Who Will Hold the Passing Records in 10 years?

RandyMossIsBoss

Who will own the passing records in 10 years?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Passing Yards

• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Matt Ryan
    • Aaron Rodgers
  2. 2. Passing TDs

• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Matt Ryan

Drew Brees is the current record holder for both yards and TDs.

Passing Yards: 77,416

Passing TDs: 547

Drew Brees is 41, turns 42 next January. Has played 19 NFL seasons and 275 games.

Tom Brady is 42, turns 43 in August. Has played 20 NFL seasons and 285 games. Has thrown for 74,751 yards and 541 TDs.

Aaron Rodgers is 36, turns 37 in December. Has played 15 NFL seasons and 181 games. Has thrown for 46,946 yards and 364 TDs.

Matt Ryan is 34, turns 35 in a few weeks. Has played 12 NFL seasons and 189 games. Has thrown for 51,186 yards and 321 TDs.

I think as long as Ryan stays around as long as Brees and Brady does he will get the yards record but i don't see him getting the TD record.   Brees has the highest ypg  of the 4 at 280 Ryan is number 2 at 270.  Ryan has the highest yards per season though at 4265 to Brees 4074.   If Ryan avg's his 4265 over 19 seasons which with a non mobile QB that doesn't require a big arm is very possible he would reach 81,000+ yards

I think brees plays 1 more season and i think brady plays 2 to 3 more seasons this to me will be the difference in Breed and Brady's TD numbers with Brady taking over the total TD leadership and none of the other 3 guys catching him on it.

Edited by FalconFan13

The QB who doesn't retire 1st between Brees and Brady. If Brady plays 1 more season then Drew, him. If not, Brees.

Both Rodgers and Ryan would have to average 4,000 yds and 30TD a season into their early 40's. Not sure either plays that long. 

Rodgers probably doesn't break any of the all-time volume records, just due to the fact that he likely won't have as many years played (starting) as Brees and Brady, who both were able to play as a starter at a younger age and both likely will retire later in their lives than he will. 

His career INT% record likely stands a lot longer, depending on the required minimum volume standard. Even that is likely eventually broken though, given the trend in interceptions falling league-wide, with rule changes etc. I even think that someone in the next 20 years will come along and play a full (great) season without throwing an INT,  hell, Rodgers has almost done it a couple of times. 

His 2011 Single Season Passer Rating record will fall eventually too, for the same reasons as above. But it's going to still stick around for a while. It's just hard to string together a full season of play that good. 

Edited by Coffee & Contemplation

I don't think Stafford or Ryan will be given the opportunity to play that long to be honest. Especially Stafford. It just seems like he has takening a beating. At the end of the day I think Brady will have all the records do to Brees retiring earlier.

On 4/27/2020 at 10:54 AM, Blackstar12 said:

One guy that isn’t mentioned is Matthew Stafford assuming he plays into his 40s. I don’t know about passing TDs but I could see his being near the top at passing yards.

I agree. Right now Stafford has 256 TDs and 41,025 yds. Probably will not get there with the TDs but passing yards I can see. He is only 32 so I think he has a good 6-7 years left and has averaged over 4,000 yds passing a season for his career.