Jump to content
paul-mac

2021 early watching list

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

@Ozzy, what are your thoughts on Auburn wide receivers Seth Williams and Anthony Schwartz?

Edited by HoboRocket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

@Ozzy, what are your thoughts on Auburn wide receivers Seth Williams and Anthony Schwartz?

Seth Williams I really like, he has amazing hands and is a big body receiver that can make very difficult catches.  Great jump ball receiver that has been elite for awhile.  Schwartz has potential no doubt and that track background but needs to progress a lot more and be more than just a gimmick receiver that makes plays with specific plays created for him.  Williams has 1st round talent if he reaches his potential, Schwartz is just a speed guy that has a long ways to go I feel to be considered elite.  

Either way, with this entire class it will just be hard for all of them to progress like they should because of the situation.  Who knows if there even is a season and is what 100 days or so till the season is supposed to start.  I just doubt they will all be wildly improved as players but will see even if one gets that chance to see them play this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Seth Williams I really like, he has amazing hands and is a big body receiver that can make very difficult catches.  Great jump ball receiver that has been elite for awhile.  Schwartz has potential no doubt and that track background but needs to progress a lot more and be more than just a gimmick receiver that makes plays with specific plays created for him.  Williams has 1st round talent if he reaches his potential, Schwartz is just a speed guy that has a long ways to go I feel to be considered elite.  

Either way, with this entire class it will just be hard for all of them to progress like they should because of the situation.  Who knows if there even is a season and is what 100 days or so till the season is supposed to start.  I just doubt they will all be wildly improved as players but will see even if one gets that chance to see them play this year.

I pretty much agree overall. 

I love Schwartz on-tape, though. This guy was playing with a cast on his hand and still roasted the SEC West at times with some circus catches. I like his hands, and I feel that his development has been very nice, which is a good trend. Overall, though, yeah, he's still a work in progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HoboRocket said:

I pretty much agree overall. 

I love Schwartz on-tape, though. This guy was playing with a cast on his hand and still roasted the SEC West at times with some circus catches. I like his hands, and I feel that his development has been very nice, which is a good trend. Overall, though, yeah, he's still a work in progress.

Yeah he did show some toughness for them last year, and having a true freshman QB did not help but Nix could be much improved down the road.  Schwartz is a track guy though and still has a lot of work to do, kind of like Devon Allen on Oregon a few years back.  Great first season, track guy but then never really took his game to another level.  Those smaller slot guys need to really standout or they will just be lost in the shuffle.  Jalen McCleskey showed promise on Ok State, had a 800+ yard 7 TD season on Ok State as a sophomore, then even last year did well on Tulane after he transferred to there, but never quite elite enough and went as a UDFA this past draft.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2020 at 8:41 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Is it a better year for QBs in 2021 than it was 2020?

I think so even if you just look at the top 2. 

Lawrence/Fields are IMO better prospects than both Burrow/Tua. Lawrence is regarded as probably the best QB prospect since Luck and his classmate Fields is the perfect prototype for the 'new age' QB with a balance of size/speed/accuracy/arm strength. Plus his 40TDs/1INT split doesnt hurt.

Burrow (while amazing) has sort of a 1 year wonder tag and his deep ball was a minor concern. Tua is a 6'0" tall lefty with major injury concerns.

If they were all in the same class it would look like

1.Lawrence 

2a. Fields 2b. Burrow

3. Tua

 

Edited by AkronsWitness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×