The Defense

MKnight82

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Zack Brown is the best thing to happen to this defense in years. The Bills are extremely dumb. 

It's debatable vs Brown & Swearinger. Swearinger is the one making the calls for the secondary and seems to be the heart and soul of the team even though he just got here. He's the captain for a reason.

As for Brown heck, even the Titans look dumb for not re-signing him 3 years ago.

8 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Daddy like...

I love how they're both playing together. Allen has been taking on mostly double teams - so it's impressive he's #2 in QB pressures  - Ioannidis has been playing out of his mind this year's and dominating his one on one match ups.

15 hours ago, Woz said:

Note to the Redskins front office: go hire their defensive talent scouts.

Why? Because they did what our defensive scouts/coaches did?

Both Fletcher & Brown were free agent signings by the Bills just as they were both free agent signings by the Redskins after their time with the Bills.

I think we've done well with building our defense through the draft since Shanahan has been gone.

16 hours ago, Woz said:

If you aren't running a 3-4, this is correct.

We only run a 3-4 about 30% of the time and we've been doing well when we have a 3 man line in at stopping the run. That's a huge difference between this year and the previous 2 years. 

Also a big difference has been the play of Allen and Ioannidis and others when we are in our 4 man DL. They have been playing better against the run as well.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Also a big difference has been the play of Allen and Ioannidis and others when we are in our 4 man DL. They have been playing better against the run as well.

Cheaper, better against the run, playing more snaps in the formation that we play more of the game.

Yep, makes sense to keep planning our free agent/draft picks for a 3 man front. :S Oy.

39 minutes ago, Woz said:

Cheaper, better against the run, playing more snaps in the formation that we play more of the game.

Yep, makes sense to keep planning our free agent/draft picks for a 3 man front. :S Oy.

It's a rotation woz. I don't think Allen & Ioannidis would be as effective as pass rushers if they had to play as much on run downs. Having them not play as much on 1st downs and short yardage means they are more fresh to play in the nickle package.

Can't we just be excited that our defense is working and playing well rather than continuing to have this dumb scheme argument?

I'm happy we actually have the talent to have a good defense, which is something we've lacked since 2011.

Hopefully our players continue to play as well and this means that DL won't be the biggest need next offseason which would be the first time that's been the case since 2012.

Archived