after 3+ years be able to logically argue that they're both good and not good, they're not good.  

I mean take just two throws.  One was like 50 yards, but it should have been 70 and a TD. One should have been 40 and a TD, but was an INT.

So he 1-2 for 50 yards and an INT, not horrible on a box score.  

But they didn’t score on either occasion and they left 14 points off the board.  And momentum of game totally swings and they get blown out.  The -14 is the stat that doesn’t get recorded in history.  You have to watch the game to see the true effect of it.  

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I mean take just two throws.  One was like 50 yards, but it should have been 70 and a TD. One should have been 40 and a TD, but was an INT.

So he 1-2 for 50 yards and an INT, not horrible on a box score.  

But they didn’t score on either occasion and they left 14 points off the board.  And momentum of game totally swings and they get blown out.  The -14 is the stat that doesn’t get recorded in history.  You have to watch the game to see the true effect of it.  

Rodgers played really good in the game.  I have to give it to him.  Really good.  And I think he has been overrated of late.  

Edited by dll2000
typo

41 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Ehh, he's good, he's just not really, really good. He's gonna get paid like he's really, really good because QBs kind of hold the owners hostage, money-wise.

I was wrong about Dak. There were some pretty troubling signs the season before last, and it looked to me like he was going to crash and burn. He came back and was pretty solid, though. (Solid, not spectacular.) 

I agree. I would've leaned toward perhaps dealing him if I were Dallas because imo he's not worth close to $35-$40M a year, but hey, good (not great) QB's are hard to find so I also get their stance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Bears are getting hammered on record predictions from media.   People say it is trolling for Bears fan reaction, but I don't know.  Seems to be a consensus.

I remember last year Sports Illustrated came out with a 7-9 prediction for the Bears and so many of us thought that was ludicrous.  Turns out at 8-8 they weren't that far off.

On 5/14/2020 at 2:05 PM, beardown3231 said:

Metrics say the Bears are due for another down year, even worse than last, but with this defense I cannot see them winning 3 games. At worst I can see them going 5-11

Even for a 5-11 we would have to have 5 or 6 critical losses. I'm talking Mack. Hicks. Fuller, ARob, Quinn, Foles and Jackson.

We would need to have an Arians/Martz kind of passing attack to be held on Trus shoulders. That should ensure mediocrity. Lol