Post Draft 53 Man Roster Prediction

THE DUKE

14 hours ago, BengalsBite said:

If Higgins catches on and Ross has a solid year, I would not be surprised if we re-sign Ross and let AJ walk 

I think AJ stays if the contract numbers are right.  It's independent of what Ross does in my mind.  I believe that the only way he stays is if he's absolutely magical with Burrow.  Most likely he moves on after this season. 

I just really do not want to see Ross walk away and become an elite WR elsewhere. He has so much talent and has shown that he can be great when he does play. It’s literally just injuries as to why he’s a bust. Those injuries are just enough to keep him off the field, not enough to affect his play on the field. He played in 8 games last year and was in on 65% or more of the snaps in 6 of those 8. His 16 game average last season would net him at 1,012 yards and 6 TDs. It feels like Cincy fans are already counting him gone after this year as if we’re on borrowed time with him. He’s the only guy on the roster that runs faster than a 4.5 and arguably his best attribute is he’s quickness, not his speed. I just don’t get it. He has all the talent in the world to be a top 5 WR in this league. It’s just injuries. We cannot let him walk

39 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Ross's 5th year option is $16 million.  I don't think the Bengals are going to want to pay him that much unless he just destroys the league this year and has 1200+ yards and double digit TDs.

They wouldn't be able to exercise it after this year anyway. The cutoff is sometime this off-season. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BengalsBite said:

I just really do not want to see Ross walk away and become an elite WR elsewhere. He has so much talent and has shown that he can be great when he does play.

Has he, though? He’s been okay when he’s seen the field, certainly not great. I’ll agree he obviously has a ton of talent (hence taking him in the top 10), but to me talent doesn’t mean anything if you can’t hone that ability and produce consistently. He’s flashed it for sure, but it’s about being consistent and remaining consistent and improving and getting better as the weeks go by. I just didn’t see that from him. He had too many drops, slipped on too many routes, gave up on too many balls, and didn’t separate as well as he should’ve, he’s not particularly dangerous with the ball in his hands - you just don’t see that from good/great receivers. Maybe injuries are to blame for that, I don’t know.

I don’t think he’ll ever be anything special. He’s a solid role guy who adds a speed element to the offense that teams are forced to respect. Outside of that, I never see him becoming a #1 or #2 receiver. Hoping he proves me wrong this year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Has he, though? He’s been okay when he’s seen the field, certainly not great. I’ll agree he obviously has a ton of talent (hence taking him in the top 10), but to me talent doesn’t mean anything if you can’t hone that ability and produce consistently. He’s flashed it for sure, but it’s about being consistent and remaining consistent and improving and getting better as the weeks go by. I just didn’t see that from him. He had too many drops, slipped on too many routes, gave up on too many balls, and didn’t separate as well as he should’ve, he’s not particularly dangerous with the ball in his hands - you just don’t see that from good/great receivers. Maybe injuries are to blame for that, I don’t know.

I don’t think he’ll ever be anything special. He’s a solid role guy who adds a speed element to the offense that teams are forced to respect. Outside of that, I never see him becoming a #1 or #2 receiver. Hoping he proves me wrong this year.

Agreed.  And if he reconciles with that, I could see him sticking around next offseason only if he is willing to be paid as such.  Most likely, he seeks opportunity elsewhere, but he does offer something that the others don't, that incredible burst

22 hours ago, theJ said:

They wouldn't be able to exercise it after this year anyway. The cutoff is sometime this off-season. 

Yes, next week actually on May 4. Other teams have already started announcing who will or won't have their option exercised.