2021 Mock Draft

THE DUKE

If the Lions are back in the top 10 this year (pick 8 here) then Patricia and Quinn are out the door. A new regime is likely going to look at trading Stafford and beginning a new era in Detroit. You're likely to see Jamie Newman, Trey Lance, Bock Purdy or some other guy in that spot. 

On 4/28/2020 at 7:47 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What else am I supposed to say lol. I mean he had us pegged at 1. Not like I'm pitch a fit over picking there, so I just judge it based on the spot given

Being bad enough to pick #1 doesn't mean you tanked.
So.... MIA "tanked for tua", right?
I'm overtired of "tanking for <player flavor of the week/month/year>"

No one has to start that crazy talk! LOL.... xD:D c'mon....you know you wanna laugh. :P 

Edited by Shashiaj70

2 hours ago, Shashiaj70 said:

Being bad enough to pick #1 doesn't mean you tanked.
So.... MIA "tanked for tua", right?
I'm overtired of "tanking for <player flavor of the week/month/year>"

No one has to start that crazy talk! LOL.... xD:D c'mon....you know you wanna laugh. :P 

Its been thrust upon us as either a joke or they think its the real thing. I’m just leaning into it haha

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 1:01 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Its been thrust upon us as either a joke or they think its the real thing. I’m just leaning into it haha

Honestly, I don't think the Jaguars finish with the worst record.  It's going to be a team that gets decimated by injury, like it is most every year.  Even last year the Bengals were down their best player in AJ Green, their #3 WR, their #4 WR their LT,, LG, backup LT, 3rd string LT, had the worst LB unit in the league and still almost didn't get the number one pick (they beat Miami in that OT game, then they don't).

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Honestly, I don't think the Jaguars finish with the worst record.  It's going to be a team that gets decimated by injury, like it is most every year.  Even last year the Bengals were down their best player in AJ Green, their #3 WR, their #4 WR their LT,, LG, backup LT, 3rd string LT, had the worst LB unit in the league and still almost didn't get the number one pick (they beat Miami in that OT game, then they don't).

I feel like at the very least Gardner will Ryan Fitzpatrick us to a pick outside the top-2

On 5/8/2020 at 5:27 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I feel like at the very least Gardner will Ryan Fitzpatrick us to a pick outside the top-2

I feel like this year will see a 4-12 team still get the number 1 overall pick, so the spot is mofre open than the previous few years.  

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Any reason why you think that? 4 wins seems like too much for #1 especially if someone might tank for Trevor 

Besides your Jags, who looks to be tanking going into the season at this point?  Miami has Tua, so they are set for a year or two, and if he's healthy, the next 5-10.  The Bengals have Burrow, the Chargers have Herbert.

The Bears, Giants and Redskins could be bad, but two play each other twice, so maybe they split, plus they have recent high draft pick commitments at the moment.  Maybe the Bears try to tank but with all those veterans, that won't be easy to push.  

In the end, I don't see any truly awful teams (unless the Jags keep moving veteran players) and even if they are runaway the worst, they might squeeze a couple of games late (lke we did when Burrow was ours)

7 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Besides your Jags, who looks to be tanking going into the season at this point?  Miami has Tua, so they are set for a year or two, and if he's healthy, the next 5-10.  The Bengals have Burrow, the Chargers have Herbert.

The Bears, Giants and Redskins could be bad, but two play each other twice, so maybe they split, plus they have recent high draft pick commitments at the moment.  Maybe the Bears try to tank but with all those veterans, that won't be easy to push.  

In the end, I don't see any truly awful teams (unless the Jags keep moving veteran players) and even if they are runaway the worst, they might squeeze a couple of games late (lke we did when Burrow was ours)

The tanking part was more of an add-on to the fact that 4 wins is too many to get #1

# of teams with less than 4 wins(# of teams with 4)

2019: 3(1)

2018: 1 (3)

2017: 2(2)

2016: 4(1)

2015: 2(2)

2014: 4(2)

2013: 2(5)

2012: 2(3)

2011: 3(2)

2010: 1(3)

So the last 10 years the team picking 1st had less than 4 wins. I just find it hard to believe that'll be the case this year.