Washington 53 man Roster Projection After Adrian Peterson Cut

turtle28

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It costs $9 million to cut Alex. It’s a good PR move to keep him for an organization  that needs good PR as opposed to all the bad PR they’ve had this entire offseason and for seasons past.

Then put him on IR. Taking up a roster spot with a guy who can’t play is absurd. I don’t care about the PR aspect. We just cut a legendary RB to keep Peyton Barber so obviously we aren’t concerned about the PR. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Then put him on IR. Taking up a roster spot with a guy who can’t play is absurd. I don’t care about the PR aspect. We just cut a legendary RB to keep Peyton Barber so obviously we aren’t concerned about the PR. 

Doesn’t IR mean that Alex can’t be around the team for practice to help develop and teach the young guys? I don’t think players on IR can participate in practice or be around it.

We didn’t cut Peterson to keep Peyton Barber. We cut Peterson to feature Antonio Gibson. Peterson hasn’t shown the ability to be a humble back up. If we had kept him he was going to be starting, they like Gibson better for all of the different things this offense does with it’s running backs. 

Another issue is that Peterson doesn’t play special teams. When a guy doesn’t play special teams he creates roster numbers issues. 

So, there’s multiple reasons why Peterson was cut, it’s not bc they wanted to keep Barber over him, it’s more that they had to for special teams reasons.

It is what it is man, instead of complaining about everything all the time, you’re going to have to learn to accept it and listen to Rivera as to why he’s making the moves he’s making instead of always thinking everything a coach does is the wrong thing. I honestly don’t know how you get by with being so frustrated and mad all the time. 

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Doesn’t IR mean that Alex can’t be around the team for practice to help develop and teach the young guys? I don’t think players on IR can participate in practice or be around it.

We didn’t cut Peterson to keep Peyton Barber. We cut Peterson to feature Antonio Gibson. Peterson hasn’t shown the ability to be a humble back up. If we had kept him he was going to be starting, they like Gibson better for all of the different things this offense does with it’s running backs. 

Another issue is that Peterson doesn’t play special teams. When a guy doesn’t play special teams he creates roster numbers issues. 

So, there’s multiple reasons why Peterson was cut, it’s not bc they wanted to keep Barber over him, it’s more that they had to for special teams reasons.

It is what it is man, instead of complaining about everything all the time, you’re going to have to learn to accept it and listen to Rivera as to why he’s making the moves he’s making instead of always thinking everything a coach does is the wrong thing. I honestly don’t know how you get by with being so frustrated and mad all the time. 

If Ron Rivera is cutting starters because they don’t play special teams in an era when special teams is being phased out then his tenure will be short lived. All of his moves, with the exception of the obvious in Chase Young have made this team worse. We were 3-13 and somehow have a worse roster. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

If Ron Rivera is cutting starters because they don’t play special teams in an era when special teams is being phased out then his tenure will be short lived. All of his moves, with the exception of the obvious in Chase Young have made this team worse. We were 3-13 and somehow have a worse roster. 

On paper we may have a worse roster, but with better coaching and the development of Haskins, Terry, S.Sims & our young defensive players, I think we’ll have a better season this year. Not a lot better, but 2 or 3 wins better.  Trust the process of building a young team through a few years of drafting and developing. I know it’s weird for us Washington fans but to me it seems that we are finally building a team the right way with a plan. We started to do that in 2015 w/ McCloughan but Bruce forced him out.

Process Trust GIF by INTO ACTION

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

On paper we may have a worse roster, but with better coaching and the development of Haskins, Terry, S.Sims & our young defensive players, I think we’ll have a better season this year. Not a lot better, but 2 or 3 wins better.  Trust the process of building a young team through a few years of drafting and developing. I know it’s weird for us Washington fans but to me it seems that we are finally building a team the right way with a plan. We started to do that in 2015 w/ McCloughan but Bruce forced him out.

Process Trust GIF by INTO ACTION

We’ve been building through the draft since basically 2012. We haven’t been big players in free agency for years. If we’re rebuilding and that’s clearly what it looks like, why are we keeping Alex Smith on the 53 and not trading away Scherff and Kerrigan? Why in the world did we bring in 38-year old Thomas Davis?

And what we’ve given Haskins is basically nothing so the odds of us ending up picking first overall have to be extremely high. You know what that means. Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself but this roster, save for the outstanding DL talent is just devoid of talent. It looks like Rivera is setting himself up for Lawrence in my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We’ve been building through the draft since basically 2012. We haven’t been big players in free agency for years. If we’re rebuilding and that’s clearly what it looks like, why are we keeping Alex Smith on the 53 and not trading away Scherff and Kerrigan? Why in the world did we bring in 38-year old Thomas Davis?

And what we’ve given Haskins is basically nothing so the odds of us ending up picking first overall have to be extremely high. You know what that means. Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself but this roster, save for the outstanding DL talent is just devoid of talent. It looks like Rivera is setting himself up for Lawrence in my opinion. 

100% agreed. The Coach is setting the Team up in Position for the #1 pick. If people are fine with that, just say it but don't go downing the Player's for the actions of the HC and roster builder.

This Offense is not even set up for a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Drew Brees to succeed in. Admit that and just say you want Lawrence.

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

100% agreed. The Coach is setting the Team up in Position for the #1 pick. If people are fine with that, just say it but don't go downing the Player's for the actions of the HC and roster builder.

This Offense is not even set up for a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Drew Brees to succeed in. Admit that and just say you want Lawrence.

Admit that I want Lawrence? I’m 100% in on Haskins. He’s my guy. I’m not the worlds biggest fan of Lawrence. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Admit that I want Lawrence? I’m 100% in on Haskins. He’s my guy. I’m not the worlds biggest fan of Lawrence. 

Not saying you. I'm saying anyone who can't admit Rivera might be setting the Team in position to draft Lawrence.

I want Fans to admit this offense is set up for Failure with no starting scorer on it. It has 1 reliable target in a Second Year Mclaruin, that's it. We are hoping Gibson adds something more. We are hoping Sims Jr becomes more of a weapon. Hope doesn't bring wins. 

Edited by Skins212689

53 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yes but we were building through the draft with Bruce Allen being our GM/Team President for all of those years and having final say on the roster except in 2013, 15 & 16 and from 2014-2019 w/ Jay Gruden as our HC.

Kyle Smith & Ron are better talent evaluators and decision makers then Bruce & Ron Rivera is a better decision maker & HC to develop players than Jay Gruden on the roster.

Haskins can look good w/ some of the other pieces not looking as good on offense. Meaning, if our Ol gets blown up on a play, that shows up on tape and the coaches won’t blame Haskins. If a WR doesn’t get open, drops a pass or runs a bad or wrong route that leads to a Haskins mistake, that will also show up on the tape. They should be able to decipher those things, and if they can’t they shouldn’t be in charge of a football roster.

Edited by turtle28

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yes but we were building through the draft with Bruce Allen being our GM/Team President for all of those years and having final say on the roster except in 2013, 15 & 16 and from 2014-2019 w/ Jay Gruden as our HC.

Kyle Smith & Ron are better talent evaluators and decision makers then Bruce & Ron Rivera is a better decision maker & HC to develop players than Jay Gruden on the roster.

Haskins can look good w/ some of the other pieces not looking as good on offense. Meaning, if our Ol gets blown up on a play, that shows up on tape and the coaches won’t blame Haskins. If a WR doesn’t get open, drops a pass or runs a bad or wrong route that leads to a Haskins mistake, that will also show up on the tape. They should be able to decipher those things, and if they can’t they shouldn’t be in charge of a football roster.

Coming from the same guy who can't give individual goals for the the QB with what he has to work with. What are Haskins individual goals in this offense? What would be Lawrence individual goals with this offense?

I can tell you what I expect from Chase Young with a Defense loaded with guys like Sweat, Payne, Allen, Kerrigan, and Matt around him at least 10 sacks this season if healthy for 16 games. I expect that because he's a top 3 draft pick plus has help. Now if he didn't have those guys beside him I could understand a 5 sack season and the Team still drafting top 5 and us looking to add to the D not replace Young. 

Yet with Haskins Your Philosophy is replace him because they are in position to get Lawrence. While ignoring the lack of Help Haskins has on Offense. 

Your oppose to signing Kamara next off-season to give Haskins a reliable pass catching and running option out of the back field because you say it cost too much. You have no answers to put this team in position to win a Super Bowl accept doing some of the same things that have failed this franchise for years. Inconsistency! 

Edited by Skins212689

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Coming from the same guy who can't give individual goals for the the QB with what he has to work with. What are Haskins individual goals in this offense? What would be Lawrence individual goals with this offense?

I can tell you what I expect from Chase Young with a Defense loaded with guys like Sweat, Payne, Allen, Kerrigan, and Matt around him at least 10 sacks this season if healthy for 16 games. I expect that because he's a top 3 draft pick plus has help. Now if he didn't have those guys beside him I could understand a 5 sack season and the Team still drafting top 5 and us looking to add to the D not replace Young. 

Yet with Haskins Your Philosophy is replace him because they are in position to get Lawrence. While ignoring the lack of Help Haskins has on Offense. 

Your oppose to signing Kamara next off-season to give Haskins a reliable pass catching and running option out of the back field because you say it cost too much. You have no answers to put this team in position to win a Super Bowl accept doing some of the same things that have failed this franchise for years. Inconsistency! 

I did a stat prediction thread months ago Haskins included. You can look through the pages to find it if you want, I’ll look for it too but I’d love to update it given who made the team.

I’ve loved Haskins since high school, I live 20 minutes from Bullis and I’m an Ohio State fan. You’re not going to catch me hating Haskins too much unless he’s truly awful and even then you’ll see me say, “Well, he can still get better and I want to see what he can do.”

I said that about Haskins last year when he didn’t play well in his first few games while others were giving up on him/not believing in him. I wanted Haskins to start week 1 instead of wasting our time with Case freakin Keenum. I felt & still do that Gruden was holding Haskins back bc Gruden didn’t want to draft him; Snyder & Allen wanted Haskins, not Jay.

You’re trying to peg me as something I’m not, and it’s beyond annoying. Please stop it.

Edited by turtle28

Rivera wants to win. If he wanted Trevor. He would have had sense enough to trade Young for multiple picks to ensure he got Trevor. Cant bank on the 1st pick when teams like the Jags and Detroit are doing everything possible to lose.

Rivera is just a crappy coach is all it really is. 3 winning seasons, 6 losing seasons. And his only winning ones he lived off a healthy Cam. He was fired 9 months ago because he sucked. And somehow in less time than it takes to have a baby. People think he should be making all the right moves, producing a winning team, heading in the right direction to the promise land of a Super Bowl in a couple years. When he was just fired months ago for losing to our crappy team to begin with.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Rivera wants to win. If he wanted Trevor. He would have had sense enough to trade Young for multiple picks to ensure he got Trevor. Cant bank on the 1st pick when teams like the Jags and Detroit are doing everything possible to lose.

Rivera is just a crappy coach is all it really is. 3 winning seasons, 6 losing seasons. And his only winning ones he lived off a healthy Cam. He was fired 9 months ago because he sucked. And somehow in less time than it takes to have a baby. People think he should be making all the right moves, producing a winning team, heading in the right direction to the promise land of a Super Bowl in a couple years. When he was just fired months ago for losing to our crappy team to begin with.

I mean, not all of us wanted Rivera and there’s a few of us who question why he was given all this power like he’s the second coming of Gibbs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, not all of us wanted Rivera and there’s a few of us who question why he was given all this power like he’s the second coming of Gibbs. 

I can answer why Rivera was given Gibbs type power. Gibbs talked to Snyder about hiring Rivera and convinced Snyder it would be a great move for Snyder to hire Rivera bc he was the type of guy Snyder needed to fix the organization and to lead it as a HC in his organization. Gibbs then sold Rivera on Snyder. Then, Rivera and Snyder met and Snyder gave Rivera what he wanted in order for Rivera to come here, fix the crappy culture and to try to build a winning football team and a winning culture.

So, if you don’t like Rivera and the power he has as far as I’m concerned you should blame Joe Gibbs for that bc he advised Snyder about Rivera in the first place.

Edited by turtle28