Better prospect: Joe Burrow or Trevor Lawerence?

DigInBoys

Better Pro Prospect  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather draft?

• Burrow
    • Lawerence

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I’ll agree his out route are average. But 2 things. 

1. NFL hashes are close so this out routes won’t be as difficult. 
2.  Don’t throw them at much he’s  near flawless every else. The opposite hash out route will not determine his career. 

he didn’t have a passing touchdown against OSU I was at the game. He didn’t look great at all until he hit those huge runs. 

LSU talent Differential vs the SEC is MUCH smaller than Clemsons talent differential vs the ACC. It’s not even close. Plus Clemsons out of conference schedule is boo boo. 

And his athleticism and arm strength mask his true passing skills. He’s still young for sure this may change. But right now Burrow is the better passer at attacking the field with accuracy. 

I like Fields better too. He’s a better complete passer. Look at the passing charts for all 3 players this past year. Lawrence is at the bottom.  His freshman yeah team was absolutely loaded. 

I know it's been rough on Fields and Burrow playing with the crap they were surrounded with...

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I know it's been rough on Fields and Burrow playing with the crap they were surrounded with...

All three play on great teams 

but when you look at

Osu vs Big10

LSU vs SEC

Clemson vs Acc

Clemson by far has the larger level of advantage

Burrow went toe to toe vs Tua and Alabama 

Lawrence faced Bryce Perkins and the mighty Virginia cavaliers 

Edited by brownie man

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

All three play on great teams 

but when you look at

Osu vs Big10

LSU vs SEC

Clemson vs Acc

Clemson by far has large level of advantage

Burrow went toe to toe be Tua and Alabama 

Lawrence played Bryce Perkins and the mighty Virginia cavaliers 

Did Trevor Lawrence not just play, and beat Ohio State? Did he not go toe to toe with Tua and beat Alabama his Freshman Year to win a National Title? I mean, I'm confused as to what you're getting at here? 

Edited by lavar703

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Did Trevor Lawrence not just play, and beat Ohio State? Did he not go toe to toe with Tua and beat Alabama his Freshman Year to win a National Title? I mean, I'm confused as to what you're getting at here? 

I do think Lawrence is the superior prospect, but I also think Lawrence had a much easier path to the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I do think Lawrence is the superior prospect, but I also think Lawrence had a much easier path to the playoffs.

That's fine but the teams being brought up are teams he beat when he got there. He's lost one game as a starter and that was the National Championship. It's not like they're beating up on scrubs and then getting crushed in the playoff. He beat Tua and Justin Fields is what I'm getting at. 

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Lawrence didn't, his team did. Why do people give QBs sole ownership of W/Ls? That's just so bass ackwards.

Lawrence completed 54% of his passes against Ohio State and then 49% of his passes against LSU.   The two best secondary's he played  he played.  His running game isn't going to be the same in the NFL as he uses it in college.  Lawrence has the physical tools, but i'm not entirely sold on his accuracy as some.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Lawrence completed 54% of his passes against Ohio State and then 49% of his passes against LSU.   The two best secondary's he played  he played.  His running game isn't going to be the same in the NFL as he uses it in college.  Lawrence has the physical tools, but i'm not entirely sold on his accuracy as some.

Exactly 

yeah he beat OsU but it definitely wasn’t because of his passing. And I think LSU exposed him somewhat. 

he had way too many 50-65 percent completion passing games. And I’m not just a stats guy the tape and the completion percentage match up. This accuracy isn’t great he’s not a consistent fluid passer. 

• Like 1

Lawrence is 3 year younger than Burrow and already the superior QB. If Lawrence was eligible this year, Miami would have. given away all their 3 first round picks and some future first round picks to move up to 1. If Lawrence was eligible last year, Cardinals would take him over Murray. If they could currently swap Murray for Lawrence, they would do it in a heartbeat. 

That's how good Lawrence is.