2021 early watching list

paul-mac

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Holland is one I really have my eye on.  With his ball skills at safety (where I think he ends up projected at the next level, albeit a safety who can be a slot CB at times) I think he could end up a top 10 pick.  He already has 9 int through his sophomore year and a lot of passes defended.  Those kind of ball skills are coveted by NFL teams.

He's that true swiss army knife that has become so valuable lately. Idk if he will continue to be a punt returner in the NFL but that just shows his movement skills I think. He has been a bit banged up throughout his career (no major injuries but a few minor ones that limited him in some games) which will be something to keep an eye on. Top 10 might be a bit rich but only because I don't think he's an elite athlete, which you really need to be to be taken that high at his position. More likely a late 1st, early 2nd round guy that people look back on as a steal

On 4/27/2020 at 11:56 AM, JTagg7754 said:

Wilson is going to be a "first overall WR prospect" so that bar is kinda high lol but yes, Olave is interesting to watch. I don't feel he's first round material just yet but w/ another season, that could absolutely change!

Bet Chris will be a better pro than DPJ............

1 hour ago, ScoDucks823 said:

He's that true swiss army knife that has become so valuable lately. Idk if he will continue to be a punt returner in the NFL but that just shows his movement skills I think. He has been a bit banged up throughout his career (no major injuries but a few minor ones that limited him in some games) which will be something to keep an eye on. Top 10 might be a bit rich but only because I don't think he's an elite athlete, which you really need to be to be taken that high at his position. More likely a late 1st, early 2nd round guy that people look back on as a steal

Malik Hooker had 1 year of production with 7 int and went top 15.  Holland already has 9 in his career and I could see him having an all American type 6-7 int type of year because he has the ball skills, which were the reason Hooker went that high.

Wyatt Davis - OG - tOSU - He was my OG1 if he declared this draft and I feel the same when he declares this season, dominant,massive, mauler with great feet and balance. Plus not only because he plays for tOSU, but his father was Alvin Mack from the movie The Program

Jaylen Twyman - DT - Pitt  - I thought he could have been the 3rd DT off the board if he declared this draft, but he is a fantastic interior pass rusher with another year could solidify his status as a sure fire first round pick IMO

Marvin Wilson - DT - FSU - I went as far as calling him my DT1 if he declared this year, but he is a complete dog inside, plus I gave him extra points for constantly bringing it even though they didn't have a banner season. He is an absolute monster and I think he is every bit as good or even better than Derrick Brown.

Josh Myers - C - tOSU - Don't be surprised if he ends up being the best center in this draft, another easy moving mauler who as pivotal to Dobbin's breakout season

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Malik Hooker had 1 year of production with 7 int and went top 15.  Holland already has 9 in his career and I could see him having an all American type 6-7 int type of year because he has the ball skills, which were the reason Hooker went that high.

Yeah i'm not saying it's impossible, just feels unlikely at this point. I love holland as a prospect and he'll probably start as my number 1 defensive back, if not defensive player (would have been runaway safety 1 this year and probably the 3rd DB taken after Okudah and Henderson) but I think other guys will pass him up if his athletic numbers come in just OK. I expect that he'll probably be on the high end of average athletically. Also I think the Colts would probably have preferred getting Hooker a bit later in the draft than top 15

On 4/27/2020 at 8:47 AM, THE DUKE said:

JaMarr Chase torched everyone. 

84 catches
1780 yards
21.2 avg
20 TD

Easy WR1 next year in a class that is even more stacked at WR than the 2020 WR draft class.  Top 5 pick next year.

He's my #1 too but Justyn Ross is up there as well.  A year earlier he was the one that torched Alabama in the National Title Game.

Next year's WR class looks better than this year's WR class IMO.  At least at the very top.

Georgia's draft eligible players next year with my projected grade as of now

Defense

Sr. SS Richard LeCounte -  Day 2

Jr. CB Tyson Campbell- Day 1 to 2

Jr. CB Eric Stokes- Day 2 to 3

Sr. CB DJ Daniel-  Day 2 to 3

Sr. DB Mark Webb- Day 3-udfa

Sr. LB Monty Rice- Day 2 to 3

R.So. OLB Azeez Ojulari Day 1 to 2

Sr. OLB Jermaine Johnson- Day 3

Sr. OLB Walter Grant- Day 3 to UDFA

Jr. OLB Adam Anderson- Day 2 to 3

Jr. NT Jordan Davis- Day 1 to 2

Sr. DT Devonte Wyatt- Day 3 to udfa

Sr. DE Malik Herring- day 3 to udfa

Sr. DT Julian Rochester- udfa

Offense

Sr. OG Ben Cleveland- Day 2 to 3

Sr. OG Justin Shaffer- Day 3

Jr. OL Jamaree Salyer- Day 1 to 2

Jr. OC Trey Hill- Day 2

Sr. QB Jamie Newman- Haven't seen him play in a bulldog uniform yet but being mocked in the first

Jr. RB James Cook- Day 1 to 3

R.So. RB Zamir White- Day 2

Jr. WR Matt Landers- Day 3 to udfa

Sr. WR Demetris Robertson- Day 3

• Like 1

Troy Andersen - LB Montana State

6-4, 233#, jack of all trades for the Bobcats

Big Sky Freshman of the year in 2017 as a RB and LB

Big Sky All Conference QB as a sophomore in a wildcat style offense

Hero sports all American at LB while still carrying the ball as a RB/wildcat QB his junior year before injuries ended his season

Ran a 10.88 100 meter dash his senior year in high school

If he gets healthy (a big part of which is no longer carrying the football) and can focus on the defensive side of the ball I think he could be a really good mid round LB for someone to coach up.   Have read NFL scouts prefer him on offense but who knows.  Hell of an athlete though

• Like 2

5 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

Coan is decent but if not for COVID-19 he may not even be the starter next year.

Oh I can agree with that. 

But I think that speaks more to Chryst's recruiting. I think Coan could start at several major programs. It's why I think he'll be successful enough in the NFL- not necessarily a franchise guy, but a quality backup/stop gap.

No truly elite skill set, but his progress against major competition jumped out at me last year. I'd take a shot at anyone I can see the growth from over "untapped potential" 7 days a week if I were in the market for a backup. You have to take those shots for a franchise guy, obviously. But if I'm looking for a coachable, safe, steady hand at backup, I can't think of many more on the horizon right now. 

Good luck this year, I'll be pulling for you guys again. 

9 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

Wisconsin has Van Lanen (LT) and Ferguson (TE) and that’s about it. I don’t see anyone having a meteoric rise like Baun did last year, if there was one player who it could be it would be Sanborn (ILB)

Loudermilk has prototype 3-4 5 tech size. If he puts it all together I could see a day 2 pick being used on him. Groshek I really like as a 3rd down back, I'd say he's draftable as a 6/7 round pick. Definitely not a great eligible class for UW. 

I started listing a lot of people I know about but it was only from big name schools. Due to gambling, I watch more college football than I probably should but even then, it's impossible for an average joe to really know about everyone. I found a pretty good list though for people who might want to check out some prospects next year (assuming things go as planned).

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-draft-prospects-2021-big-board-top-players-rankings/847xhlvbact4127t9bz4vajv5

Had all players I was going to list and some I didn't think about. Next year's OT class and WR class is going to be excellent!!

13 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

Georgia's draft eligible players next year with my projected grade as of now

Defense

Sr. SS Richard LeCounte -  Day 2

Jr. CB Tyson Campbell- Day 1 to 2

Jr. CB Eric Stokes- Day 2 to 3

Sr. CB DJ Daniel-  Day 2 to 3

Sr. DB Mark Webb- Day 3-udfa

Sr. LB Monty Rice- Day 2 to 3

R.So. OLB Azeez Ojulari Day 1 to 2

Sr. OLB Jermaine Johnson- Day 3

Sr. OLB Walter Grant- Day 3 to UDFA

Jr. OLB Adam Anderson- Day 2 to 3

Jr. NT Jordan Davis- Day 1 to 2

Sr. DT Devonte Wyatt- Day 3 to udfa

Sr. DE Malik Herring- day 3 to udfa

Sr. DT Julian Rochester- udfa

Offense

Sr. OG Ben Cleveland- Day 2 to 3

Sr. OG Justin Shaffer- Day 3

Jr. OL Jamaree Salyer- Day 1 to 2

Jr. OC Trey Hill- Day 2

Sr. QB Jamie Newman- Haven't seen him play in a bulldog uniform yet but being mocked in the first

Jr. RB James Cook- Day 1 to 3

R.So. RB Zamir White- Day 2

Jr. WR Matt Landers- Day 3 to udfa

Sr. WR Demetris Robertson- Day 3

Stokes is probably my favorite bulldog other than LeCounte. But Stokes has to get some interceptions this year to boost his stock. 9 PD each of the last two years but no interceptions. Need to see that ability to come down with a turnover. Even in high school I believe he only had 2 interceptions his senior year. 

• Like 1