Day 3 Steals

Scoundrel

19 minutes ago, Danger said:

I thought he was being overvalued by most sites. 3rd round was incredibly too high for him. He's a good route runner, but other than that, he's just a guy.

Anyone who projected him in the 3rd round doesn't understand how this works. Undersized, slow, low-volume slot receivers don't have a premium placed on them. Hill should be a useful pro but he's not a guy you prioritize over other, higher-ceiling guys like Quez Watkins. He's not as good of a prospect as Hunter Renfrow was, and Renfrow was a 5th round pick. 

15 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

IDK about all that. He has elite level footwork and is amazing at creating separation with his route running from the slot. Outside of Jeudy he is probably next in line as one of the best route runners in this class that simply gets open all the time against the highest level competition.

He just didnt run a 4.3 forty so I think teams looked at his measurables and dropped him despite his on-field production---just like they did Michael Thomas.

Give me Tyler Johnson over him as a route runner every day all day

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Anyone who projected him in the 3rd round doesn't understand how this works. Undersized, slow, low-volume slot receivers don't have a premium placed on them. Hill should be a useful pro but he's not a guy you prioritize over other, higher-ceiling guys like Quez Watkins. He's not as good of a prospect as Hunter Renfrow was, and Renfrow was a 5th round pick. 

He is a better prospect than Renfrow. Better hands, better route runner and better after the catch. Also, KJ wasnt taken in the 3rd, he was taken in the 7th. That is called a steal. Most productive WR from a WR rich Ohio playing top level competition. 

7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Give me Tyler Johnson over him as a route runner every day all day

That's a weird take, considering one of Tyler's biggest wweaknesses is his lack of burst getting in his routes and struggles with getting off the line. 

Edited by Bearerofnews

3 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Colts: Jacob Eason can develop there now and it's exactly what he needs. He's got all the physical tools but is extremely raw. He needs that time and barring a rare injury for Rivers and Brissett, he'll get the time he needs.

Steelers: Anthony McFarland will produce there.

Ravens: Proche is a great prospect and they got him at a great time.

Browns: DPJ is insanely good value where they got him. He should far surpass expected production for a guy drafted in that spot.

McFarland is definitely a player who can outperform his draft spot. Apparent maturity issues reportedly caused him to drop, so if he can clean those up he has the talent to be a difference maker. 

Proche is similar to a Jamison Crowder type. Solid slot receiver, nothing special. 

I'll be surprised if DPJ earns himself a 2nd contract in the NFL. 

38 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

He is a better prospect than Renfrow. Better hands, better route runner and better after the catch. Also, KJ wasnt taken in the 3rd, he was taken in the 7th. That is called a steal. Most productive WR from a WR rich Ohio playing top level competition. 

Can't say I agree with that. 

Pretty crazy that a guy with zero injury or character concerns who was such an amazing prospect was passed on 219 times over. It's a head-scratcher. 

26 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Really why do you think that?

Here's his WR rankings. You guys got a top 5 WR. 

Here are my final WR rankings:

1. Tee Higgins (Clemson) - Top 10 grade.....NFL comp: AJ Green
  2. Marquez Callaway (Tennessee) - 1st round grade.....NFL comp: DeAndre Hopkins
  3. Bryan Edwards (South Carolina) - 1st round grade.....NFL comp: Allen Robinson
  4. Jauan Jennings (Tennessee) - 1st round grade......NFL comp: Carl Pickens
  5. KJ Hamler (Penn St.) - 1st round grade.....NFL comp: Desean Jackson/Tyreek Hill
  6. Brandon Aiyuk (Arizona St.) - 1st round grade.....NFL comp: Chris Godwin
  7. Laviska Shenault (Colorado) - 1st round grade
  8. Justin Jefferson (LSU) - 2nd round grade
  9. Denzel Mims (Baylor) - 2nd round grade.......NFL comp: Torrey Smith
  10. CeeDee Lamb (Oklahoma) - 2nd round grade
  11. Jerry Jeudy (Alabama) - 2nd round grade
  12. Jeff Thomas (Miami) - 2nd round grade

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Really why do you think that?

I'd agree with JJ. There were only a handful of teams JJ would have gone to where he could have succeeded. Pretty much any of the Shannahan/McVay offenses where being the fastest guy on the field isn't as important a factor. Once he's got the ball, anything can happen. He'll be a guy that plays faster than he runs the forty.