Jump to content
Skippy

Run, run, pass, punt, are we headed back to this Bart Starr coaching philosophy of the 80's?

Recommended Posts

On 4/26/2020 at 4:41 PM, Leader said:

So that means some club is gonna trade for AR (and take on his contract) heading in to the 2022 season when his cap hit would be 39.8M?
Not many organizations are (either) able or willing to put out that kind of cash. Possible? Yes. Likely? Less so IMO.

His cap hit would be $25.5M that year for a team acquiring him.  The team who trades the player keeps the signing bonus (and in this case the restructured salary) on their books.  IF they're getting similar production from Rodgers 2 years from now, that's probably a below-market deal tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

His cap hit would be $25.5M that year for a team acquiring him.  The team who trades the player keeps the signing bonus (and in this case the restructured salary) on their books.  IF they're getting similar production from Rodgers 2 years from now, that's probably a below-market deal tbh.

Does this sound more likely cause this is where my heads at currently.....

I think it less likely GB moves on from AR by trading him - because of the cap ramifications for the team picking him up - rather than simply releasing him and letting him renegotiate his deal.

Pro? Con? Stupid?

Wait.....I think you just answered my question. Duh.

Edited by Leader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leader said:

Does this sound more likely cause this is where my heads at currently.....

I think it less likely GB moves on from AR by trading him - because of the cap ramifications for the team picking him up - rather than simply releasing him and letting him renegotiate his deal.

Pro? Con? Stupid?

6 QBs currently have cap hits of $25M+ this year.  Next year, there are 12 that are projected to have $25M+ cap hits and that doens't even include Dak Prescott who is currently set to play on the franchise tag.  In 2022, 11 are projected to have cap hits of $25M+ not including Dak Prescott or any other former early draft pick who hasn't been extended yet.  $25M is going to be roughly the going rate of an average QB.  If Rodgers is in that 8-12 range of QBs, he'll have plenty of value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

6 QBs currently have cap hits of $25M+ this year.  Next year, there are 12 that are projected to have $25M+ cap hits and that doens't even include Dak Prescott who is currently set to play on the franchise tag.  In 2022, 11 are projected to have cap hits of $25M+ not including Dak Prescott or any other former early draft pick who hasn't been extended yet.  $25M is going to be roughly the going rate of an average QB.  If Rodgers is in that 8-12 range of QBs, he'll have plenty of value.

Thanks for the data.
I'd edited my initial comment.....alluding to your already pointing that out...but it was after you'd begun this mssg.
So trading AR is a viable option....should he maintain his productivity. Thanks. All options are open.

Btw...this is why you're my Russ Ball on these boards :)

Edited by Leader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been reading that Love might be apart of some special packages with Aaron on and some not on the field. I guess Taysom Hill's name got thrown around as an example on how Jordon may be utilized. Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I've been reading that Love might be apart of some special packages with Aaron on and some not on the field. I guess Taysom Hill's name got thrown around as an example on how Jordon may be utilized. Thoughts?

That whoever wrote what you're reading is a genuine moron?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

That whoever wrote what you're reading is a genuine moron?

It wasn't you was it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skippy said:

I've been reading that Love might be apart of some special packages with Aaron on and some not on the field. I guess Taysom Hill's name got thrown around as an example on how Jordon may be utilized. Thoughts?

You haven't been reading that other than in the context where it says  "Jordan Love won't be used in any sort of special packages on the field."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t think Jordan Love is on the Hill athleticism spectrum, is he?  Hill is expendable.  Love is not.  Hill ran a 4.44 40 yard dash and is not normal as a QB.  He’s closer athletically to Rodgers than Hill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Don’t think Jordan Love is on the Hill athleticism spectrum, is he?  Hill is expendable.  Love is not.  Hill ran a 4.44 40 yard dash and is not normal as a QB.  He’s closer athletically to Rodgers than Hill.

I don't believe, with all the press and adulation he gets, that Taysom Hill has ever thrown a TD pass in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I don't believe, with all the press and adulation he gets, that Taysom Hill has ever thrown a TD pass in the NFL.

Lol.  That's what's funny about it.  The Saints are stroking his ego saying he's a franchise QB, blah blah blah.  Packer fans are upset we let him go. 

They're acting like he's got 10 touchdowns for 1,000 yards on 9 passes. 

In reality, he's 6/13 for 119 yards with 0 touchdowns and 1 interception.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  That's what's funny about it.  The Saints are stroking his ego saying he's a franchise QB, blah blah blah.  Packer fans are upset we let him go. 

They're acting like he's got 10 touchdowns for 1,000 yards on 9 passes. 

In reality, he's 6/13 for 119 yards with 0 touchdowns and 1 interception.

 

For reference.....

My boy LT was 8/12 for 143 with 7 TDs and 0 INTs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Skippy said:

I've been reading that Love might be apart of some special packages with Aaron on and some not on the field. I guess Taysom Hill's name got thrown around as an example on how Jordon may be utilized. Thoughts?

I heard Jalen Hurts. I think it's all Bowl Schidt...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Joe said:

I heard Jalen Hurts. I think it's all Bowl Schidt...

If he's our qb of the future I'd hope we don't involve him in too many packages that could potentially sideline him down the road. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone from the organization is saying that it’s 100% to make teams waste practice time on some package we have no intention of using, or installing for that matter.
 

The only time Love sees the field is when we’re up 30 points heading into the two minute warning. So 14 times next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×