Danny Johnson

James Smith-Williams

Khaleke Hudson

Kamren Curl

Ryan Bee

Isaiah Wright

• Kelvin Harmon & Emanuel Hall on IR

No way Kyle Allen isn't on the team week 1,Think we'll carry 3 QBs

Also pretty sure NFLPA agreement took practice squad to 12 then they extended it to 16 allow vets on for a few spots cause of Covid

45 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

No way Kyle Allen isn't on the team week 1,Think we'll carry 3 QBs

Also pretty sure NFLPA agreement took practice squad to 12 then they extended it to 16 allow vets on for a few spots cause of Covid

Allen is there, he’s the back up to Haskins. I didn’t finish with the practice squad. Yeah, you’re right, I need to add 6 guys I think there.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Allen is there, he’s the back up to Haskins. I didn’t finish with the practice squad. Yeah, you’re right, I need to add 6 guys I think there.

well sorry,for some reason in my quick reading I read that as Alex Smith instead of Allen,Smith

• 3 weeks later...

He did this three days ago, obviously before Adrian Peterson was cut, but Matt’s 53-man roster projection was:

OFFENSE:

QB: Haskins, Kyle Allen, Alex Smith

RB: Peterson, Gibson, Love, McKissic, Barber

LT: Christian, Charles

LG: Schweitzer

C : Roullier, Keith Ismael

RG: Scherff, Martin

RT: Moses, Lucas

TE: Thomas, Baugh, Sprinkle 

WR: McClaurin, AGG

WR: Inman, CamSims

Slot: Steven Sims

DEFENSE:

RDE: Sweat, Anderson

UT: Jon Allen, Ioannidis

NT: Payne, Settle

LDE: Young, Kerrigan

SLB: T. Davis, Holcomb

MLB: Bostic, SDH

WLB: KPL, Foster, Hudson

RCB: Fuller, Moreland, Stroman 

LCB: Darby, Moreau

SS: Collins, Everett, Curl

FS: Apke, Sean Davis

SPECIAL TEAMS:

K: Hopkins

P: Way

LS: Sundberg

I changed my prediction on the first page w/ Peterson cut. I added Hentges & Quinn to have a 4th TE & 6th WR.

We could also keep David Sharpe the OT we just traded for as our 4th OT w/ Charles not being able to participate the last few weeks of practice they feel they may need to do that. 

Or, they could keep the veteran corner Aaron Colvin over Hentges or Quinn so they’d have 6 corners.

What do you all think?

Edited by turtle28

Could see them cutting Cam Sims keep Sharpe on roster after trading the IR to return(Get unlimited this year I think) Charles on monday when 53 is official and resign Cam then

Think we keep another DB to since Fuller been missing Practice most likely Curl,but if Curl beat out Sean Davis could see in being a CB like Colvin or Johnson

Just now, lavar703 said:

I just do not understand keeping Alex Smith and then keeping him on the active roster. God this team is dumb. 

Money is the biggest thing think it cost us over 8 mil this year to cut him,which then effect the # that rolls over to next year and cost us that again,when after the season we can cut him for free.

Also he's a good mentor in the room for Haskins so when it saves money to keep him why not

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just do not understand keeping Alex Smith and then keeping him on the active roster. God this team is dumb. 

It costs $9 million to cut Alex. It’s a good PR move to keep him for an organization  that needs good PR as opposed to all the bad PR they’ve had this entire offseason and for seasons past.

8 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Could see them cutting Cam Sims keep Sharpe on roster after trading the IR to return(Get unlimited this year I think) Charles on monday when 53 is official and resign Cam then

Think we keep another DB to since Fuller been missing Practice most likely Curl,but if Curl beat out Sean Davis could see in being a CB like Colvin or Johnson

Has Curl been playing that well where Sean Davis is in jeopardy of not making the team? I hadn’t heard that.

I can definitely see Colvin being kept as a 6th corner. With how much teams pass nowadays, keeping a 6th corner might be more important than keeping a 4th TE, but I hope Hentges makes it. I like his potential, he showed well towards the end of last year.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Has Curl been playing that well where Sean Davis is in jeopardy of not making the team? I hadn’t heard that.

I can definitely see Colvin being kept as a 6th corner. With how much teams pass nowadays, keeping a 6th corner might be more important than keeping a 4th TE, but I hope Hentges makes it. I like his potential, he showed well towards the end of last year.

Curl has like 4 or 5 picks in camp havn't heard Davis mentioned hardly at all,so wouldn't shock me if the Curl.

Also looks like Ryan Anderson is prob getting cut or traded

11 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Curl has like 4 or 5 picks in camp havn't heard Davis mentioned hardly at all,so wouldn't shock me if the Curl.

Also looks like Ryan Anderson is prob getting cut or traded

Wow, that’s awesome that Curl is showing that well. That’s probably why Matt Paradas has them keeping Curl as a 5th safety.

Ugh, that sucks if Anderson is cut or traded. I liked what he showed the end of last year. I really thought he made some good plays when he took over for Kerrigan after he was hurt. He surprisingly led the team in forced fumbles with 5 despite only starting 4 games.

If Anderson is cut, that’s probably good news for Jordan Brailford, he’s had a good camp from what I’ve heard. Then, there’s also Williams-Smith who Rivera actually drafted as opposed to the other two, and he may keep his own guy over those he’s inheriting where he can.

Edited by turtle28

15 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm not if I like only rolling with 4 WRs. I get the strategy and understand the need to keep more at other areas and the fact that a 5th WR is not going to see the field much (so maybe that is why), I'm just worried that any injury to one of those 4 is not good if we're trying to win games this year.

Not really sure where I'm going with this except to say:

TL:DR - I get why we're only running 4 WRs. I just am a little worried that we have so few.

I don’t know if you missed it or not - maybe bc it’s smaller after I edited my post - but I have S. Sims as the starting slot WR w/ Quinn being his back up. 

I added a “Slot WR” category for Sims & Quinn. I have us keeping 6 WRs.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t know if you missed it or not - maybe bc it’s smaller after I edited my post - but I have S. Sims as the starting slot WR w/ Quinn being his back up. 

I added a “Slot WR” category for Sims & Quinn. I have us keeping 6 WRs.

I did initially. Thanks. Some of the other ones listed had that eliminated or I just saw Sims twice without Quinn added. So that is much better!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I did initially. Thanks. Some of the other ones listed had that eliminated or I just saw Sims twice without Quinn added. So that is much better!

Oh, the one I posted on this page is what Matt Paradas from the Washington Times predicted. My prediction is on the first page and it’s what ovfd55 quoted.

• Like 1