2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

23 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Definitely think this Bradley hire does give the team a greater chance of going DE with the 17th pick. Gimmie Phillips at 17 and let’s get to work. 

You think Phillips rises that far? No criticism here, I just think he'll be available in rd2 or 3 if we wanted him. I'm a fan, I just haven't seen much 1st round talk with him.

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

You think Phillips rises that far? No criticism here, I just think he'll be available in rd2 or 3 if we wanted him. I'm a fan, I just haven't seen much 1st round talk with him.

Definitely think he will get picked in the first round. More of a projection for me. Like I think Trevon Moehrig(S) is a first round pick, but you see him being talked about as a second round pick. 

The DEs are so bunched together in this draft it could go a lot of ways. I’m a big fan of Phillips game and the only questions for him come off the field if those check out then I think he will sky rocket. 

• Like 1

If we don't reach on Barmore, my sleeper pick for us at 17 is Moehrig. He won the Jim Thorpe award, is a really good center fielder, and if he runs/interviews well, I can see the staff (especially Bradley) falling in love with him.

Now this is not what I'm saying we do. But I am really starting to get the feeling that he might be a guy they zero in on.

• Like 1

Maybe I haven't kept up on the thread enough, but a name I haven't seen brought up that is a bit of a "oh wow I wanna watch/look into that guy" is Minnesota offensive tackle Daniel Faalele. That's a biiig boy, and maybe a Trent Brown replacement.

edit: haha he's mentioned in the post before this one, nice

Edited by Trojan

On 1/14/2021 at 6:00 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we don't reach on Barmore, my sleeper pick for us at 17 is Moehrig. He won the Jim Thorpe award, is a really good center fielder, and if he runs/interviews well, I can see the staff (especially Bradley) falling in love with him.

Now this is not what I'm saying we do. But I am really starting to get the feeling that he might be a guy they zero in on.

I really like Moehrig but ugh it’s a big reach at 17.  We gotta stop teaching.! If we loved him and traded down I wouldn’t mind... he seems like a good center fielder who can hit and a really nice player to combo with Abrams.

Latest TDN mock I did netted

EDGE Gregory Rousseau, Miami (17)

S Jevon Holland, Oregon (48)

DT Marvin Wilson, Florida State (80)

CB Kary Vincent Jr, LSU (120)

OT Alaric Jackson, Iowa (160)

WR Damonte Coxie, Memphis (243)

I'd actually be really cool with that. Focus FA on the O-line and LB depth and a nice luxury piece somewhere. I would've liked to go O-line earlier, but couldn't without a huge reach per their rankings. Still, it would absolutely transform our pass rush and coverage on D. 

Edited by ronjon1990

9 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I really like Moehrig but ugh it’s a big reach at 17.  We gotta stop teaching.! If we loved him and traded down I wouldn’t mind... he seems like a good center fielder who can hit and a really nice player to combo with Abrams.

Why is he a reach then?

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Latest TDN mock I did netted

EDGE Gregory Rousseau, Miami (17)

S Jevon Holland, Oregon (48)

DT Marvin Wilson, Florida State (80)

CB Kary Vincent Jr, LSU (120)

OT Alaric Jackson, Iowa (160)

WR Damonte Coxie, Memphis (243)

I'd actually be really cool with that. Focus FA on the O-line and LB depth and a nice luxury piece somewhere. I would've liked to go O-line earlier, but couldn't without a huge reach per their rankings. Still, it would absolutely transform our pass rush and coverage on D. 

I did a mock draft on TDN and had the first 3 picks the same :)