Depth Chart after the Draft

Emerica

1 hour ago, Emerica said:

Taco Charlton just got cut. Was expected after he was healthy scratched towards the end of the season. Charles Harris next.

Taco had more sacks in 8 games with Miami than Charles Harris has in his career. Curious why Taco before Harris. Harris is a huge bust. 

35 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Cutting Taco saves 1.8M

I’m wondering if Davenport gets cut. That’s 2.1M in savings.

I think they'll want to keep him as swing tackle. Hopefully they do end up cutting him but tackle depth seems to be very thin right now. Hopefully one of the UDFA tackles impress. Can't do much worse than Davenport did last season.

Edited by Emerica

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't Dieter do NFL snaps at three or four different O-line positions last year, and underwhelmed at all of them? Curious if that unusual level of being thrown straight into the deep end as a rookie O-lineman could prove very helpful for him as he enters year two. 

On 5/10/2020 at 4:59 PM, FinSting said:

Didn't Dieter do NFL snaps at three or four different O-line positions last year, and underwhelmed at all of them? Curious if that unusual level of being thrown straight into the deep end as a rookie O-lineman could prove very helpful for him as he enters year two. 

I think Dieter gets a chance to play C next year, or if Karras gets injured this year, but he looks to have been kicked out of the competition for a starting Guard spot.  Flowers will be at LG the next two years, and both Hunt and Kindley were selected in the draft.  Hunt will be given a shot at RT, but I don't know if anybody actually has high hopes of him being able to stick there. 

16 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

I think Dieter gets a chance to play C next year, or if Karras gets injured this year, but he looks to have been kicked out of the competition for a starting Guard spot.  Flowers will be at LG the next two years, and both Hunt and Kindley were selected in the draft.  Hunt will be given a shot at RT, but I don't know if anybody actually has high hopes of him being able to stick there. 

From what I've read, Hunt played RT the past two college years in a zone scheme and can move on his feet nicely. Sounds like he's got a legit shot at starting RT with either Davis or Dieter at RG. That's why I'm curious about forgotten Dieter, it's like the coaches knew that moving him to multiple O-line positions in his rookie year would guarantee he'd struggle, but make him a much better player for year two. Forged by fire.

No more Worst O-line in the NFL, what a feeling. 

• 2 months later...