Browns Draft: If I Were in Charge

FGK

5 hours ago, Horseunit said:

Anyone get the feeling that Winfield will have a similar career to Bob Sanders?  Both are about the same size and play a similar style.  Sanders spent much of his career injured.

To say nothing of the fact how is he going to guard 6feet 4 inch wide receivers and tight end.

Every team calculates their needs into their draft board, obviously it's all weighted according to whoever but need is a part of it just like skill and athletic ability. I wouldn't use a 2nd round pick on a RB with this roster either, if it was too good of a value to pass up someone would trade up for that pick. It isn't even like you can get good value in a trade for a known good RB so you're probably not ever going to get return value at that position. In other words I pretty much agree with Brownie.

I would have drafted Winfield because his daddy was one of my favorite all time players. That isn't a good reason to draft anyone but that is my reasoning.

I don't know enough about prospects to play this game so my game would allow me to make trades. I would trade Baker and #10 for #1 and #33. I'd draft Burrow. I would then trade Garrett for #2 and draft Chase Young. Then I'd trade Ward for #3 and draft Okudah. Then I'd trade next years 1st and #42 or whatever we had for #4 and draft Andrew Thomas. Then I'd pick Winfield at #33. Then I'd trade the rest of my picks for future picks a round earlier.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If you just want to tell everyone your opinion on the subject you can just make the point initially.

You don’t have to pose a question just to do so.

Hadn't really thought it through until after I saw the milktoast.;)

Man people are gonna end up feeling silly when Delpit is a beast for us. I liked Winfield too, but I like Delpit’s ceiling and injury history a lot more. What you gain in solidness from Winfield is made up for by Delpit’s freaky athleticism. He’s a stud in coverage and is much more adept to being someone that can roll down and cover a TE or slot WR. Winfield is pretty bad in man coverage. 

• Like 4