NFL draft draws 55 million viewers

candyman93

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Meanwhile Payton put Coca Cola (competitor of NFL sponsor Pepsi) and Crush (made by Keurig Dr. Pepper, competitor of Pepsi) Twizzlers (competitor of sponsor Mars Bars) all on display at his setup

he really really hates Goodell

One of the guys at the Naval Academy in corporate marketing gets on us all of the time for Coke branded things we have, even when we are at practices or behind the scenes.  We never appear on TV with that stuff so I don't know why he gets worked up so much about it.  

He also tells us the football stadium is a "memorial first, stadium second" yet he's monetized and advertised the hell out of it compared to his predecessor.  

2 hours ago, D82 said:

Yeah...that got a little old. 

So happy I was listening on a podcast vs watching, it would have gotten extremely old immediately.

I have to wonder if part of the viewing was that most people watching/listening actually prefer not having the 3 ring circus and just want the picks announced in a no-nonsense way. Maybe not, maybe it's all about being cooped up, but unfortunately even if true I doubt the execs are smart enough to consider it. Next year will be the circus back in town

The only reason the draft had the numbers it did was because there has been No Sports for almost two months. Not another single sporting event for 3 days MLB, NBA, PGA,Soccer name the sport to take away from said viewing.

While it might of went off without many hiccups,  theres no way without a similar scenario in the future those rating will ever be that high again. It certainly wasn't because it was Virtual instead of Live.

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 hours ago, Forge said:

My only fear is that networks are going to misinterpret this as fans just wanting to hear about every tragedy or familial death that has befallen every drafted player. 

I had 100% no interest in the human interest aspect that they chose to shove down our throats. Hoping that was only a byproduct of the odd circumstances for the draft. 

Can I interest you in a concert?

54 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I liked Roger Goodell in this. Sitting on his big leather chairs, wearing his sweater and trolling people on the computer...

I can get used to this.

Roger was a big winner coming out of this.  People saw him in a different shade.......literally and figuratively. 

But seriously, his cred got bumped up a couple notches from this.  

• Like 1

Imagine if the coverage was any good. Espn Tradegy coverage got so old after a handful of picks on day 3 i was so sick of it i decide to head back to bed.  First time in ages i havent watched the whole draft. 

If there was any other sport on with the coverage they had they would of lost viewers by the millions. 

Edited by Aussie9er

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

I liked Roger Goodell in this. Sitting on his big leather chairs, wearing his sweater and trolling people on the computer...

I can get used to this.

I cringed every time he tried to hype the audience up. 

I did like everyone booing him tho

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Roger was a big winner coming out of this.  People saw him in a different shade.......literally and figuratively. 

But seriously, his cred got bumped up a couple notches from this.  

Yep, we could relate to him for once.

Sitting in a lounge chair, in your sweater which covers a dad-bod, steaming drunk and watching sportsmen on the TV. 

• Like 2