Post Draft Big Picture Bears Thoughts

dll2000

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I have a difficult time understanding the willingness to give Winston the chance to prove that the past SIX YEARS of league high turnover volume can be corrected while the desire to let Mitch show that he can right the ship after his downturn in 2019 is nearly non-existent. How is Winston all of a sudden becoming not a **** QB at this point any more likely than that Mitch does? 

He is still a **** QB, he is just a **** QB who can put points on the board. I believe Mitch is a **** QB who cant. Lol. 

I don't want either on the Bears in 2021

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

He is still a **** QB, he is just a **** QB who can put points on the board. I believe Mitch is a **** QB who cant. Lol. 

Exciting, but not necessarily better. At least it’d be fun! 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Exciting, but not necessarily better. At least it’d be fun! 🤷‍♂️

Crab legs here probably aren’t as good as they are in Florida, so at least we wouldn’t have to worry about that happening here.

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Exactly. I'll root for Mitch. I wouldn't be sad seeing Leno let a free rusher nail Jameis.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Say what you want about Winston, he crosses the goal line.  Like a baseball player who is a great hitter, but can’t field.  (Imagine no DH)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Say what you want about Winston, he crosses the goal line.  Like a baseball player who is a great hitter, but can’t field.  (Imagine no DH)

He does, but unlike a great hitter who can’t field he also does things that put points on the board for the other team. More so than any other QB in the league.

Average starting QBs in the league make $15-20M per year or more. Hell, solid backup QBs make $5M or so. Winston just took a deal with a $1M base to probably not see the field at all after sitting unsigned for a month and a half, while teams with no established starter not only didn’t show FA interest but also brought in some really average other FA QBs to compete. NE specifically is rolling with Stidham (who has never played) and Brian Hoyer instead of signing Winston for a shot at his “upside” while bolstering a similarly strong defense to ours, and Belichick is considered one of the best if not the best ever at assessing and maximizing talent. All of that tells me the league believes that Jameis under center is perceived to be a significant net negative for the team. His track record supports that and his W/L record supports that.

On 4/28/2020 at 4:37 PM, beardown3231 said:

You're on a message board. People disagree. You don't need to take it so personal every single argument. 

I'm not taking anything personally.  This place could dry up and blow away tomorrow and I wouldn't lose sleep over it.  I contribute content and opinions like anyone else, no more no less.  But I do have my limits as far as responding to posts that insult my intelligence, track off topic, or are being re-framed to alter a debate.  On that I draw a line even if you can't see it, which is no surprise to anyone at all.

And as for you, you are by far the dumbest know little but post a lot MF on this entire board.  I won't debate you any longer because it's a useless waste of time so stop quoting me and go your own way as I've gone mine. Keep doing it and I will report every single response.

Oh.....and by the way, don't take what I've said about you personally OK?  9_9

26 minutes ago, soulman said:

I'm not taking anything personally.  This place could dry up and blow away tomorrow and I wouldn't lose sleep over it.  I contribute content and opinions like anyone else, no more no less.  But I do have my limits as far as responding to posts that insult my intelligence, track off topic, or are being re-framed to alter a debate.  On that I draw a line even if you can't see it, which is no surprise to anyone at all.

And as for you, you are by far the dumbest know little but post a lot MF on this entire board.  I won't debate you any longer because it's a useless waste of time so stop quoting me and go your own way as I've gone mine. Keep doing it and I will report every single response.

You are taking it personal. Both of you have a side of an argument that makes sense and instead of saying something... normal... like "agree to disagree" you start getting upset. I'm not sure if you were on a message board before when everyone bowed down to your thoughts, but as you now know, that isn't how it is here. We all have big egos and strong opinions geared toward 1 common goal. You fail to realize that.

It took you a few days to respond and that's what you come up with as a shot at me? Color me shocked.

@CBears019

Want to get this lunatic off of the board now? We got warnings last time, I attempted to be civil, and now I get this?

Edited by beardown3231

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

He does, but unlike a great hitter who can’t field he also does things that put points on the board for the other team.

Thats kind of what I meant by can't field.

If you drop a fly ball in outfield and runners score as a result ... its comparable to a QB throwing picks or fumbling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soulman said:

@soulman you’re getting a warning for this.  That kind of language is absolutely unacceptable here.

@beardown3231 you need to stop discussing other posters in threads.  If you have an issue with one, PM me or @Madmike90.

BOTH of you need to leave each other alone.  It’s clear the two of you don’t like each other and just can’t get along.  Use the ignore function, seriously.  Drop the egos and go your separate ways.  If you must address one another, hash it out over PM.  Keep the trash out of the threads.

Any further discussion of this matter can be had via PM.

• Like 3