Washington 53 man Roster Projection After Adrian Peterson Cut

turtle28

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, but that’s a gamble, no guarantee we can get eith of them in the draft.

There isn’t. But I think this year is more about meshing together and implementing the system. So while there is no guarantee there are a bunch of talented CB’s LT’s you have jamar and the pass catchers and you have positions of value are loaded based off last years tape. So while there’s no guarantee’s with the draft just because those are my two guys going into the year grades will change and I have no problem stealing one of the top CB’s. But with the QB class that we could have next year along with the top 3 OT’s the DB’s and pass catchers I believe we will have a real shot at those guys. But that’s far away I’m thinking about long term options with super high talent.

That doesn’t mean we can’t sign a short term option for the year. But Reuben Foster would have to not only produce but play lights out for me to devalue Parsons impact on this team to drop the need enough not to target him. As far as the TE he’s a legit target. Talent is amazing and the need will still be high. they are just two of my highest rated players at positions they could really solidify. Parsons could honestly be the player that brings this defense over the top.

On 5/3/2020 at 11:18 AM, ripsean21 said:

There isn’t. But I think this year is more about meshing together and implementing the system. So while there is no guarantee there are a bunch of talented CB’s LT’s you have jamar and the pass catchers and you have positions of value are loaded based off last years tape. So while there’s no guarantee’s with the draft just because those are my two guys going into the year grades will change and I have no problem stealing one of the top CB’s. But with the QB class that we could have next year along with the top 3 OT’s the DB’s and pass catchers I believe we will have a real shot at those guys. But that’s far away I’m thinking about long term options with super high talent.

That doesn’t mean we can’t sign a short term option for the year. But Reuben Foster would have to not only produce but play lights out for me to devalue Parsons impact on this team to drop the need enough not to target him. As far as the TE he’s a legit target. Talent is amazing and the need will still be high. they are just two of my highest rated players at positions they could really solidify. Parsons could honestly be the player that brings this defense over the top.

I definitely agree that Parsons and Freiermuth are going to be 1st prospects in the draft. It just depends how everything shakes out. As a big 10 fan, I know they’re awesome prospects. Parsons is the best Penn State LB prospect since Lavar Arrington and he should be a top 10 pick in next years draft. 

As far as short term options go, the Redskins have them. They are Rogers & Thomas. We have 5 other guys who could be long term options or be absolutely nothing in Sprinkle, Hentges, Moss, Baugh and Caleb Wilson. I don’t think a guy like Holtz or Flanagan is signed to replace any of those guys, unless we go with a FB and Holtz is signed to play FB which, Moss could be an HB/FB too.

Edited by turtle28

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 7:42 PM, turtle28 said:

OFFENSE:

QB: Haskins, Allen

RB: Peterson, Guice, Love, McKissic

LT: Lucas, Charles

LG: Schweitzer, Keith Ismael

C: Roullier, Ross P

RG: Scherff, Martin

RT: Moses, Christian 

TE: Rogers, Thomas, Sprinkle, Moss

WR: McClaurin, Latimer

WR: Harmon, AGG

SWR: Sims, Gibson

DEFENSE:

RDE: Young, Sweat

UT: Ioannidis, Brantley 

NT: Payne, Settle

LDE: Allen, Kerrigan

SLB: Holcomb, Anderson

MLB: Bostic, SDH

WLB: T.Davis, KPL, Foster (PUP)

RCB: Fuller, Moreland, Stroman 

LCB: Darby, Moreau

SS: Collins, Everett 

FS: S. Davis, Apke

SPECIAL TEAMS:

K: Hopkins

P: Way

LS: Sundberg

PRACTICE SQUAD:

Darvin Kidsay

Cam Sims

Emanuel Hall

Caleb Wilson

Jordan Brailford

Danny Johnson

James Smith-Williams

Khaleke Hudson

Kamren Curl

Ryan Bee

I can dig it but guys I think that could be on the bubble as far as the 53 is Apke, Everett, and Latimer

i think we could see one of our UDFA Recievers push latimer out

also Curl and Hudson could push both Everett and Apke. I know Hudson is listed as a LB but he is what Rivera loves “versatile” I watched tape on him at Michigan in what they called a viper position. I think he could be what Sua was supposed to be. He also was a leader on the team

On 5/14/2020 at 11:36 PM, LoganF89 said:

I can dig it but guys I think that could be on the bubble as far as the 53 is Apke, Everett, and Latimer

i think we could see one of our UDFA Recievers push latimer out

also Curl and Hudson could push both Everett and Apke. I know Hudson is listed as a LB but he is what Rivera loves “versatile” I watched tape on him at Michigan in what they called a viper position. I think he could be what Sua was supposed to be. He also was a leader on the team

Yeah, I 100% agree with that. Great points. It’s just hard for me to predict I guess. I think Apke has a lot of potential still and Everett has always been lock solid on special teams but then again, Hudson could be better in that role. 

I made this roster prediction weeks ago, we'll before Latimer pulled a gun on people in Colorado. I see him eventually being cut. In fact, I'm shocked it hasn't happened already, I guess they are waiting for all the facts to unfold from the police report before cutting him but I think that's inevitable.

With that being the case, I think Cam Sims makes the team again. Rivera has usually had a few big WRs, so it wouldn't shock me if he made it, but Quinn or one of the young guys the picked up as UDFAs from other teams earlier this offseason and after the draft could too.

Edited by turtle28

On 5/17/2020 at 10:12 PM, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I 100% agree with that. Great points. It’s just hard for me to predict I guess. I think Apke has a lot of potential still and Everett has always been lock solid on special teams but then again, Hudson could be better in that role. 

I made this roster prediction weeks ago, we'll before Latimer pulled a gun on people in Colorado. I see him eventually being cut, in act I'm shocked it hasn't happened already, I guess they are waiting for all the facts to unfold from the police report before cutting him but I think that's inevitable.

With that being the case, I think Cam Sims makes the team again. Rivera has usually had a few big WRs, so it wouldn't shock me if he made it, but Quinn or one of the young guys the picked up as UDFAs from other teams earlier this offseason and after the draft could too.

yeah when i posted that it was also before the incident. just dont see the point of keeping him, as far as apke and everret go, for me they are good SP players but i dont want to rely on either actually playing snaps. cant say im confident if we have injuries and they have to start. Apke went in the 4th bc he was a white guy with a 4.3 if we are being honest lol

I could see Cam being the last one to make it at WR as well, but this has to be the year he does something or I think hes gone.

Hudson I think will be a hell of a player for us

On 5/14/2020 at 9:02 PM, turtle28 said:

Da’Ron Payne pushing his truck for a work out.

Gonna be the best DT this team has had!!! I have never fallen in love with a DT prospect since maybe Wilfork but He was a Miami guy so it’s not fair. But Payne’s first step is like a edge rusher and his power is nuts!!! The fact him and Chase and Sweat and Allen are going to be lining up together in sets is crazy and exciting at the same time. This should be fun!!!

• Like 1

The caloric intake these big guys have to have to stay the size they are, as well as the workouts they have to do to stay in shape, I really wonder how they are being affected by all of this.  I love the video of Payne pushing the truck, but how much is that really working all that he needs to work?  I'm sure he has the money to get a small gym built at his house, but could he get everything shipped to him?  How many other bubble players fighting for a spot have that kind of money to throw around?  It will be interesting to see this year. 

15 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

yeah when i posted that it was also before the incident. just dont see the point of keeping him, as far as apke and everret go, for me they are good SP players but i dont want to rely on either actually playing snaps. cant say im confident if we have injuries and they have to start. Apke went in the 4th bc he was a white guy with a 4.3 if we are being honest lol

I could see Cam being the last one to make it at WR as well, but this has to be the year he does something or I think hes gone.

Hudson I think will be a hell of a player for us

Apke played in two games last year when Nicholson had an injury. He played 3 quarters vs the 49ers and has 6 tackles and 1 ints. 

I think he has potential, he always has, even dating back to Penn State. If we’re being honest, it’s rare a team has 2 FS’s they can trust to be reliable on a team. Having a better back up would’ve been a luxury and we just had other needs and in the draft the BPA was usually a different position.

I guess maybe Curl can be an upgrade over Apke, but I’ve seen nothing out of Apke yet to suggest he can’t at least be a reliable back up.

Edited by turtle28

24 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The caloric intake these big guys have to have to stay the size they are, as well as the workouts they have to do to stay in shape, I really wonder how they are being affected by all of this.  I love the video of Payne pushing the truck, but how much is that really working all that he needs to work?  I'm sure he has the money to get a small gym built at his house, but could he get everything shipped to him?  How many other bubble players fighting for a spot have that kind of money to throw around?  It will be interesting to see this year. 

He’s pushing against 300 to 330 pound LB all game long for several hours and in practice, pushing a truck seems very similar to a work out which would be good for him and I’m sure he has equipment for lifting at his house as all the players should and if they don’t have their own, Snyder should provide it to their house.

On 5/19/2020 at 2:56 AM, ripsean21 said:

Gonna be the best DT this team has had!!! I have never fallen in love with a DT prospect since maybe Wilfork but He was a Miami guy so it’s not fair. But Payne’s first step is like a edge rusher and his power is nuts!!! The fact him and Chase and Sweat and Allen are going to be lining up together in sets is crazy and exciting at the same time. This should be fun!!!

Gonna have to do a lot to surpass Dave Butz as best ever Redskin DT.And Sean Gilbert was a beast when he played.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TKellion said:

Gonna have to do a lot to surpass Dave Butz as best ever Redskin DT.And Sean Gilbert was a beast when he played.

Well let’s all hope we have a bunch of guys that can pass a bunch of greats!!! But we need this defense to be a generational defense. There’s almost no way to even warrant all the picks on the DL if over the next 5 years were not stonewalling teams where their literally struggling just to move the ball in a game based on flash. We will see what the rest of the roster can do but when you have a team with a DL unit with a rotation with the caliber of players these guys are expected and should be then there’s no excuse Payne or one of the DT’s doesn’t shred the production numbers of Butz. If we aren’t breaking franchise totals on the DL and edges honestly this unit and coaches failed IMO

• Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 2:32 PM, turtle28 said:

Apke played in two games last year when Nicholson had an injury. He played 3 quarters vs the 49ers and has 6 tackles and 1 ints. 

I think he has potential, he always has, even dating back to Penn State. If we’re being honest, it’s rare a team has 2 FS’s they can trust to be reliable on a team. Having a better back up would’ve been a luxury and we just had other needs and in the draft the BPA was usually a different position.

I guess maybe Curl can be an upgrade over Apke, but I’ve seen nothing out of Apke yet to suggest he can’t at least be a reliable back up.

Maybe we should just be done with it and trade next years first to the jets for jamal adams.  Imagine Adams-Collins.  Would even need to play cornerbacks:)