24 members have voted

1. 1. Draft Grade?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • Total Fail

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like the trade up for a receiver drops the draft an entire letter grade. Deepest class in memory and we trade up for a receiver... The next team to trade to for a receiver did so at pick 173. No team traded up for a receiver before is either

Yeah, but this is Shanahan we're talking about… the three year old who needs his toy ASAP and will throw a fit if he doesn't get it lol. This is why I'm surprised he didn't trade up for Deebo last year? 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, but this is Shanahan we're talking about… the three year old who needs his toy ASAP and will throw a fit if he doesn't get it lol. This is why I'm surprised he didn't trade up for Deebo last year? 

Maybe he was too sad at not getting Harry

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They wanted Harry. Pats spoiled their plans so they ended taking Deebo, which worked out marvelously.

And that's what I don't get. Okay, so you really liked Aiyuk. Great..I get it. I really wanted Reagor. But even if he were the guy they traded up for, I would still be upset. Just go with the next WR on your board or the BPA. You can't ALWAYS have your crush and give up draft capital to do so. Imagine if we kept our 4th and were able to draft another pass-rusher some us so desperately wanted?? I just don't get it..

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

Couldn't give us higher than a C. 

Hated both 1st round picks. Can't say this enough my least favourite picks in Lynch era. 

Aiyuk with trade up was a stupid pick. With this being one of the strongest wide out drafts in ages i find it silly to trade up and give up a 4th to grab a receiver when if you stayed put there would be 5 just as good ones available. Take into account Lynch does his best work in middle rounds why give up a middle round pick. 

Kinlaw pick for me was just meh. I just don't see him as a good consistent player. He shows flashes i just don't think we will get more than that. Also at this point we must of known Staley was retiring and trade for Trent Williams wasn't a sure thing especially with us dealing with Redskins.  So why did we trade down when Wirfs was on the board makes no sense to me. 

Rest of the draft was good for me especially when you take into account trade for Williams and getting rid of Goodwin and Breida contracts.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I don't know about what letter grade I would give it, but this time, I do give Kyle a pass on the trade up to take Aiyuk. Initially, I was torqued. But, Miami traded down immediately after that. So, perhaps it was a necessary trade to get Aiyuk?! I don't know. 

Yeah, I call BS on the whole Miami thing. I think they said that because Miami traded down after the pick. I mean, apparently Miami wanted Aiyuk / receiver at 26, but then after losing Aiyuk decided not to take another receiver the entire draft (unless you want to count Perry as one in the 7th round), and instead took a corner (when they just threw a ton of money at Byron Jones and still have Howard) at 30. In a spot where the receivers coming off the board again? I'm to believe that it was  basically just a situation where they wanted Aiyuk and only Aiyuk? That just seems super convenient to the Shanny narrative that a trade up had to be made is all. It doesn't mean it's not true, of course. Could very well be. I don't know. I just don't know that circumstantially its that supported by Miami's further actions in the draft 

• Like 2

Easily doesn't make sense, from a fan POV, but for teams, they have a short list of impact players at a position. If they miss out on the last "big impact tier" of their list? they just move on to other positions they feel prospects will have more impact. 

< shrugs > 

• Like 3

The Trent Williams trade makes this draft an A for me. I didn't think it was possible. We had three holes and two firsts with little else to work with. We ended up with three starters at our only three real pressing needs, a solid TE/FB, and a very capable G/T depth piece. 

I thought we did a very good job. Maybe we could have stayed at 31 and taken a different WR if aiyuk didn't fall, but other than that I felt we got great value with everything we did. 

I really like kinlaw and I am hoping aiyuk will make us forget about Dante Pettis lol 

Kinlaw could honestly be an allpro in 2-3 years. That upside cannot be understated 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, N4L said:

The Trent Williams trade makes this draft an A for me. I didn't think it was possible. We had three holes and two firsts with little else to work with. We ended up with three starters at our only three real pressing needs, a solid TE/FB, and a very capable G/T depth piece. 

I thought we did a very good job. Maybe we could have stayed at 31 and taken a different WR if aiyuk didn't fall, but other than that I felt we got great value with everything we did. 

I really like kinlaw and I am hoping aiyuk will make us forget about Dante Pettis lol 

Kinlaw could honestly be an allpro in 2-3 years. That upside cannot be understated 

Well, I hope Aiyuk makes me forget we passed on CeeDee Lamb, myself. :(  That was my draft crush.

However, I really do like what I have seen/heard of Aiyuk. He's got some real potential.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, N4L said:

The Trent Williams trade makes this draft an A for me.

Truly hope we are all saying this in Sept-Feb. 

I worry greatly.The cost was low enough to chance, but I want to see this dude play again before assuming he still has the greatness that so many remember of him. When I saw his last performances in depth and game after game, I was very underwhelmed. 

PROTECT THE JIMMY

10 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Truly hope we are all saying this in Sept-Feb. 

I worry greatly.The cost was low enough to chance, but I want to see this dude play again before assuming he still has the greatness that so many remember of him. When I saw his last performances in depth and game after game, I was very underwhelmed. 

PROTECT THE JIMMY

Unique situation to be sure. He wasn't playing because of something non-injury related. Its not like he tore his achilleas or something, he probably could have played last year if not for this whole dispute. 

So for that reason, I don't see why he shouldn't be the same guy he was, assuming he has taken care of himself and stayed in relatively good shape. 

Tackle is a position I feel like you can come back and be up to speed rather quickly. its kind a like riding a bike. if this was another position, I might be more worried. 

He honestly might be an upgrade over 2020 Joe Staley. I love Joe, but he was injured last year. It wasn't his best season (he was still good but still)

10 minutes ago, N4L said:

He honestly might be an upgrade over 2020 Joe Staley.

He might be, but what I'm saying is unrelated to injury or team dysfunction.. more or less. 

In his recent playing days, it's my opinion that he wasn't very good on the field. That he was being propped up on reputation.. but simply wasn't near as good as lauded to be. 

So, I hope more as much as anyone that he is even 3/4 of what he is expected to be by most. He's bound to be better than some rookie though, so cheers for that.. but I hope they wait and see before locking our cap up in him beyond the year.

35 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

He might be, but what I'm saying is unrelated to injury or team dysfunction.. more or less. 

In his recent playing days, it's my opinion that he wasn't very good on the field. That he was being propped up on reputation.. but simply wasn't near as good as lauded to be. 

So, I hope more as much as anyone that he is even 3/4 of what he is expected to be by most. He's bound to be better than some rookie though, so cheers for that.. but I hope they wait and see before locking our cap up in him beyond the year.

Honestly, I dont think they really have any intention on extending him. I mean, they'll take the wait and see approach. But even if he's lights out this year, I really don't see how they can afford if he commands top tackle money. 

The thing with Williams is he's hurt alot and misses some games. But when his healthy, he's dominate. I live VA...I watch alot of the Skins because they're on every other channel, every week. I have no doubt he'll be one of the best LTs in football this upcoming season. His availability is my only real concern.

• Like 1