Seahawks release DJ Fluker & Justin Britt

Chiefer

3 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Or Everson Griffen. Or Yannick Ngakoue. As Seahawks fans have been saying, we're not done adding along the DLine. The additions to date are supplementary pieces. 

Britt was an expected cap casualty. Fluker is actually pretty surprising as a guy who has been our 2nd best linemen the last 2 years. I suppose his inability to consistently stay on the field made him expendable but I would've loved to keep him around for another year. 

• Like 1

On one hand they just released their 2 best starting offensive lineman not named Duane Brown.

On the other hand, Russell Wilson has proven literally his entire career that you can put cardboard boxes in front of him and he'll put up a 100QBR season for you. Not only that, this move should allow them to land some sort of pass rusher.

FA signee BJ Finney is probably the man to beat at Center in 2020. The team seems have been fine with Joey Hunt's play last year, albeit, I cant imagine why. Some people still cling to Ethan Pocic, but honestly he is just leftover Tom Cable baggage at this point. Cant imagine he survives into the season. Jamarco Jones played his best at G in spot duty last year. Maybe better served as a 4 position back up. 

2019 4th Rounder Phil Haynes started 2019 on the PUP, ended up starting in the playoffs at LG and played decent to fine. 

2020 3rd pick Forklift in Shoulder Pads, Damien "Not Captain Winters" Lewis barring injury, is going to the starting RG.

Mike Iupati was brought back, and a wild card is Jordan Simmons. Missed all of 2019, but Seattle averaged 218 yards rushing in games he started in 2018 (only 3 ).

Seattle fans dreams say that 12 million goes to Clowney, a betting man would say money for additional depth at DT and DE.

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Thankfully I think after this season we won't be in such a hole. Bridgewater and Bradford's contracts really hurt us for a while.

I honestly dont keep close track of other teams cap situations. You certainly had an influx of talent in this draft. How they pan out? Thats always a crapshoot for every team...but we know it wont help you win the NFCN. I mean, thats a given right? :)

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

I honestly dont keep close track of other teams cap situations. You certainly had an influx of talent in this draft. How they pan out? Thats always a crapshoot for every team...but we know it wont help you win the NFCN. I mean, thats a given right? :)

Given how headscratching this draft was for GB, I'd say its a much more open competition.

But Minnesota will be relying on a lot more unproven talent this season. While I see us being competitive, I wouldn't exactly call us favorites for the North.

10 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Are the Saints shopping Warford?

Shopping might be a strong word... but I’m sure they’d move him if they got an offer

We’ve got Peat at LG, rookie center Ruiz is allegedly seen as a Day 1 starter by Payton, McCoy stepped into the league as a high end center and will be moving to RG. 

Warford is the odd man out.