Post Your Hindsight Draft

Packerraymond

We make one of these every year and a lot of them usually contain a majority of the picks we actually made because we talk ourselves into them. This year probably won't be the case lol. Here's the Packers 2020 draft if I was in charge.

Round 1 30: Ross Blacklock DT TCU: I'll never fault a team for taking a QB and I won't fault Gute for it. It's 1 year too soon for me to have done it if I was in charge. Being good makes the draft suck, the board at 30 had 0 players I was excited for. Blacklock was BPA at the premiums to me (not including Love who I did have as the 20th best player in the draft). He's got a chance to be a good pocket collapsing DL.

Round 2: Josh Jones OT Houston: The first time the draft gave us value, Jones was my 28th best player and he was there at 62. Seemed like a gift to me. Gute and LaFleur thought otherwise.

Round 3: Terrell Burgress DB Utah: Board kind of sucked here too. I had an early 3 grade on Burgress. Slot/S type, like his game. Would've made it so we didn't need Tramon back.

Round 4: Brycen Hopkins TE Purdue: Can respect what LaFleur sees in Josiah that makes him a better fit. Hopkins is a lot of what Jace already is, but that's the kind of mold of TE I like, so I would've made this pick.

Round 5 Donovan Peoples-Jones WR Michigan: I didn't like DJP, gave him a late 4th round grade which was significantly lower than most. Turns out the NFL doesn't like DPJ either. Was worth a 5th to me.

Round 6 Jon Runyan OL Michigan: Bloodlines and good workout numbers, two things I'll always draft.

Round 6 Prince Tago Wanagho OT Auburn: Medical red flag I imagine, still, I liked his tape and thought he was a 3rd rounder. Worth a shot this late.

Round 6: KJ Hill WR OSU: Had a 4th round grade on Hill, he separates, not sure what our staff didn't like here as we had multiple "good value" cracks at him. Or that at this point the anti WR troll was in full effect and they just didn't want to take one.

Round 7: Raymond Calais RB Louisiana: Calais is pretty much like Ervin, always like having that mold around.

Round 7 Jonathan Garvin EDGE Miami: Upside 7th rounders are my thing, this might've been our best pick.

I haven't looked at who we could have gotten in the other rounds past the 1st yet, but once Aiyuk was off the board, I would have switched to "trade down" mode instead of "trade up" mode. If there truly was no offer to move back, at 30, I take Pittman or Shenault. Then I get to keep our 4th round pick and potentially trade up in the 2nd round. 

I think it's safe to say that many are not pleased with the decision to once again not push all the chips to the table. So now I pose the question to all of you. Knowing what we know about which player is going where, who do you take with all of our picks?

I'm going to say:

1.30: Grant Delpit (S-LSU)

2.62: Josh Jones (OT-Houston)

3.95 McTelvin Agim (DT-Arkansas)

4.136 Tyler Johnson (WR-Minnesota)

5.175 Donovan Peoples-Jones (WR-Michigan)

6.192 Evan Weaver (ILB-Cal)

6.208 Prince Tega Wanogho (OT-Auburn)

6.209 KJ Hill (WR-Ohio State)

7.236 Nate Stanley (QB-Iowa)

7.242 Jonathan Garvin (DE-Miami)

• Like 2

Draft

1: Stay Put!!! D’Andre Swift RB/Weapon 

2: Jeremy Chinn S/LB 

3:  Troy Pride Jr CB

4:  Tyler Biadasz C

5: Donovan Peoples-Jones WR

6: Jon Runyon OL

6: KJ Hill WR 

6: Eno Benjamin RB

7:  Tommie Stevens QB

7: Jonathan Garvin DE

HATED our draft. But the board didn’t fall great either but looking back I would have done this. 

1:30  Jordan Love - Qb - if Love is not allowed then Denzel Mims WR

2:62  Justin Madibuike - DT

3:95  Lucas Niang - OT

4:136  Bryce Hall - CB - or Tyler Johnson - Wr if Love was not allowable.  This is the latest I would have waited for a WR

5:175  Justin Strnad - ILB

6:192  James Proche - WR

6:208  Prince Tega Winnebego - OT

6:209  Marcus Bailey - LB

7:236  DaneJackson - CB

7:242  Jonathan Garvin

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think it's safe to say that many are not pleased with the decision to once again not push all the chips to the table. So now I pose the question to all of you. Knowing what we know about which player is going where, who do you take with all of our picks?

I'm going to say:

1.30: Grant Delpit (S-LSU)

2.62: Josh Jones (OT-Houston)

3.95 McTelvin Agim (DT-Arkansas)

4.136 Tyler Johnson (WR-Minnesota)

5.175 Donovan Peoples-Jones (WR-Michigan)

6.192 Evan Weaver (ILB-Cal)

6.208 Prince Tega Wanogho (OT-Auburn)

6.209 KJ Hill (WR-Ohio State)

7.236 Nate Stanley (QB-Iowa)

7.242 Jonathan Garvin (DE-Miami)

I merged your thread into mine. Some similarities between ours. I thought Josh Jones was a lock at 62. That was the one slot I thought the draft gave us superb value.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cannondale said:

No one was asking to "push all in."  Drafting an OT or DL is not pushing all in. 

No DT but we didn’t draft 3 OL. We haven’t invested in OL early save for Bugs, Sherrod and Jenkins in any of the last what decade. I thought for sure a DT early but let’s hope FA still brings one in. 

Love in round 1 then I trade every pick we had this year for one round higher next year. That is the general consensus on value a year later. 

IN all seriousness, I'll trust the experts know what kind of team they are trying to build. I really hate the 2nd and 3rd round picks, but they probably turn out to be very productive players in LaFleur's offense. 

I don't really mind the picks from round 5-7. 

1 minute ago, PACKRULE said:

No DT but we didn’t draft 3 OL. We haven’t invested in OL early save for Bugs, Sherrod and Jenkins in any of the last what decade. I thought for sure a DT early but let’s hope FA still brings one in. 

Spriggs?