2020 Off-Season Workouts Thread

KingOfNewYork

1 minute ago, Abe56 said:

Q gonna make a lot of people regret their words one day

Just looking at him last season, it was obvious he wasn't in the shape he needed to be.. Hopefully it was a "Welcome to the NFL" realization for him. A lot of people seem to have forgotten how dominate his college tape was. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Think the biggest thing for Darnold from a physical standpoint is that he becomes more consistent with his foot work. Too many times last year he was throwing off his back foot whether pressure was there or not which imo is why his deep ball has been so inconsistent.

Which our new oline should help with.

12 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Just looking at him last season, it was obvious he wasn't in the shape he needed to be.. Hopefully it was a "Welcome to the NFL" realization for him. A lot of people seem to have forgotten how dominate his college tape was. 

It was dominate though for only 1 season.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It was dominate though for only 1 season.

That's true..

Last season it seemed like he embraced that "Underclassman" role from the start - Goofy/immature/innocent, not necessarily in a bad way (The media loved it) but I always thought he needed to grow up a little and be more assertive. I think if he can take that next step off the field, starting with the weight room, we'll see a huge jump in year two. 

• Like 1

Im confident Q gets right and becomes a great DT, seems like his injury last year bothered him and never was able to get over it, hopefully the time off and another year in the scheme will make people regret doubting him. 

• 1 month later...

I hope this workout that he has put together this weekend they do another time as well. But I do love these guys building that bond with each other. Its huge for success.

Side note... I had no clue that Cager and Darnold were HS teammates. 

• Like 1

Darnold is a very accurate QB, he'll end up being a QB that regularly throws for over 67%. 

His ball placement is usually very good and he can make weird throws not many can. You saw him effortlessly tossing that ball where the WR had to do little. Then you see Kyle Allen not look nearly as smooth and throw it a bit high. 

Darnold is gonna be a star soon. 

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Darnold is a very accurate QB, he'll end up being a QB that regularly throws for over 67%. 

His ball placement is usually very good and he can make weird throws not many can. You saw him effortlessly tossing that ball where the WR had to do little. Then you see Kyle Allen not look nearly as smooth and throw it a bit high. 

Darnold is gonna be a star soon. 

Except for his deep ball. He's terrible at keeping his WR's in stride, but could be a velocity issue more than an accuracy one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Except for his deep ball. He's terrible at keeping his WR's in stride, but could be a velocity issue more than an accuracy one.

All about his foot work. Every time I watch him throw deep he ends up throwing it off his back foot. Once he corrects this his deep ball accuracy will get much better

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

All about his foot work. Every time I watch him throw deep he ends up throwing it off his back foot. Once he corrects this his deep ball accuracy will get much better

Is it just me or did his footwork, especially throwing deep, seem to regress last season? Recency bias is likely to blame, just a thought. 

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

Is it just me or did his footwork, especially throwing deep, seem to regress last season? Recency bias is likely to blame, just a thought. 

It did but I think it was because he was punch drunk due to the pressure he was facing early on. The Pats game it was so obvious, dude had time at certain points and was still throwing off his back foot.

• Like 2