Better prospect: Joe Burrow or Trevor Lawerence?

DigInBoys

Better Pro Prospect  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather draft?

• Burrow
    • Lawerence

21 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

I don't really care who uses it to be honest. If it's a poor argument, why use it? 

Because it highlights the inconsistency. Good or bad logic - at least apply it to both sides equally. Doesn’t make sense to tout Burrow for “going toe to toe” with Tua and then completely ignore what Lawrence has done.

Edited by Yin-Yang

33 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Because it highlights the inconsistency. Good or bad logic - at least apply it to both sides equally. Doesn’t make sense to tout Burrow for “going toe to toe” with Tua and then completely ignore what Lawrence has done.

Burrow didn't face Tua. He faced Alabama's defense and coaching staff. The argument that it's QB vs QB is the most stupid thing in all of comparisons. This isn't tennis.

12 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Yeah, guess I don't understand the point you're attempting to make on this one. You're right.

No worries, it’s an easy one.

Guy brought up QB H2Hs. Response was, even if looking at H2Hs, Lawrence holds water. That isn’t to say QB H2Hs are a good measurement to use, it’s saying that even by that flawed argument, your point (the other guy’s point) is a bad one. 

Lawrence. Burrow wasn't even on the radar and then turned in the greatest season in NCAA history for a QB. Sure, Lawrence has talent around but, but LSU was also loaded with NFL talent. Justin Jefferson is a first round pick and Ja'Marr Chase is significantly better than even him, so I'm not dowgranding Lawrence for having help.

Lawrence "disappointed" in his sophomore year, but even that was significantly better than anything Burrow had done prior to his 5th year senior season. Have to realize that all the hype Lawrence built was during a true freshman season. His projection is off the charts. Burrow's 2019 tape was special, but Lawrence has shown more consistency despite being 3 years behind him.

Burrow also projects to have a below average to average arm among NFL starters. accuracy and ball placement trumps arm strength to be sure, but arm strength still matters some, and i dont think Lawrence is accuracy-deficient either.

On 2020-04-29 at 6:16 AM, brownie man said:

Burrow easily

I don’t see a great pure pass when I watch Lawrence. 

I think he’s really overrated for a few reasons

1.  He does have the physical tools 

2.  He plays on a very talented team

3. Playing in the ACC he has no competition 

When I watch him man I do not see a great passer. His completion percentage shows it. He’s talented and he’s an athlete. I’m not sure if he’s going to be a bust, but I’m taking Burrow over him. Burrow attacks every part of the field at every level. He has touch, accuracy, velocity, and movement. 

Burrow gives off Tom Brady vibes for a reason. Lawrence isn’t getting those and there’s a reason for that too. He just throws deep balls to outside receivers that are more talented than their defenders. 

I think Lawrence throws a lot of 50-50 jump balls. He lacks accuracy imo. He reminds me a lot like Jameis Winston when he was at FSU 

On 4/26/2020 at 5:52 PM, JTagg7754 said:

Lawrence and wouldn't think twice about it. IMO it's not even close

Edit: I'm a huge Burrow fan as well

This is the right answer.  Though Burrow is closer to a bust than being in the same stratosphere as Lawrence. 

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Lawrence. He has everything Burrow had in a better physical body.

Burrow is going to be good, but Lawrence is clearly the #1 QB when you factor in upside and polish.

I don't think Lawrence has Burrow's processing and reads ability, accuracy, and I question leadership ability.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't think Lawrence has Burrow's processing and reads ability, accuracy, and I question leadership ability.

Why do you question the leadership of Lawrence? I haven't heard anything about that, one way or another.

Also, I think leadership from a QB is overrated unless they're not well-liked. I don't think you need to be a rah-rah guy to be successful. But I also don't think you want to be Connor Cook, where your teammates seem to dislike you. I'm ok with the Jay Cutler/Justin Herbert QB's to be honest.

14 hours ago, sshle_ said:

I think Lawrence throws a lot of 50-50 jump balls. He lacks accuracy imo. He reminds me a lot like Jameis Winston when he was at FSU 

You mean he throws jump balls to one of the best jump ball receivers in the world in Tee Higgins? I would hope he would.

He still takes great care of the football. He's not chucking it into dangerous spots. He's placing the ball high where his WR's can make an explosive play on it. He throws 50/50 balls out to the numbers, not down the middle. That's a bizarre critique.

51 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

You mean he throws jump balls to one of the best jump ball receivers in the world in Tee Higgins? I would hope he would.

He still takes great care of the football. He's not chucking it into dangerous spots. He's placing the ball high where his WR's can make an explosive play on it. He throws 50/50 balls out to the numbers, not down the middle. That's a bizarre critique.

I don't like 50/50 throws regardless of where he throws them. They're 50/50. He's not throwing them deep in stride. NFL CBs will be better than the CBF CBs in redirecting themselves to make it an incomplete pass or intercept them