2021 early watching list

paul-mac

Does next years WR class compare to this years? Chase is as good as anyone who came out this year, Waddle and Smith are your annual Bama studs, Ross is your annual Clemson stud, then you have guys like Rashod Bateman who is outstanding, Rondale Moore, Tylan Wallace, Seth Williams, Tamorrion Terry, Sage Surratt, and then Tyler Vaughns and Amon-Ra St. Brown from USC.

Edited by Bullet Club

6 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

His 247 profile says he's 220 right now so he'll need to fill out more but man, the kid is serious off the edge. He looks great!

He was 220 as a high school junior, i'll be surprised if he doesn't play this year closer to 240 and is in the 250's by the time he sees the field as a college freshman.  He has plenty of frame to pack on muscle without slowing down.

6 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

He was 220 as a high school junior, i'll be surprised if he doesn't play this year closer to 240 and is in the 250's by the time he sees the field as a college freshman.  He has plenty of frame to pack on muscle without slowing down.

I haven't seen him enough to say that but we can only assume that be true b/c that's basically what happens to kids his age lol. He's going to have some competition on that side though w/ Adeleye and especially if we snag Tuimolau as well. Whew.... that could become one of our best lines ever. Scary to think

Even though nobody cares about he PAC-12, here are some Washington Huskies to track :

The Favorites

DL Levi Onwuzuike SR - Interesting prospect. 1st Team All Pac-12 without bulk stats. Testament to how highly regarded he is by coaches and opposing teams. Inside - Outside guy that is probably scheme dependent at the next level. 

DB Elijah Molden SR - Dude is just all over the field. Spends most of his time on the inside, and plays a lot around the LOS, making plays. Have seen 1 or 2 draftniks already placing him as high as a day 2 pick. 

OG Jaxson Kirkland Jr   - Massive Mauler (6'7 322). Has started since day 1 of his RS Freshman year.

The Wildcards

DB Keith Taylor Sr. - Has the length teams LOVE (6'3) for a boundary CB. Exploded on the scene in his Soph year, but had some issues last year. If he can get some consistency and clean up his tackling, he could shoot up draft boards. UW DB's certainly have a pedagree

EDGE Joe Tryon Jr - Flashed some intriguing talent as a Stand Up edge rusher. Has the size teams love (6'5 260). 8 sacks and 12.5 tackles for loss in his first full season.

TE Cade Otton Jr - A do everything TE (Inline, Outside, H). Probably still a year away from actually declaring

The bulk of UW 2020 key contributors are going to be Freshman and Sophomores, so there might not be many 2021 prospects to watch. 2022 could be really interesting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, animaltested said:

Even though nobody cares about he PAC-12, here are some Washington Huskies to track :

The Favorites

DL Levi Onwuzuike SR - Interesting prospect. 1st Team All Pac-12 without bulk stats. Testament to how highly regarded he is by coaches and opposing teams. Inside - Outside guy that is probably scheme dependent at the next level. 

DB Elijah Molden SR - Dude is just all over the field. Spends most of his time on the inside, and plays a lot around the LOS, making plays. Have seen 1 or 2 draftniks already placing him as high as a day 2 pick. 

OG Jaxson Kirkland Jr   - Massive Mauler (6'7 322). Has started since day 1 of his RS Freshman year.

The Wildcards

DB Keith Taylor Sr. - Has the length teams LOVE (6'3) for a boundary CB. Exploded on the scene in his Soph year, but had some issues last year. If he can get some consistency and clean up his tackling, he could shoot up draft boards. UW DB's certainly have a pedagree

EDGE Joe Tryon Jr - Flashed some intriguing talent as a Stand Up edge rusher. Has the size teams love (6'5 260). 8 sacks and 12.5 tackles for loss in his first full season.

TE Cade Otton Jr - A do everything TE (Inline, Outside, H). Probably still a year away from actually declaring

The bulk of UW 2020 key contributors are going to be Freshman and Sophomores, so there might not be many 2021 prospects to watch. 2022 could be really interesting. 

Molden I really like if he continues to improve off last year.  Good versatile DB who can do a variety of things, his versatility as a potential safety is interesting since he can play in the slot.  Onwuzurike needs to take his game to the next level, so far in his career he is just ok, he needs to become great.  Can cause problems but has yet to become really elite but the Pac-12 has weak DL overall so he gets ranked high than maybe he should.  If he does not improve he is probably a late round pick or a UDFA.  Has the size and athletic ability just needs much more production I think.

Taylor I think has a ton of upside and potential, love his size and he could become something this year.  Tryon has more upside than Levi I feel.  Tyron is more productive obviously in terms of pass rusher and has more upside as well.  Otton should get a ton of more targets this year with Bryant gone, a TE I thought was overrated because he is just a slow receiver playing TE.  Otton actually has size and ability, wish they got him the ball more last year but this year he will have his chance.

Was an odd draft for Washington, I thought Myles Bryant should have been drafted with his slot corner ability and was a UDFA, and Trey Adams should have been selected.  Sure his combine was crap but hard to ignore his history as a highly rated player that has played at a high level for a long time.  But I am no doctor, maybe he is physically shot but I would not be surprised if he makes the Bills roster and starts in the NFL at some point.

If there is a season this year, this up coming season will tell a lot about that program.  Next HC and honestly not much talent overall on the roster compared to years past.  Receiver position is weak, OL is weak, RB position is weak.  Maybe Curne at OT can be something but has a long ways to go and QB who knows.  Even on D is very inexperienced outside of Taylor, Holden, Levi and Tryon.  With Peterson at HC one always knew they would compete and have solid players, Lake is a great coach but will see if he can be as consistent as Peterson was fielding a solid team year in and year out.  

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

If there is a season this year, this up coming season will tell a lot about that program.  Next HC and honestly not much talent overall on the roster compared to years past.  Receiver position is weak, OL is weak, RB position is weak.  Maybe Curne at OT can be something but has a long ways to go and QB who knows.  Even on D is very inexperienced outside of Taylor, Holden, Levi and Tryon.  With Peterson at HC one always knew they would compete and have solid players, Lake is a great coach but will see if he can be as consistent as Peterson was fielding a solid team year in and year out.  

WR position is going to be interesting. Bunch of 4 Star guys entering their 2nd and 3rd years. Couple of really intriguing types. Terell Bynum (Jr) and Marquis Spiker (So) are the most accomplished WR returning. Spiker at 6'3 was a reliable chain mover at time last year. Uses his body really well. Jordan Chinn (So) is a feisty vertical threat. The Wildcard is Ty Jones (Jr) returning from injury. Had flashes of dominance since his freshman year, but still needs a lot of refinement. 

At RB Richard Newton (So) is a guy I like alot. Dude runs angry and at times looked better than Savon Ahmed. 

Husky heads actually believe the 2020 defensive unit could be much better than the 2019 unit. CB Trent McDuffie (So) is a name to watch. There is argument to had in him being the best DB on the Huskies. Came in and just stole the CB position from Taylor and Gordon. 

Edited by animaltested

On 5/6/2020 at 10:04 AM, Bullet Club said:

Does next years WR class compare to this years? Chase is as good as anyone who came out this year, Waddle and Smith are your annual Bama studs, Ross is your annual Clemson stud, then you have guys like Rashod Bateman who is outstanding, Rondale Moore, Tylan Wallace, Seth Williams, Tamorrion Terry, Sage Surratt, and then Tyler Vaughns and Amon-Ra St. Brown from USC.

Youre missing Chris Olave. He is about to have a monster year at tOSU if their is a season

Edited by buno67

5 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Any potentially prolific slot receivers? Moore?

I would say these guys.

Rondale Moore Purdue JR
Jaylen Waddle Alabama JR
Chris Olave Ohio State JR
Tutu Atwell Louisville JR
Ihmir Smith-Marsette Iowa
JD Spielman Nebraska
Cade Johnson South Dakota State
Johnny Johnson III Oregon
Marquez Stevenson Houston RS
Tre Nixon UCF RS
KD Nixon Colorado
Amari Rodgers Clemson
Theo Howard Oklahoma
Damon Hazelton Missouri RS
Mike Harley Miami FL

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Chris Olave Ohio State JR

Olave has spent a lot of time on the outside at OSU. It will be interesting to see how he's perceived, whether as a slot or an X. At 6'1 and with his high point ability, I'd be surprised if he wasn't more of an outside guy at the next level.

On 5/6/2020 at 10:04 AM, Bullet Club said:

Not entirely sure how I grade out anyone after Chase, but Chase himself is easily WR1 in 2020.