Washington 53 man Roster Projection After Adrian Peterson Cut

turtle28

26 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

While understandable you can still add talent through free agency. Hooper is one of the best young TEs in the league and we went with a 29-year old QB convert instead. And it would make sense if we were cheaping out to pay our own guys but instead we traded Dunbar and Williams. Let Flowers walk and refuse to negotiate with Scherff. You can’t just not infuse your team with talent. I mean, they could’ve got OJ Howard for Williams but blew that trade too. We just seen like a team that has no idea what they want to do? 

With Fans who don't get that and will argue with other's about the dumb decisions this Franchise is making. 

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

While understandable you can still add talent through free agency. Hooper is one of the best young TEs in the league and we went with a 29-year old QB convert instead. And it would make sense if we were cheaping out to pay our own guys but instead we traded Dunbar and Williams. Let Flowers walk and refuse to negotiate with Scherff. You can’t just not infuse your team with talent. I mean, they could’ve got OJ Howard for Williams but blew that trade too. We just seen like a team that has no idea what they want to do? 

Agreed. For me, the best way to rebuild the roster is mostly through the draft. But you HAVE to go out and add some pieces here and there to augment your team.

As for cheaping out on our own guys, I'm with you on that. We need to offer contracts that are reasonable and show we value them. And especially in an offseason where we didn't sign many FAs we needed to lock up our guys long-term.

But the silver lining here is that the cap may go down next year (unless that has changed in the last 3 weeks), and we might've avoided a cap problem by waiting to extend guys like Scherff

Paying out $110-120 million in guaranteed money to 3 players in year one of a rebuild doesn’t make much sense to me, especially when you have a lot of young drafted talent that will be coming up for new deals starting next year.

Paying $25 mil a year for the guard positions makes absolutely no sense to me at all. I’ll agree they could’ve gotten a better LG option that Scherwieitzer, but remember we are switching to a ZBS system and he has experience starting at both guard and RT in that blocking scheme.

I also just thought I’d this, but I don’t think Ereck Flowers is a good fit in the ZBS blocking scheme and especially not while having to pay him $9 plus mil a year over the next 3 years as a test case to see if he could do it.

It sucked to lose Flowers, it’s sucked not to get Cooper and/or Hooper but I’m excited to see what the young guys can do, particularly Steven Sims.

Edited by turtle28

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

She’s clarifying what the coach said because a lot of people on Twitter are throwing temper tantrums like toddlers bc we didn’t sign or claim a veteran WR. So, she’s reminding them that coach Rivera said both Gibson & McKissic will also see time as receivers this year. So, that’s like having 7 options at WR plus we have Cam Sims on the Practice Squad.

It seems responsible for her to do that and an improvement over the last person who had that job.

So, you support Rivera’s vision for rebuilding the team? That’s great! Best news of the day!

I wouldn't even worry about what some of the mouthbreathers on Twitter say.  Not really sure why she needs to get into who plays the X or Y, and why Rivera just didn't say that, but I digress.  

I've said this for years in regards to this team.  I support what Rivera is doing, because it's needed to happen since Gibbs 2.0, but I am still not sure he is the man for the job as far as beyond coaching is concerned.  

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I don't see Hooper being as good as some, and I was really concerned he was a product of the Atlanta offense and having some massive weapons alongside him.  He's the fourth option with Matt Ryan throwing him the football.  In Washington, he would be the #2 option with a young, developing QB instead.  Signing him would have set the record for TE contracts, and I just don't think Hooper is that guy.  I didn't even think Cooper, with concerns around his hands and focus, was worth the money either.  

I wish we did get Howard or another TE in a trade, that is for sure.  But I also understand the need to set a culture, which would be really hard to do if we handed out a couple huge guaranteed contracts, to both FAs as well as our own guys without knowing how they will adapt to this.  This kind of culture swing, from Club Jay to Rivera, is going to be almost like going back to college, and not a lot of guys with FA options would want to come here either.  

12 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I wouldn't even worry about what some of the mouthbreathers on Twitter say.  Not really sure why she needs to get into who plays the X or Y, and why Rivera just didn't say that, but I digress.  

I've said this for years in regards to this team.  I support what Rivera is doing, because it's needed to happen since Gibbs 2.0, but I am still not sure he is the man for the job as far as beyond coaching is concerned.  

I think we have to remember where she came from. Unlike guys like Larry Michael etc who are more play by play guys, Julie came from NBC Sports Washington and is used to learning from former players about what’s going on during the plays etc. I don’t think it’s a big deal for her to do it at all. I think it’s rather easy for her bc of her sources and plethora of former players she knows and can talk to and of course the coaches.