Which team is the best fit for Andy Dalton?

DigInBoys

Why can't Cincinnati be the best spot for him at this point in time? There's no real starting quarterback spot out there for him unless we really think that New England is going to make that splash at this point (which I don't see happening). If he's willing to do the mentor thing, you can probably pick a worse quarterback to be your back up and to help  Burrow, that's for sure. And it's not like the money is a real issue for Cincinnati. 

If he's a starter, the only option is New England. If he's not, I'd actually say Cincinnati right now. 

• Like 2

Packers should sign him, just to finish Rodgers off. 

Kidding aside, I hope he doesn't go to Jax. I want more of the Minshew show. 

Could definitely see the Bears trying to get him if the market isn't too high, and then have a three way competition for the starter spot. Dalton would have to feel he had the best chance to win the spot too, and other than that position the rest of the team isn't total garbage. 

Edited by Coffee & Contemplation

On 4/26/2020 at 5:16 PM, RamblinMan99 said:

I think Washington would need him.

Alex Smith should be retired by now, and Haskins is bound to be a backup QB.  

Getting a guy like Dalton will improve their chances of at least going 500, but forget about the playoffs.  

Seems pointless then. Let Haskins prove if he's the guy or not. If he fails go get your QB next year. Floundering around 6-10 to 8-8 is part of the reason why this team remains in mediocre hell forever.

• Like 1

New England would be right in the playoff mix if they added Dalton. And they're too good otherwise to truly tank for Trevor. Unless Bill really thinks Stidham is the truth I think it'd be a strong fit. Even if he does love Stidham - bringing in Dalton would be good competition and maybe the perfect barometer for whether Stidham is starter quality or not. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Seems pointless then. Let Haskins prove if he's the guy or not. If he fails go get your QB next year. Floundering around 6-10 to 8-8 is part of the reason why this team remains in mediocre hell forever.

Honestly don't think Dwayne Haskins is your guy.  

He actually had the chance to start and went 500 on TD/INTs for half a season.  

If he was Washington's future, he would have done much better in that time span.  That's plenty of time to prove himself.  

He doesn't have it.  

Andy Dalton to Washington makes sense.