Predict the Final 53: The Far Too Early Version

RpMc

14 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Obviously the team isn’t done making moves to their 53-man roster. It’ll be interesting to see who the odd men out are going to be. 

Do the Vikings risk exposing a guy like Lynch to waivers today, now that most teams have their rosters and practice squads set? Or do they let a vet like Holmes or Yarbrough? Six DEs does seem a bit excessive. 

Or do we see vet role players like Abdullah and/or Sharpe get cut today?

I'd hate to see The Vikings lose James Lynch to a waiver claim.  So far, no Viking cuts have been claimed.  I haven't seen his name as a cut.  And I haven't seen his name in the 53 man roster list.  So, where will he be?  If I were a team with weak depth I'd grab him for help down the road.  I'd like to see him make it safely to the practice squad IF he's not going to make the 53-man roster.  How can The Vikings keep him?

Edited by Robb_K

58 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

I'd hate to see The Vikings lose James Lynch to a waiver claim.  So far, no Viking cuts have been claimed.  I haven't seen his name as a cut.  And I haven't seen his name in the 53 man roster list.  So, where will he be?  If I were a team with weak depth I'd grab him for help down the road.  I'd like to see him make it safely to the practice squad IF he's not going to make the 53-man roster.  How can The Vikings keep him?

Lynch is on the roster. They kept 11 DL, at least for the time being. 

They might have to cut one of them if they add depth at safety, but I think that’s more likely to be Holmes or Yarbrough, not Lynch. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Krauser said:

Lynch is on the roster. They kept 11 DL, at least for the time being. 

They might have to cut one of them if they add depth at safety, but I think that’s more likely to be Holmes or Yarbrough, not Lynch. 

Thanks.  Somehow I saw the list when it only had 10 DL on it, and thought it was the complete 53.  No way they'd keep Holmes or Yarbrough for current backup readiness at the expense of losing Lynch's upside potential.