Initial reaction: How would you rate your divisional rivals’ drafts?

ClutchDJ

Hard to rate the Packers draft. I like it for 2020, because their best pick does almost literally nothing for them next year and probably the year after. But if Love becomes a perennial all-pro, then I’ll be pissed (again). Their second round pick seems fine because Jones doesn’t deserve the contract he probably thinks he does (don’t pay RBs).

Jets knocked it out the park

Miami have seemed to overhaul their team, near enough (although I do question Flores' approach to DLmen....quite a few DLs there that all seem to play in the same position). 

Bills also solid. 

They done good. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

All joking aside, I completely understand what Green Bay is trying to build on offense. A power run scheme similar to SF and TEN. I’m not one to care much for prioritizing value; if your guy is on the board and you can’t be 100% he is going to be there for your pick, take him. And they did, so I can get behind their draft philosophy too.

I just don’t like the potential drama that could ensue from the Love pick AND THEN not drafting a single receiver for Rodgers (which is a terrible unit 2-6). This has the potential to get really ugly and, because I really do like GB, I hope it doesn’t. 

• Like 1

Well, let's see:

Houston: Got Blacklock, Greenard, Charlie Heck, John Reid, and Isaiah Coulter.  That's a pretty good haul, with two immediate contributors, and a good developmental tackle.  Rest looks like depth to me though, and the fact that they drafted three players I specifically like more than their projections probably makes me softer on it than I should be.  Plus, they gave up so many picks for Tunsil and Stills, so it's kindof incomplete now.  C- if I have to do something.

Indianapolis: Got Michael Pittman, Jonathan Taylor, Julian Blackmon, Eason, Danny Pinter, Robert Windsor, Isaiah Coulter, and some players I know nothing about.  They also got Arik Armstead.  That's a good draft overall, but not great.  Taylor will be good right off the bat, Eason is a good future investment, and Pinter and Pittman will be good depth.  So, only one starter, but a lot of good future investment and rotational players.  B

Jacksonville: They got Henderson, Chaisson, Shenault, Hamilton, Ben Barch,  Shaquille Quaterman, and Collin Johnson.  They had a very solid haul, but they also came in with a ton of capital, and I didn't love any of their picks after Shenault.  They ought to have two immediate starters and a rotational player, with Shenault a No. 2 whenever he's healthy.  B+

For what it's worth, I gave the Titans a B+ as well.  One immediate starter (Fulton), another probable starter (Wilson), and two guys who will rotate in almost immediately (Evans and Murchison), along with Cole McDonald as a future developmental project with low investment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

In a year of strong drafts, Washington and especially Dallas had fantastic ones. Even Philly's draft was ok.

I'd rank the NFC East draft classes like this:

1. Dallas

2a. Washington

2b. New York

4. Philly

You kidding I loved the Philly draft. 😅

Decent

Falcons: Marlon Davidson was by far their best pick, hennessy was also a good pick but the rest were kinda meh, and not a fan of terrell in the 1st at all

Saints: Only 4 picks but the first three were all very good picks, not sure if they are moving their fantastic center last year to guard or vice versa but either way a very soild draft.

Panthers: Defense, defense, defense, they had one of the most underrated drafts, brown is a stud, matos should have gone first round and chinn would help their secondary alot. I think they well.

Edited by djw4bucs
  • Like 2

Broncos: Killed it. Revamped their entire passing game. Lock should have a blast.  Muti was a nice risk. Everyone seems to like Tuszka. I wonder if they had taken Mims over Hamler? 

Chiefs: Helaire will do fine, I just wonder how many backs would do great in their system, and I may have taken McKinney, and taken any of 6 or 7 backs later. Cam Akers? Macfarland?  Willie Gay should start soon. He and Helaire might be only contributors, probably Niang as well.

Chargers: I am very happy with the Chargers draft. 

• Like 1