Better prospect: Joe Burrow or Trevor Lawerence?

DigInBoys

Better Pro Prospect  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather draft?

• Burrow
    • Lawerence

16 minutes ago, sshle_ said:

I don't like 50/50 throws regardless of where he throws them. They're 50/50. He's not throwing them deep in stride. NFL CBs will be better than the CBF CBs in redirecting themselves to make it an incomplete pass or intercept them 

Ok. I’ll take Lawrence and you can have Jake Fromm. 

10 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

What about Tahj Boyd? He took the least amount of risks. You probably loved him.

I didn't like him at all. 

I do like a qb who can throw a deep ball, just not all the time. Especially ones that are always 50/50. 

I did really like Dwayne Allen from that Clemson team though. Weird he didn't pan out 

16 hours ago, sshle_ said:

I don't like 50/50 throws regardless of where he throws them. They're 50/50.

NFL coaches literally encourage QBs to throw 50/50 balls in certain situations. 

Very early in Dalton's career he was overly conservative pushing the ball to Green downfield, and didn't like to pull the trigger when he wasn't clearly open or beyond the play design. Eventually that conservatism had to be coached out of him as his proclivity to throw the ball away in those situations was hurting the team. He learned that throwing the "50/50" ball to Green, more often than not, would favour the offense - receivers of Green's stature have a distinct advantage (like Higgins and Ross), and there's also the high probability of drawing a flag. There's nothing wrong with it as long as you're doing it responsibly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

NFL coaches literally encourage QBs to throw 50/50 balls in certain situations.  

Like, I don't know, maybe when you have a receiver like Tee Higgins?

Or like Deshaun Watson did all the time with Deandre Hopkins over corners he had a 5 inch, 40 lb advantage over for chunk yardage plays?  You'd think if you don't like 50/50 balls, you really wouldn't like Watson as a pro.  Almost like this is being pulled out of your lower colon.

And if you universally don't like 50/50 balls, you'd be a lousy OC.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Well, there’s plenty of 5’8” corners. One of them’s gotta be 175. Somewhere.

FYI, not really. There's only 4 corners who are 5'8 in the NFL currently, and one was just drafted in Amik Robertson. If you expand that criteria to include 5'9 corners, there's only 21 that played in some capacity this past season. Only 7 of those 21 started more than 8 games.