How many games will we win this season?

NYRaider

How many games will we win?   

39 members have voted

1. 1. 2020 win total

I think the team-first players that are filling out our team will pay off. I say we win 14 because we keep the COVID spread at bay compared to other BETTER teams. So yeah, we get into the playoffs because a few opposing players here and there get put on the PUP list the week they face us thereinby dramatically improve our chances 😂

Edited by doctordeath

4 hours ago, doctordeath said:

I think the team-first players that are filling out our team will pay off. I say we win 14 because we keep the COVID spread at bay compared to other BETTER teams. So yeah, we get into the playoffs because a few opposing players here and there get put on the PUP list the week they face us thereinby dramatically improve our chances 😂

Are you planning to infect opposing players the week they play us? Lol

Hold up.... you think we’ll win 14 games because we’ll avoid covid and other teams won’t?

(this is just a joke in general and not aimed at you)

but imagine if some degenerate gambler worked at the front desk of the LV Hilton (or whatever hotel the opposing teams stay at) and decided to sneeze/cough into the pillows..... he could get rich off betting on the Raiders.... as a bunch of players each week would test positive on game day and be inactive.

Edited by jimkelly02

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Are you planning to infect opposing players the week they play us? Lol

Hold up.... you think we’ll win 14 games because we’ll avoid covid and other teams won’t?

(this is just a joke in general and not aimed at you)

but imagine if some degenerate gambler worked at the front desk of the LV Hilton (or whatever hotel the opposing teams stay at) and decided to sneeze/cough into the pillows..... he could get rich off betting on the Raiders.... as a bunch of players each week would test positive on game day and be inactive.

WHATEVER IT TAKES. JUST WIN BABY!

Jk. Spreading the virus is not cool.

But in all seriousness, yes, I think we will have one of the best handles on it when it's all said and done.

Just hoping for the best over here!

Edited by doctordeath

13 minutes ago, doctordeath said:

WHATEVER IT TAKES. JUST WIN BABY!

Jk. Spreading the virus is not cool.

But in all seriousness, yes, I think we will have one of the best handles on it when it's all said and done.

Just hoping for the best over here!

I’m big on the phrase “cheat to win”..... if Von Miller happened to get a non-lethal flu “inadvertently” I wouldn’t lose sleep over it.

maybe I’m missing something but why will the Raiders have a better handle on Covid than other teams?

15 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m big on the phrase “cheat to win”..... if Von Miller happened to get a non-lethal flu “inadvertently” I wouldn’t lose sleep over it.

maybe I’m missing something but why will the Raiders have a better handle on Covid than other teams?

I think the infusion of more mature, seemingly team-first players are what will do it for us. Not saying other teams don't or won't have that dynamic, or that we have better protocols and security measures in place, I just think (moreso hope) that our team as a whole will be more careful when outside the NFL facilities and games. Couple that with *fingers crossed* an ascending team and some key opponents on our schedule being placed on the injury report. But that's just me hoping for the best and hanging my hat on more of a pie-in-the-sky medical generalization rather than comparing the on-the-field stats, metrics and personnel.

I really do think that during this pandemic asterisk year, teams' successes will lean more on a player's fortitude and their willingness to be self-aware, especially of the situation and what's at stake if they f*ck up, rather than their actual football talents. I *think* well have those qualities in spades.

Edited by doctordeath

1 hour ago, doctordeath said:

I think the infusion of more mature, seemingly team-first players are what will do it for us. Not saying other teams don't or won't have that dynamic, or that we have better protocols and security measures in place, I just think (moreso hope) that our team as a whole will be more careful when outside the NFL facilities and games. Couple that with *fingers crossed* an ascending team and some key opponents on our schedule being placed on the injury report. But that's just me hoping for the best and hanging my hat on more of a pie-in-the-sky medical generalization rather than comparing the on-the-field stats, metrics and personnel.

I really do think that during this pandemic asterisk year, teams' successes will lean more on a player's fortitude and their willingness to be self-aware, especially of the situation and what's at stake if they f*ck up, rather than their actual football talents. I *think* well have those qualities in spades.

I say this in a kind and friendly/joking way....

i think your just praying for the best and there’s almost zero substance to the idea we’ll do better versus Covid.  And I love your enthusiasm i truly do, I just don’t see a single thing that would suggest we’ll handle the situation better.

but idk maybe because LV is more isolated than NYC, LA, etc the players can kinda of live in a loose bubble.  But I thought I read LV wasn’t doing well with Covid.  In theory a team in an area with less Covid infections would be less likely to have players testing positive for it.

the other issue is Covid has high infection rate of asymptotic people.  Players can not know they have it and test positive and thus be pulled out of a weekly game.

im fearful that the high false positive tests will result in players being pulled from games when they actually don’t even have asymptotic Covid.  How do you even avoid that?  Test a guy again if he pops for it?  From what I’ve seen the tests are giving something like 40% false positives.  And that seems to be occurring in TC, I can’t imagine all the players that went on the Covid list actually has Covid.  It’s too many players.  It’s not statistically probable given the % of people nationally that are testing positive.

thats a big concern imo that hasn’t been spoken of.

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I say this in a kind and friendly/joking way....

i think your just praying for the best and there’s almost zero substance to the idea we’ll do better versus Covid.  And I love your enthusiasm i truly do, I just don’t see a single thing that would suggest we’ll handle the situation better.

but idk maybe because LV is more isolated than NYC, LA, etc the players can kinda of live in a loose bubble.  But I thought I read LV wasn’t doing well with Covid.  In theory a team in an area with less Covid infections would be less likely to have players testing positive for it.

the other issue is Covid has high infection rate of asymptotic people.  Players can not know they have it and test positive and thus be pulled out of a weekly game.

im fearful that the high false positive tests will result in players being pulled from games when they actually don’t even have asymptotic Covid.  How do you even avoid that?  Test a guy again if he pops for it?  From what I’ve seen the tests are giving something like 40% false positives.  And that seems to be occurring in TC, I can’t imagine all the players that went on the Covid list actually has Covid.  It’s too many players.  It’s not statistically probable given the % of people nationally that are testing positive.

thats a big concern imo that hasn’t been spoken of.

Oh yeah I'm definitely reaching for the stars with my thought process on this one 😂😂😂

23 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Miller already had the Rona and was fine. He was one of the first NFL players to get it months ago if I recall. However I'm losing my mental health with all this so I may be confused. 🤪

1 hour ago, G said:

Miller already had the Rona and was fine. He was one of the first NFL players to get it months ago if I recall. However I'm losing my mental health with all this so I may be confused. 🤪

I think you get it twice... we’ll a doctor buddy told me that.  Hopefully Miller gets it again.  That’s another thing players who had it in the past could give false positives for it in the future.  It’d be devastating if a false positive takes a player out of a game and costs the team a win.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think you get it twice... we’ll a doctor buddy told me that.  Hopefully Miller gets it again.  That’s another thing players who had it in the past could give false positives for it in the future.  It’d be devastating if a false positive takes a player out of a game and costs the team a win.

I think every person will react differently but I do think you can get it several times. Supposedly it's already mutated in other countries and is more contagious but less  damaging. Flu season will make it difficult to know flu or CV so I expect doctors to not test and just label CV. 

10 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

What is going on with this post.  

i don’t often stick up for BR but....

you want to put your male sex organ in a man’s mouth?  
what does that say about you?

Yeah I'm thinking that person is either already banned person or a burner account just trying to get banned. LOL I saw it last night and will just put them on ignore. Might be time for me to uniggy the few I already ignored but it's been more pleasant not reading some posters. LOL However what's LIVING without the garbage right? LOL