2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

New mock with the assumption that we address FS in free agency by signing JJ3 or Marcus Williams. 

17. Azeez Oujlari | Edge | Georgia 

49. Daviyon Nixon | DT | Missouri

80. Spencer Brown | OT | Northern Iowa 

122. Josh Bledsoe | DB | Missouri 

163. Khalil Herbert | RB | Virginia Tech 

242. Robert Rochell | CB | Central Arkansas

• Like 6

FWIW Dane Bulger (The Athletic's main draft guy) and Tashan Reed (One of the Raider's beat writers) released a 7 round mock draft. 

17. Christian Barmore | DT | Alabama

48. Carlos Basham Jr | Edge | Wake Forest

80. Jabril Cox | LB | LSU

115. Talanoa Hufanga | S | USC

161. Jaret Patterson | RB | Buffalo 

244. Trevon Grimes | WR | Florida 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

New mock with the assumption that we address FS in free agency by signing JJ3 or Marcus Williams. 

don't really know those besides those first two picks, but that draft positions could make sense. there's so many good RB2 in free agency, should be able to sign one for cheap. LB or IOL could be a day 3 target

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

FWIW Dane Bulger (The Athletic's main draft guy) and Tashan Reed (One of the Raider's beat writers) released a 7 round mock draft. 

I like it, however instead of Basham I would like to see a true speed guy.

Bashman and Ferrell two guys won’t be able to win on the edge in the NFL so insert spider man meme. 

Big fan of Cox in the 3rd round. My biggest concern for the defense is Kwiat and his athletic ability to stay on the field. With Gus Bradley defense. I don’t think the Raiders are married to him outside of this season and Cox will be able to provide that cover ability on 3rd downs that is very much needed in this defense 

In the 1st, like Azeez(The best sceme fit) and Phillips(could very well be the steal of the draft at 17) the most at this point. I also like Christian barmore but not as much as those two (especially with resigning David Irving)The two I definitely don’t want to see The Raiders draft are paye or basham. 

I don’t think a safety needs to be drafted in the first round just because of the amount of options we have in free agency. I also really like the day two and three options at safety so I don’t think a first round safety is necessary even with the free-agent class of safeties being what it is.

To be honest with the raiders cap the way it is the only moves I want to see them making free agency or resign Agholor and get a safety. 

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Bashman and Ferrell two guys won’t be able to win on the edge in the NFL so insert spider man meme. 

Big fan of Cox in the 3rd round. My biggest concern for the defense is Kwiat and his athletic ability to stay on the field. With Gus Bradley defense. I don’t think the Raiders are married to him outside of this season and Cox will be able to provide that cover ability on 3rd downs that is very much needed in this defense 

I'd like to see another season outta kwit personally. He's not great in coverage,  but he's far from horrible. Great tackler, injured early on and it was a remote and zoom off-season. The guy who was supposed to be the coverage guy is closer to being gone imo. (and I'd also like to see another season from him Fwiw) my concern is the middle of our dline and our secondary (you know,  the obvious. Lol!) I thought kit was pretty solid, but what do I know,  I liked CD lamb,  I thought Herbert was gonna be a good QB, I liked J kinlaw. I'm a football dummy. Lol 

• Like 1

When the Raiders redid Littleton contract before the season started that took away any flexibility in getting rid of him. He’s gonna be around till that contract is up or at least till 2023.

Kwiat has an easy out after this season. He’s not bad in coverage but speed ain’t his calling and when he has to run with the slot WR in 4 verticals which a main play against a cover 3 it will be an issue. 

27 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

When the Raiders redid Littleton contract before the season started that took away any flexibility in getting rid of him. He’s gonna be around till that contract is up or at least till 2023.

Kwiat has an easy out after this season. He’s not bad in coverage but speed ain’t his calling and when he has to run with the slot WR in 4 verticals which a main play against a cover 3 it will be an issue. 

I got ya, but I still don't want him gone,  if necessary substitute, but he was our best defensive addition (in my opinion, and it's not close. Lol)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

I'd like to see another season outta kwit personally. He's not great in coverage,  but he's far from horrible. Great tackler, injured early on and it was a remote and zoom off-season. The guy who was supposed to be the coverage guy is closer to being gone imo. (and I'd also like to see another season from him Fwiw) my concern is the middle of our dline and our secondary (you know,  the obvious. Lol!) I thought kit was pretty solid, but what do I know,  I liked CD lamb,  I thought Herbert was gonna be a good QB, I liked J kinlaw. I'm a football dummy. Lol 

We would be crazy to give up on Kwit and Littleton after a single season.  No way we should be cutting either of them.

On 2/21/2021 at 1:46 PM, NYRaider said:

Basham and Barmore are both good. Cox and Hufanga are both good. Plus a late round flyer on a RB and WR never hurt. I like it.

7 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I hope they aren't forcing him to do this. There aren't many LB in the NFL who can do this.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Littleton played at a Pro Bowl level in 2018 and 2019. Hopefully he can return to form in Bradley's scheme.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jerry said:

We would be crazy to give up on Kwit and Littleton after a single season.  No way we should be cutting either of them.

Kwit was very good, no idea what people watched to want him gone. and he played hurt. Littleton last few games night and day. 

both young too

• Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 2:21 PM, NYRaider said:

Nixon went to Iowa. Not Missouri.