Initial reaction: How would you rate your divisional rivals’ drafts?

ClutchDJ

23 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

It's not really a case of being penalized.  

It's really about them not deserving the same grade as their rivals due to simply not screwing up the most justified pick of the draft.  

There's just no possible way they could fail (primarily because they failed so much this past season).  

But, I do hope Burrow does well for them.  

It kind of is a penalty, though. You're capping our grade for reasons beyond our control. Is there any scenario where the Bengals could earn an A grade at #1 overall?

8 hours ago, Daniel said:

To put it another way: Why should they be rewarded for winning the lottery?  All they did was take what was given them without screwing it up.

Yes, they won the lottery. They also didn't lose the ticket or trade it away. They did the smart thing by promptly and responsibly turning it over to the cashier. 

My thinking is the foundation for these grades should be value and need. I don't see how we didn't nail both. I don't think the first pick shouldn't get special treatment; it's a pick just like any other. 

In the end, it doesn't matter. I just find it odd is all. 

42 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Yes, they won the lottery. They also didn't lose the ticket or trade it away. They did the smart thing by promptly and responsibly turning it over to the cashier. 

My thinking is the foundation for these grades should be value and need. I don't see how we didn't nail both. I don't think the first pick shouldn't get special treatment; it's a pick just like any other. 

In the end, it doesn't matter. I just find it odd is all. 

This is true, and I am definitely making more of it than I should, but I will die on this weird hill.

• Like 1