Predict the Final 53: The Far Too Early Version

RpMc

1 minute ago, Cearbhall said:

Will it be Nickerson filling out the LB group? Some guy that is yet to join the team?

It wouldn’t surprise me. With Gedeon and Smith out, Nickerson is about the only reserve LBer with and special teams experience.

However, they added Reese to the process fairly late. It also wouldn’t shock me if he makes the initial 53 as they get a longer look at him, then make a move accordingly. 

He already signed with the Giants for one year $5 million a year, but would love to have had Logan Ryan for the amount since we reduced Reiff's salary by that exact amount.   He is a damn good corner and would easily start over Hill I would think.  Hopefully Gladney or Dantzler can take Hills spot and become the starter but will see.  I assume they want Gladney in the slot potentially though, or Mike Hughes could do it if another can move outside.  

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

That WR core for the Vikings look so so if Bisi is the #2 WR.  Jefferson is good in the slot and so is Thielen.  So where will the deep threat come from, maybe if Osborn can show some deep threat splash.  Maybe if Hollins has greatly developed off last year or ideally Sharpe.  Will see what happens, on paper does not look great especially if Thielen goes down again with injury.  Quartney Davis might be very needed on the PS if he can even clear it and Osborn not only on special teams but as a big play threat offensively.  Makes Cook that much more important because take his big play ability out of the offense they could be lacking a lot of explosive ability.  

And oddly enough apparently Browning and Stanley could be cut, I assume Stanley could make the PS but left again with a crap backup in Mannion that really provides no long term potential or future as a player.  With the injuries at LB Dye should easily make the team and will be needed.  Hope they do not cut James Lynch but maybe he could clear to the PS and have some time to develop.  

If Dozier and Elflein start at OG to me it still seems very odd to have Cleveland, Udoh and Hill all sitting on the bench.  Good but also a waste of talent because Elflein for sure should not be out there but maybe Cleveland cannot transition to guard that easily.   Would be great if Dozier can do it but honestly I would rather have Dozier and Samia than Dozier and Elflein at guard.  At least they have options and depth I guess.  Curious if Reiff is the starter if they would play other guys throughout the game based on play alone, not have an all game starter at tackle but would not want to make O'Neill move from side to side.  Not sure Reiff could be a RT either.  

1 hour ago, RpMc said:

The lack of camp reports, and of course pre-season action, on guys like Harrison Hand, Nevelle Clarke, and Myles Dorn make those last few DB spots really hard to pin down.

By all accounts and reports we have gotten, it sounds like Clarke has had a pretty good camp. 

Guess we can use this as the cutdown day / practice squad thread.

Rookie 6th round pick Josh Metellus cut, no mention of a PS offer: 

Jake Browning cut, offered a PS spot. Probably means Nate Stanley is done: 

UDFA center Jake Lacina waived, expected to go to the PS: 

1 minute ago, Krauser said:

Probably means Nate Stanley is done: 

Nope, they want 2 QBs on the PS: 

And 2 centers to go with those QBs: 

And UDFA "receiver" / track star / safety (briefly) Dan Chisena does have a path to the roster. I had him in my final 53: 

Chisena must have been taking masters level courses from Marcus Sherels. 

Likely means a surprise cut of either Sharpe/Hollins?

Thielen, Johnson, Jefferson, Osborn, Chisena, Sharpe/Hollins

Edited by RpMc

4 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Chisena must have been taking masters level courses from Marcus Sherels. 

Likely means a surprise cut of either Sharpe/Hollins?

Thielen, Johnson, Jefferson, Osborn, Chisena, Sharpe/Hollins

Yeah I think Kubiak just wants 4 actual receivers (which was his point in the misconstrued quote about "4 starting WRs"). 

Hollins vs Sharpe vs Beebe for WR4, Osborn and apparently now Chisena as special teams players who won't get used much if at all on offense.

Hopefully it's Hollins. 

Brandon Dillon was Mr Mankato last year and looked like he might end up ahead of Conklin on the depth chart. But he had a bad camp this year and is heading back to the PS: 

Their other depth TE was waived too, leaving the same top 3 TEs as last year: 

Zimmer doesn't like any of the backup safeties. I guess these means Nate Meadors is S3?

I wonder if they’re already talking to the vets who were released within the last couple of days (Randall, Clinton-Dix, et al)

would have been nice to flip a 5th to the Jags for Harrison. 

Edited by RpMc