YZ: AJ Green, John Ross
ZR: Tyler Boyd, Alex Erickson
TE: CJ Uzomah, Drew Sample, Cethan Carter
OT: Jonah WIlliams, Bobby Hart, Fred Johnson
OG: Michael Jordan, Xavier Su'a-Filo, Hakeem Adeniji
OC: Trey Hopkins, Billy Price

Defense: 26

Edge: Carlos Dunlap, Sam Hubbard, Carl Lawson, Khalid Kareem
IDL: Geno Atkins, DJ Reader, Josh Tupou, Renell Wren, Ryan Glasgow, Andrew Brown
LB: Germaine Pratt, Josh Bynes, Logan Wilson, Akeem Davis-Gaither, Jordan Evans, Markus Bailey
CB: William Jackson, Trae Waynes, Darius Phillips, LeShaun Sims
Slot: Mackenzie Alexander, Tony Brown
S: Jessie Bates, Vonn Bell, Shawn Williams, Brandon Wilson

Special Teams: 3

K: Randy Bullock
P: Kevin Huber
LS: Clark Harris

Notes

• I think the practice squad will have at least 2 WR on it given the injury issues the position group has had the last few years.
  • Given how multiple they want to be defensively, I think they lean heavier on D than O
  • I won't be shocked if they cut bait with Finley if they like how Dolegala has progressed year to year and just carry 2 QB and carry a 7th WR, could do the same with the 4th RB
  • I obvious see Dalton gone before opening day.  Use that money as roster bonuses for extensions and take the cap hit now to give us flexibility going into 2021
  • Why carry more than 8 olinemen if the 9th guy isn't going to be better than practice squad level or a guy you can sign off the street?
  • I could see one of Rose, McRae, or McTyer making it over Sims, that'll be a camp battle
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

I'm surprised how little wiggle room I see. I expect 7 receivers,  but we're already short at offensive line, and 3 QBs seems to be the norm now. Maybe one less DT or linebacker? 

Yes and no.  I expect a few guys to be put on practice squad that will move up and down a few times this year, given the relaxation of the rules regarding moving up and down without exposing them to waivers. 

A prime candidate for that is probably the guard, Hakeem.

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

That 9th OL can be a guy stashed on the practice squad.  No sense being tied to a PS level player when they are so replaceable.  Keep shuffling through guys till one pops and then think about carrying nine.

And practice squad players can be claimed.  Keep in mind that we have first waiver priority through the first four weeks.  We may find an upgrade.

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

And practice squad players can be claimed.  Keep in mind that we have first waiver priority through the first four weeks.  We may find an upgrade.

But if claimed, they have to be part of the 53.  How many teams are going to jump over the Bengals 9th lineman?

I think they'll find some other guys too.  That group is not settled, in the least.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

But if claimed, they have to be part of the 53.  How many teams are going to jump over the Bengals 9th lineman?

I think they'll find some other guys too.  That group is not settled, in the least.

Teams with injuries, which is why we'd keep a ninth one in the first place anyway.  Especially with our injury history/bad luck recently

I wonder if AJ Green and John Ross are fighting for a spot on the roster in 2021. Both of their contracts are done after this year and depending on how they both play, one of them will get a big contract. So in 2021, it’d be Higgins/Boyd/ either Ross or AJ, whichever shows they deserve the contract more and probably lean towards Ross given his age. Obviously this theory is thrown out the window if the extend AJ before July 15. 

5 hours ago, BengalsBite said:

I wonder if AJ Green and John Ross are fighting for a spot on the roster in 2021. Both of their contracts are done after this year and depending on how they both play, one of them will get a big contract. So in 2021, it’d be Higgins/Boyd/ either Ross or AJ, whichever shows they deserve the contract more and probably lean towards Ross given his age. Obviously this theory is thrown out the window if the extend AJ before July 15. 

I don't.  Ross is playing for his next contract, most likely somewhere else.  Green has openly stated he wants to play here to the end.

They don't really compare.  Unless Ross has an absolutely monster season (like 1300+ yards), his contract isn't going to be in the same neighborhood as AJ's.  I can see room for both, but the team probably moves on from Ross to clear way for a younger body next year.  Ross probably wants a change of scenery too.